PDA

View Full Version : The best counter aguement against racism

Working Poor
06-03-2010, 04:55 AM
I have been working o counter the people who call Ron a racist. What seems to shut them up every time is the war on drugs. I say to them if Ron is so racist why is he opposed to the most racist thing happening in our country? I have been posting this video to help with my argument:
YouTube - Ron Paul Will End the Drug War and Free Nonviolent Prisoners (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaka4fsECgs)

MichelleHeart
06-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Exactly. People are idiots. Show 'em that, and if they still don't get that he's a racist, just ignore them.

LittleLightShining
06-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Exactly. People are idiots. Show 'em that, and if they still don't get that he's NOT a racist, just ignore them. ;)

Elwar
06-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Only collectivists group people based on the color of their skin. Point out their own hypocracy and the fact that people are individuals.

Those who group people based on melanin levels are the racists. People who fight for the individual have nothing to do with "race".

BlackTerrel
06-03-2010, 10:51 AM
I have been working o counter the people who call Ron a racist. What seems to shut them up every time is the war on drugs. I say to them if Ron is so racist why is he opposed to the most racist thing happening in our country? I have been posting this video to help with my argument:

What is their argument for saying he is a racist? Is it the newsletters still?

Golding
06-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I find that people too ignorant to think past skin colors are too ignorant to comprehend that the drug war has discriminatory results. It's the flaw of superficial thinking. I often counter against racism by pointing out that the politicization of race as some sort of an "issue" is racist, because at it's core they are trying to make nationwide judgments on the basis of a person's skin. That point has had a good track record of making people stumble and try to sidestep. That tells me it's got some validity.

catdd
06-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Equality doesn't seem to be of importance anymore. If you are not kissing someone's ass you must be a racist.

AuH20
06-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Ron is really a racist. :confused: Show them this!!! Why would a racist be fighting for black infants?

YouTube - The Black Community Has The Highest Abortion Rate in the US! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqY0aKc59MQ)

YouTube - Christian conservative Ron Paul on C-SPAN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb1osemR4ys)

AuH2O
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Nitpicking here, but this isn't a argument against racism. It's an argument against accusations of racism.

ravedown
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
It seems victimization grants political leverage. If you can claim to be a victim of any social/political issue, you are rewarded extra cred points. Victim=advantage.

Up The Deise
06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
I wish we had a politician like Ron Paul over here in Ireland. All we have are corrupt cronies with back bones like marshmallow.

Bastards one and all.

jct74
06-03-2010, 12:49 PM

Thanks! That is a good video that I was unaware of. I will add it to my repertoire of articles/videos to use to debunk the "Ron Paul is a racist" smear.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I've hit a few numb skulls with that one over on the hip hop forum I post on. Then they say, maybe he not racist, he is misguided. :confused:

Working Poor
06-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the input ya'll.