PDA

View Full Version : Tucker just threw Ron Paul down the garbage chute.

Hope
10-12-2007, 09:42 PM
For those of you who didn't see Tucker on Bill Maher, let me sum up.

Bill and Joy: Ron Paul is the only sane man up there! Good for him!
Tucker: You just like him because it's trendy to like him, you don't know anything about him, just STFU!
*moment of awkward silence*
Bill: Okay, party pooper, next topic then I guess!

That was it. Ron Paul didn't come up again after that.

He really, truly let me down. My jaw was literally hanging ajar. Tucker acted like a sullen emo kid who was upset that the rest of the class finally realized there as a Hot Topic in the mall. He didn't WANT them to talk about Ron Paul. He told them they'd HATE Ron Paul -- he emphatically used the word HATE -- if they knew more about him, and he used the "He wants to abolish the Department of Education, he's a radical!" line I thought was reserved only for the idiot journalists who don't understand his platform.

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Matt Collins
10-12-2007, 09:54 PM
YouTube?

Matt Collins
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Both Maher and Tucker claim to have libertarian philosophies BTW.

Hope
10-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I half expected Tucker to say, "You don't understand Ron Paul. Ron Paul is DARK. Like my soul."

I don't think it's been YouTube'd yet, I'll post when I find it!

Original_Intent
10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I think Tucker must have multiple personality disorder. I have seen him treat RP like a god, and then a few days later treats him this way. :( I don't trust him any more that's for sure

Perry
10-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Remember Tucker leans to the right and Maher to the left.
Tucker is a very free thinker. Who knows what he thinks exactly. Anyway he supports Paul. I'm not concerned about converting the Maher audience. We've already tapped it for the most part. Maher will continue to talk it up anyway because Paul is a hot topic.

BrianH
10-12-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't understand it. This was Tucker interviewing Ron Paul today or last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8PwoV4_Ds0
He was ecstatic to have Ron Paul on the show.

Chernitsky
10-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Screw Tucker, his ratings are higher because of Dr. Paul

bbachtung
10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
This is like what happens when your favorite indie band gets really popular and you get really pissed at the new fans; Tucker is just behaving like Nirvana's early fans circa 1991.

brumans
10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
He was hinting that he was feeling this way.

In the previous interview he was like

"Do your supporters REALLY know you, besides your anti-war stance?"

Remember?

bbachtung
10-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Tucker is just behaving like a celebrity-obsessed pre-teen.

OptionsTrader
10-13-2007, 02:16 AM
I watched it. I'm fine with what Tucker said. It's consistent with everything he has said about Paul on MSNBC if you listen to what he is really saying.

Bill Maher | October 12 2007 | Part Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcB1mWGC1cg

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 02:24 AM
I think you guys need to rewatch the clip and read the big thread in the main forum on this. Tucker's comment is more of a jab at the current state of America where the people(in particular Maher's audience) think that the government has to take care of them from cradle to grave. He's not bashing Ron Paul and likes him: "I'm a Ron Paul guy." "I agree with him." Tucker's comment may or may not raise people's curiosity and maybe they'll go check him out. We don't know if they were because none of us can read mind so to say that he threw Congressman Paul down the garbage chute is ridiculous.

OptionsTrader
10-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Agree RPF.

FrankRep
10-13-2007, 05:25 AM
For those of you who didn't see Tucker on Bill Maher, let me sum up.

Bill and Joy: Ron Paul is the only sane man up there! Good for him!
Tucker: You just like him because it's trendy to like him, you don't know anything about him, just STFU!
*moment of awkward silence*
Bill: Okay, party pooper, next topic then I guess!

That was it. Ron Paul didn't come up again after that.

He really, truly let me down. My jaw was literally hanging ajar. Tucker acted like a sullen emo kid who was upset that the rest of the class finally realized there as a Hot Topic in the mall. He didn't WANT them to talk about Ron Paul. He told them they'd HATE Ron Paul -- he emphatically used the word HATE -- if they knew more about him, and he used the "He wants to abolish the Department of Education, he's a radical!" line I thought was reserved only for the idiot journalists who don't understand his platform.

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

I agree with Tucker. Re-watch the clip. Tucker is right.

undergroundrr
10-13-2007, 05:47 AM
I understand where Tucker is coming from. Paul's war opposition stance is a relatively easy sell. The "austere" limited government stance is not.

Tucker clearly likes the whole Ron Paul platform. He's rightly dubious about the way lifelong liberals are seemingly ready to jump on the very fashionable Paul bandwagon and dump the welfare system, federal environmental activism, and the Department of Education. I think his concern is that eventually left-leaning Paulites are going to "wake up" to this.

Unfortunately, the way Tucker is expressing his point makes him sound anti-Paul to those who don't have context.

jkaufmann
10-13-2007, 10:29 AM
I was really nervous to watch this clip in light of all the comments.

My opinion when reading between the lines, for what Tucker said is:

"Ron Paul is not a liberal. You from the left cannot even fathom the truth as seen through the ideological prizm from which Paul speaks. I understand him, and I am behind his entire essense 100%. When any of you reach the moral purity similar to this man, come talk to me about him then. Untill that time, just shut up. Next topic please."

Man from La Mancha
10-13-2007, 10:35 AM
really Tuckers was good with his wit, what more do you want he voted for the guy. How many of us could say that.

winston84
10-13-2007, 01:16 PM
This thread shouldn't even be in this forum because what Tucker did was genius and it worked in favor of the campaign.

specsaregood
10-13-2007, 01:22 PM
This thread shouldn't even be in this forum because what Tucker did was genius and it worked in favor of the campaign.

Tucker smacked them upside their head and basically said, "You can't like Ron Paul because you are unable to take care of yourself, you are a baby, you are incompetent. Only people capable of taking responsibility for their own selves can support Ron Paul. That is why I (tucker) am a 'Ron Paul Man'"

Works for me.

cjhowe
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
You guys didn't watch the whole show...about 45 minutes in, Tucker is talking about a nonintervention with the Dems condemning the Ottoman empire for the Armenian genocide.

Tucker: What do we really get out of it? Isn't the lesson of Iraq that we don't commit troops unless it's in our national interest? What interest of ours is served by making Turkey mad? Why is Pelosi doing this...I like the Armenians, I'm not attacking the Armenians...it's the same as the Darfur talk. We need to get in there and invade Darfur. The same people that are against being in Iraq say we have to get in there [Darfur] to avert a humanitarian crisis there. I mean the left is in for intervention too in equally crazy ways. We should all back off and take a good listen to the libertarians and don't invade unless we have to...Look at Somalia, we were just going to feed the people and the next thing we know, they're killing our [Navy] SEALs in the middle of Mogadishu. Where do you draw the line? What is our responsibility? Do we have a responsibility to police the world? I thought we didn't. But if we do, then we have to stay in Iraq if we have that responsibility.