PDA

View Full Version : Flowers For Judy Woodruff At Pbs!

max
10-12-2007, 08:46 PM
That was an awesome interview!

I think we should set up a Rapid Response Flower Brigade chip-in. Every media female that is fair to Ron should get flowers and a nice card. (I like the image of that revolutionary throwing a boquet instead of a Molotov cocktail.

I've got my hands full with placing ads...anyone want to set this up? A pool of money to be used for flower deliveries. It shouldn't be too hard to get the work addresses of these folks.

We can send baskets of fruit or cheeses for the men...not a day seems to go by when somebody in the media gives Ron a fair shake.

(George Will, Joy Behar, Laura Ingraham)

This would also generate media coversge eventually. What a cool story it would be.

wgadget
10-12-2007, 08:47 PM
She DID do an awesome interview...

max
10-12-2007, 08:48 PM
She DID do an awesome interview...

and shes as left-wing as they come...married to that lefty Al Hunt

rajibo
10-12-2007, 08:53 PM
It was a good interview, but I don't think it was flower worthy. She was just doing her job.

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 08:54 PM
It was a good interview, but I don't think it was flower worthy. She was just doing her job.

Agreed.

aksmith
10-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I think this flower thing is getting a little Moony. Maybe just write her a nice note thanking her. I know I will.

McDermit
10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Reward them with ratings and maybe a thank you email. Enough with the flowers. This wasnt an endorsement or an "i like this guy," it was just a broad asking questions.

Julie banderas was one of the very first fair and positive MSM interviews RP got, so the flowers were warranted. But now that he's slightly more accepted, we're just gonna come off as loons.

Plus some people here have really shitty taste and refuse to take suggestions. :rolleyes:

max
10-12-2007, 09:02 PM

You miss the point...

With today's media, "just doing your job" is the exception. All we want is for media people to do their job.

If they do, we simply recognize it. They dont have to be biased in his favor...just nuetral and we appreciate that

jj111
10-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Emails are good enough. They probably receive a lot fewer thank you emails than complaint emails. I am sure that receiving several thank you emails about her interview will give her the right message.

LibertyEagle
10-12-2007, 09:04 PM
An email is good enough for this one.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Not flower worthy. Reserve that for positive compliments, not fair interviews. Fair interviews should be the EXPECTATION. E-mails are plenty.

max
10-12-2007, 09:05 PM
well...at least a crad with a "good job"....e-mails can get spammed out too easily

libertarianguy
10-12-2007, 09:06 PM
test

McDermit
10-12-2007, 09:11 PM
if you get positive LOCAL coverage, flowers might go a long way. Depends on your market. Here, the reorters have tons of room to do their own thing. And they throw in opinions and mention stuff that goes on in the studio all the time. So flowers would likely get a mention. And food gifts would be eaten on air. I know if we ever get a story on locally, we're milking it all the way.

Pete
10-12-2007, 09:12 PM
LOL at the flowers. :)

I didn't see the interview, but read the transcript and it was great, the most in-depth yet. Here it is with audio:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec07/paul_10-12.html

ronpaulhawaii
10-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I am still undecided on the pros and cons of an extended flower bombing campaign. That anarchist/flower image is classic and could be capitalized on, but I understand the opinion that if overdone it might get...

I will note that my Ma made a point to call today and say that a friend from her church called to tell her RP was going to be on, she watched it and was very pleased. The best thing about that call for me was knowing Ma is out there recruiting :D