PDA

View Full Version : Obama won't be re-elected

itshappening
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I cannot for the life of me see him being re-elected, already there are too many scandals and people are seeing through his Wall Street corrupt administration

There is no doubt that the GOP primary will be the presidential election. it could come down to whoever wins Iowa will have a great shot at capturing the presidency. If Ron can win Iowa like he won CPAC i.e organized and gamed the low turn out caucus then he will have momentum to carry him through to the other states

we need to start thinking seriously about this, we have one shot IF RP agree's to run, if he doesn't he needs to get behind someone like Gary Johnson early and make it clear that he wants everyone to back him if he is happy with that so at least we have something...

The sad thing is if Romney buys the nomination or we end up with Gingrich (!), then Rand will be blocked in 2016 unless he does a convention type challenge like Reagan did as if they did win the presidency people will see through them within a few years too.

Kludge
06-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Overall, 48% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-two percent (52%) disapprove." (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)

http://www.hist.umn.edu/%7Eruggles/Approval_files/Approval_27267_image001.png

Just need a popular war...

awake
06-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Maybe so, but the next thing that crawls up in the chair will make you wish he was.

lynnf
06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
that's not the real question. the real question is: will the imposter-in-chief even make it through his first term?

lynn

catdd
06-03-2010, 08:39 PM
What worries me is that he will set the bar so low anyone could jump it.

libertythor
06-03-2010, 08:53 PM
that's not the real question. the real question is: will the imposter-in-chief even make it through his first term?

lynn

I hope not.

zade
06-03-2010, 08:55 PM
why wouldn't he (make it through his first term)?

osan
06-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I cannot for the life of me see him being re-elected, already there are too many scandals and people are seeing through his Wall Street corrupt administration

So? If he is ousted, he will be replaced with an equivalent show pony. What, exactly, do you think is going to change?

we need to start thinking seriously about this, we have one shot IF RP agree's to run, if he doesn't he needs to get behind someone like Gary Johnson early and make it clear that he wants everyone to back him if he is happy with that so at least we have something...

I have much respect for RP as an intellect and as a principled and apparently honest man. That said, I ask once again what is it you think he will make different that will prove fundamental to our lives? If he has insufficient congressional support, he will accomplish NOTHING. If his agenda is not in line with that of those who own the congress, he will have insufficient support.

If perchance he manages to pose a credible threat, we will either find out about cigars in places they do not belong or he will simply die in office.

The sad thing is if Romney buys the nomination or we end up with Gingrich (!), then Rand will be blocked in 2016 unless he does a convention type challenge like Reagan did as if they did win the presidency people will see through them within a few years too.

What we see through is no longer relevant. They no longer care that much, which is demonstrated in the level of effort they make to cover themselves. It is next to zero.

We are in a LOT of trouble and there is little to nothing we can now affect that will lead to fundamental changes in favor of our liberties.

By all means go through the motions, but a solid Plan B is probably a very good idea at this point.

BW2112
06-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Maybe so, but the next thing that crawls up in the chair will make you wish he was.

Unless its Ron Paul. I just hope that won't be wishful thinking two years from now.

Promontorium
06-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I would rather Obama win another term than some junky run of the mill asshole neocon Republican. People are dumb as bricks. The best of the majority are looking for quick fixes. The rest don't care.

I'm about to declare the US unworkably ruined and promote its self destruction (ie promote the current course).

Obama is nationalizing everything. California is taking my guns and grocery bags. The internet is on its way out. the first amendment is on its way out. The police are asserting that humans exist for them to abuse.

Obama 2012. Don't even question it.

AuH20
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I would rather Obama win another term than some junky run of the mill asshole neocon Republican. People are dumb as bricks. The best of the majority are looking for quick fixes. The rest don't care.

I'm about to declare the US unworkably ruined and promote its self destruction (ie promote the current course).

Obama is nationalizing everything. California is taking my guns and grocery bags. The internet is on its way out. the first amendment is on its way out. The police are asserting that humans exist for them to abuse.

Obama 2012. Don't even question it.

You're right. Think how far behind we'd be with McCain at the helm. Obama can't help himself in the mold of FDR.

cindy25
06-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Obama will lose to Romney in 2012, who will also be a 1 termer

Matthew Zak
06-03-2010, 09:34 PM
As long as the majority of black people in the city vote for Obama because he's blackish, the election will swing in Obama's favor. The only way to win in 2012 is to impeach Obama before we get there.

BlackTerrel
06-03-2010, 10:08 PM
A lot can happen between now and 2012. No one really knows.

As long as the majority of black people in the city vote for Obama because he's blackish, the election will swing in Obama's favor.

As long as RPF members have this sort of defeatist attitude Ron Paul won't attract the black vote. Which by the way, 11% of the population didn't decide the electorate. Obama won because enough white people voted for him. A lot more white people that voted for Ron Paul.

The only way to win in 2012 is to impeach Obama before we get there.

Not going to happen.

Imaginos
06-03-2010, 10:09 PM
The only way to win in 2012 is to impeach Obama before we get there.
There is one problem in that scenario.
If Obama got kicked out, then we'll have Biden presidency.
As much as I disapprove Obama, Biden is 100 times worse than Obama.
Biden is a self proclaimed Zionist (on national TV, mind you) and if he got into White House, we'll start war vs. Iran before 2012.
The one and only good thing about Obama presidency is at least Obama is somewhat reluctant than Biden, McCain, and Palin (!) to start war vs. Iran.
And if McCain & Palin team won the election, we'd be in full scale Iran war by now.

Stary Hickory
06-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Obama was finished after the HC bill. I am just hoping that we get it repealed before it ruins our health care system.

Matthew Zak
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
There is one problem in that scenario.
If Obama got kicked out, then we'll have Biden presidency.
As much as I disapprove Obama, Biden is 100 times worse than Obama.
Biden is a self proclaimed Zionist (on national TV, mind you) and if he got into White House, we'll start war vs. Iran before 2012.
The one and only good thing about Obama presidency is at least Obama is somewhat reluctant than Biden, McCain, and Palin (!) to start war vs. Iran.
And if McCain & Palin team won the election, we'd be in full scale Iran war by now.

So we kick him out toward the end of his term... it will be easier to defeat biden than to defeat Obama. Look, this clown got elected in the first place, there is no underestimating the level of ignorance in the voters of this country. I'm telling you, Obama is a lock.

freshjiva
06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
So? If he is ousted, he will be replaced with an equivalent show pony. What, exactly, do you think is going to change?

I have much respect for RP as an intellect and as a principled and apparently honest man. That said, I ask once again what is it you think he will make different that will prove fundamental to our lives? If he has insufficient congressional support, he will accomplish NOTHING. If his agenda is not in line with that of those who own the congress, he will have insufficient support.

This is true, but the President can still do many things without authorization from Congress, as per his Constitutional authorities. The President has the power to end the wars, withdraw troops from around the world, end alliances and maintain neutrality in foreign affairs, and, in RP's case, even appoint Austrian economists to be Secretary of Treasury and Fed Chairman (yes, even though an Austrian economist working for the Fed is an oxymoron).

You're right that RP would need support from Congress to make real changes, but the reform he would make under his Presidential authority alone would dwarf what "change" Obama/Pelosi/Reid have brought on.

BuddyRey
06-03-2010, 10:28 PM
As hard as I try to convince myself that Obama's destined to be a one-term President, there's always that nagging sense of doubt in the back of my mind that suggests the average American voter is much dumber than I give him or her credit for.

South Park Fan
06-03-2010, 10:56 PM
As hard as I try to convince myself that Obama's destined to be a one-term President, there's always that nagging sense of doubt in the back of my mind that suggests the average American voter is much dumber than I give him or her credit for.

Of course, Obama can still win in the (unfortunately) likely scenario that the Republicans choose a big-government candidate as their nominee.

Golding
06-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Realistically, I don't see anyone who is going to beat him. Voters care more about style than substance. The more he talks, the more people seem to eat it up. Doesn't really matter how much he lies. People seem to want to be comforted into not caring. He's good at what he does -- he's able to sell people on an abstract idea so that they will be complacent while waiting for it to happen. By the time voters realize they've been duped, it's already way too late.

Endgame
06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Chicago has taken over Washington. These people know how to stay in control. I'm sure they've got a million cards to play come 2012.

amonasro
06-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Realistically, I don't see anyone who is going to beat him. Voters care more about style than substance. The more he talks, the more people seem to eat it up. Doesn't really matter how much he lies. People seem to want to be comforted into not caring. He's good at what he does -- he's able to sell people on an abstract idea so that they will be complacent while waiting for it to happen. By the time voters realize they've been duped, it's already way too late.

My thoughts exactly. Obama is like a slick car salesman selling the same cheap used car over and over and over again. Even if the car breaks down, he'll just sell us another one.

speciallyblend
06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
will the gop elect obama? i have a sinking feeling they will! if the gop keeps ignoring the ron paul platform i see lil hope for the gop! Ron Paul 2012

Cynanthrope
06-04-2010, 12:00 AM

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more with you.

The likely candidates whom I can see the GOP nominating (Palin, Gingrich, Romney, etc.) are mostly jokes who'll just repeat the same establishment talking points when it's necessary and likely support Bush's policies.

Unless the financial crisis hits soon and hits hard then we can probably assume a re-election victory.

libertybrewcity
06-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Obama will lose to Romney in 2012, who will also be a 1 termer

don't you think the health care issue will mess up his chances?

i could see Sarah Palin being the nominee unfortunately...but she would definitely lose. a third party candidate on the right would gather some momentum.

AmericaFyeah92
06-04-2010, 12:06 AM
The country is more libertarian now than it has ever been in recent decades, guys. Incumbents are set to lose BIG TIME in November, the Tea Party is rattling both establishments, isolated anti-government violence is occuring, and people want the State to start getting off their backs.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

We are somewhere between ridicule and fight right now. MSNBC, Bill Maher, etc. have been devoting their time to trashing the "anti-government" right.

This defeatism just gives all of you an excuse to be lazy. Either that or you're masochists who enjoy losing/being oppressed.

If RP does run, he needs to stay on-message and work on the charisma factor. No rambling, more applause lines, more "presidential" ("As prez I will..." not "We need to...")

If he doesn't, he should get behind someone worthy and push them HARD.

Depressed Liberator
06-04-2010, 12:12 AM
I'll be extremely reluctant to even want anyone other than Ron Paul if he isn't nominated for the Republicans. The Republicans have a lot going against them on the national level, so really, if it's just another neocon I don't see him (dear God I hope it's not her) winning.

cindy25
06-04-2010, 12:46 AM
blacks will vote for the Dem regardless if its Biden or Obama or Hillary.

I see Romney taking NH after Palin takes Iowa, then Romney picks Rubio and splits the Hispanic vote with Obama/Clinton (Biden having dropped out)

not what I want, just what I think will happen.

silentshout
06-04-2010, 01:22 AM
I don't know..it depends on who the Republicans nominate. If it's someone like Gingrich (yuck), I don't think the GOP will win. Not sure about Romney (I don't see much difference between him and Obama), but of course I'd hope for a RP win, and I think RP would because he'd bring in independents.

Marenco
06-04-2010, 01:36 AM
If a 9/11 type event happens before the elections, it's possible the people will rally behind him just like Bush and get a 2nd term.

libertybrewcity
06-04-2010, 01:42 AM
If a 9/11 type event happens before the elections, it's possible the people will rally behind him just like Bush and get a 2nd term.

2012 could be it

lynnf
06-04-2010, 04:26 AM
why wouldn't he (make it through his first term)?

well, let's see... for starters, there's impeachment, resignation, or running out of town on a rail.

lynn

itshappening
06-04-2010, 04:40 AM
I think whoever is the GOP nominee will beat Obama, people are stupid remember they only see things in black and white. Romney if he gets it will just position himself as anti-Obama and anti-Obamacare, he will promise to repeal it though wont have the votes in the Senate so it doesn't matter

Romney's blatant flip flops on abortion dont seem to have hurt him in the past

Southron
06-04-2010, 05:12 AM
I don't see Obama losing. They didn't have to play the racist card last election, but I believe it's coming.

nayjevin
06-04-2010, 05:22 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul's Transition Plan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3iK6Hy6xMA)

My Plan For A Freedom President - Ron Paul

Since my 2008 campaign for the presidency I have often been asked, “How would a constitutionalist president go about dismantling the welfare-warfare state and restoring a constitutional republic?” This is a very important question, because without a clear road map and set of priorities, such a president runs the risk of having his pro-freedom agenda stymied by the various vested interests that benefit from big government.

Of course, just as the welfare-warfare state was not constructed in 100 days, it could not be dismantled in the first 100 days of any presidency. While our goal is to reduce the size of the state as quickly as possible, we should always make sure our immediate proposals minimize social disruption and human suffering. Thus, we should not seek to abolish the social safety net overnight because that would harm those who have grown dependent on government-provided welfare. Instead, we would want to give individuals who have come to rely on the state time to prepare for the day when responsibility for providing aide is returned to those organizations best able to administer compassionate and effective help – churches and private charities.

Now, this need for a transition period does not apply to all types of welfare. For example, I would have no problem defunding corporate welfare programs, such as the Export-Import Bank or the TARP bank bailouts, right away. I find it difficult to muster much sympathy for the CEO’s of Lockheed Martin and Goldman Sachs.

No matter what the president wants to do, most major changes in government programs would require legislation to be passed by Congress. Obviously, the election of a constitutionalist president would signal that our ideas had been accepted by a majority of the American public and would probably lead to the election of several pro-freedom congressmen and senators. Furthermore, some senators and representatives would become “born again” constitutionalists out of a sense of self-preservation. Yet there would still be a fair number of politicians who would try to obstruct our freedom agenda. Thus, even if a president wanted to eliminate every unconstitutional program in one fell swoop, he would be very unlikely to obtain the necessary support in Congress.

Yet a pro-freedom president and his legislative allies could make tremendous progress simply by changing the terms of the negotiations that go on in Washington regarding the size and scope of government. Today, negotiations over legislation tend to occur between those who want a 100 percent increase in federal spending and those who want a 50 percent increase. Their compromise is a 75 percent increase. With a president serious about following the Constitution, backed by a substantial block of sympathetic representatives in Congress, negotiations on outlays would be between those who want to keep funding the government programs and those who want to eliminate them outright – thus a compromise would be a 50 percent decrease in spending!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul647.html