PDA

View Full Version : how come there are no muslims on pundit shows ?

lester1/2jr
06-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I was just thinking, I don't remeber all during the oughts seeing one regular muslim person on the harball or hannity and colmes except the loud guy from CAIR who talked about domestic muslim issues like discrimination etc

On CNBC when they interview people they have knowledge , they own companies, are traders or whatever.

Why when the subject is the middl east do we not hear from people who physcially live in the actual middle east unless they are from the israeli part of it?

WHy are we forced to hear from middle east experts. there are middle eastern PEOPLE. why would you talk to an expert of something there is a billion of?

example: this flotilla thing. how come there are no people from gaza being interviewed. They are what this whole thing is about aren't they?

how can you cover the gaza relief flotilla story and leave out the GAZA?

it's crazy when you think about it

Depressed Liberator
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Only Muslim guy I know on of any news related show is Aasif Mandvi on the Daily Show.

Vessol
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Isn't some news pundit on CNN a muslim?

jsu718
06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Bill Maher has muslims on from time to time... and Daily/Colbert frequently have muslim guests.

dannno
06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Bill Maher has muslims on from time to time... and Daily/Colbert frequently have muslim guests.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5264/molehill3hg9.jpg

lynnf
06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
if you want that kind of thing, go watch Al-Jazeera

lynn

Depressed Liberator
06-03-2010, 05:00 PM
if you want that kind of thing, go watch Al-Jazeera

lynn

What's wrong with having Muslim pundits?

lester1/2jr
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
that kind of thing?

al jezeera is based in a foreign country.

Look this has nothign to do even with politics, it's just basic journalism.

Imagine if CNBC just had high school econmics teachers instead of company heads and bankers and so forth.

how is it that people who make up such a massive part of the equation are left our of the discussion?

it's like interviewing people in masscahusetts about the gulf oil spill instead of angry residents.

lester1/2jr
06-04-2010, 09:08 AM
yeah he's pretty miilqutoast though.

fisharmor
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
They have Al Jazeera English in D.C. now, anyways Fareed Zakaria is on CNN on Sundays, and hes considered a big shot.

I watch Al Jazeera infrequently, and also Russia Today.
RT has several times more bias on it than AJ does.
Actually, as far as basic reporting goes (as opposed to journalism, which is just propaganda) I find Al Jazeera to be surprisingly balanced.

lester1/2jr
06-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't watch al jezeera but my sense of it is that it is the generic news source when you are in the middl east. it has the same problems that the BBC or the NYT does but it's not like, Al Manar, hezbollahs network or something