06-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Pretty decent article.

Southron
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I love how Southern conservatism is racist.:rolleyes:

nate895
06-03-2010, 06:29 PM

Oh, yeah, all those dang Southern conservatives do all day is sit around drinking mint juleps thinking about how to continually suppress blacks.

low preference guy
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
So many words for what he could've said in just three: I hate libertarians.

Flash
06-03-2010, 06:43 PM
For that, they need a conservatism that hasn't been in evidence lately—a version that's not Western or Southern, but instead tolerant, moderate, and mainstream

You can see why Liberals like retards such as Frum just from this statement. Oh if the GOP was more moderate and liberal they would magically win elections..

AuH20
06-03-2010, 06:44 PM
You can see why Liberals like retards such as Frum just from this statement. Oh if the GOP was more moderate and liberal they would magically win elections..

It worked great for Bush. Compassionate Conservatism for the.................Loss. ;):D

Theocrat
06-03-2010, 06:49 PM

The article did mention that Northeastern conservatives were more moderate and supportive of the federal government.

I must be a Southwestern conservative because I agree with some sentiments from both the Southern and Western regions (such as reading the Bible and the Constitution).

Matt Collins
06-03-2010, 09:01 PM
The article did mention that Northeastern conservatives were more moderate and supportive of the federal government.Northeastern Republican conservatism isn't. :rolleyes:

catdd
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
"God, guns, and gays"

snort!

Brian4Liberty
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
The author apparently doesn't like Southern Conservatives at all (uses the race card on them). He seems to accept Western (Goldwater) Conservatism, but his problem with them seems to be that they are too stupid for mind control and co-opting. Such a shame.

Stary Hickory
06-03-2010, 10:09 PM
It worked great for Bush. Compassionate Conservatism for the.................Loss. ;):D

Exactly everytime the liberal agenda is indangered there are calls for a "moderate" conservatism. Yet we see what happens when liberals have the deck stacked...there is no such thing as moderate. Anyways libertarianism is the only sane way to live and coexist in this world.

What's crazy is liberals and Rhinos, and the statist GOPers.

GunnyFreedom
06-03-2010, 10:21 PM

Thank you for warning me, it would have been a shame to have to replace this monitor. I'll not be reading that slanderous garbage then thanks. :cool:

Aratus
06-04-2010, 08:43 AM
northern liberals and southern conservatives like to greenbelt and snob-zone.
western conservatives like all wide open spaces and hate restriction on them.

ChaosControl
06-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Where the old Western conservatives had serious thinkers lurking in the background—Harry Jaffa, the Straussian political philosopher, wrote Goldwater's famous convention speech—the new wave is authentically anti-intellectual.

That might be true of the Palin wing, which in my opinion is closer to "southern conservatism" than "western conservatism", but certainly not true of the Paul wing, outside of maybe the conspiracy theorist types.