PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul, Warren Buffett, others: Is The World Broke?

Ekrub
06-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Ron Paul: When you spend TARP funds and the Fed creates $2 trillion and they … don’t create jobs … they sort of …waste the money … It is still good for people to save and preserve capital and that’s what I think people want to do … they are recognizing that the usual investments don’t protect them, so they are trying to save capital and overcome this notion that capitalism is moved by the Fed creating money out of thin air and getting consumers to spend money.

The market [is] saying that you should save and preserve your capital for another day ... when you can do something productive [with it].

Warren Buffett: No, the world is not broke. No. The world is going to do fine over time. I’m not worried.

Tony Blair: No. I think what is happening is that after the financial crisis and the knock-on effects, there is an unraveling of debt that has to happen. And that has to happen for consumers, for businesses, for the banking sector, of course, and for government. But some of what has happened in Europe simply exposes the need to reform, [which is] a need that was there in any event.

So as our societies change, as our economies change, as the demography of our countries changes with the population aging, there are inevitable reforms of public services and welfare and pensions [that] will have to take place.

I personally believe that the political will is there in the end to make these changes. And what we’ve got to hope is that if the will is summoned and those changes begin to take place then that stabilizes the economic situation, gives confidence to people -- not just in Europe but outside Europe -- and then our economies will move forward and then of course this is an independent world -- we depend on [U.S.] economic views we depend on the views from China, [and] from elsewhere in the emerging markets.

more views at the link

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/business-leaders/warren-buffett-world-broke/