PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher: Post-Racial Racist?

MsDoodahs
06-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Bill Maher: Post-Racial Racist?

by Brad Schaeffer

Bill Maher a racist? Who’da thunk it? Actually, anyone who pays even remote attention to the far-left comedic mouth piece could have figured that out pretty quickly. Yes, Bill, I am calling you a racist. This accusation which he so glibly levels at anyone slightly to the right of Che Guevera may come as a shock to him. But he is too busy heaping his moral superiority upon those lynch mob troglodytes who inhabit “fly-over country” to ever bother to take a look at himself. If he did, he might come to realize that being truly colorblind or, to borrow a Hopey McChange slogan, “post racial” means more than fist-bumping Will.I.Am at a Golden Globe after after party. It means truly seeing the world through the prism of individual not racial identity politics.

Granted there are still times when a racially inflammatory comment is so blatant that it must be called out for what it is, even if spoken in jest. As such I was impressed when just this week Maher was genuinely offended when a comedian offered this joke about Obama’s handling of the Gulf oil spill:

“I want a real Black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt so they can see the gun in his pants!”

That’s a pretty vicious stereotyping of the typical Black man as gun-toting criminal don’t you think? Oh, wait…that was Maher’s joke? Oops.

Of course, being the darling of the far-left, Maher will get the obligatory free pass from the Thought Police in the mainstream media and Soros-funded blogospheres. But let’s try a little exercise. Please close your eyes and imagine the category five tempest of liberal outrage that would have erupted had a conservative comic like Dennis Miller or, even worse, a media commentator like Rush Limbaugh uttered these words. Ah, yes. In the mind’s eye one sees so clearly the unfortunate gaffer’s crucifixion in absentia at the hands of a Real Time panel stacked with race pseudo-fascists like Al Sharpton, Jay-Z and the rest. But when a far-left bobble-head like Bill Maher paints a picture of a “real Black man” as a thug with a pistol tucked in his BVDs, oh well, whatterya gonna do? Anyway, how about them racist Tea Partiers huh?

Maher’s post-racial racism, if I may coin a phrase, is nothing new. I was first struck by his hypocrisy regarding race relations last year on a Real Time episode that featured Michael Eric Dyson and our friend Andrew Breitbart (as the conservative piñata on the panel). Maher linked a shortage of ammunition facing Oklahoma’s gun shops in the wake of the 2008 election with Oklahomans fearing that “Obama and his negro army are going to come and get you.” Right on brutha Bill …werd up!

Read the rest here:

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bschaeffer/2010/06/01/bill-maher-post-racial-racist/

Chieppa1
06-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I think this is giving him too much credit. He's just a Hollywood idiot. Talking OVER people to continue his career.

silus
06-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Bill Maher is a top flight intellect.

BlackTerrel
06-02-2010, 07:30 PM
“I want a real Black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt so they can see the gun in his pants!”

That’s a pretty vicious stereotyping of the typical Black man as gun-toting criminal don’t you think? Oh, wait…that was Maher’s joke? Oops.

That doesn't make him racist. It makes him unoriginal as he's basically stolen the same joke every black comedian has been making since 1982 "if the President was black then..."