PDA

View Full Version : Money Bomb for Sharron Angle

dude58677
06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
She has a voting record in the Nevada Assembly that is very similar to Ron Paul. Is slightly trailing in the GOP Nevada US senate race. The vote is on June 8 and if she wins, she'll face off against Harry Reid in November.

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Um.....

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 04:29 PM
this clearly doesn't belong in the Rand Paul forum

Aratus
06-02-2010, 04:30 PM
nevada has a state forum even though the rand paul 2010 forum
has a more intense traffic rate, here? (its becoming quiet, again)

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 04:47 PM
She has a voting record in the Nevada Assembly that is very similar to Ron Paul. Is slightly trailing in the GOP Nevada US senate race. The vote is on June 8 and if she wins, she'll face off against Harry Reid in November.

I like Sharon, but if this forum can't back guys like Mike Lee in Utah who want to end the Afghanistan war, abolish the Fed, restore the Gold Standard and maintain a strict adherence to the constitution, I doubt they'll be willing to give Sharon of Nevada a subforum....

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I like Sharon, but if this forum can't back guys like Mike Lee in Utah who want to end the Afghanistan war, abolish the Fed, restore the Gold Standard and maintain a strict adherence to the constitution, I doubt they'll be willing to give Sharon of Nevada a subforum....

thankfully Mike Lee seems to be winning anyway.

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 04:52 PM
thankfully Mike Lee seems to be winning anyway.

You think so? I think he's behind. Only the Senate Conservatives are backing him, while Bob Bennett's folks in Utah are all behind Tim Bridgewater, and establishment hack who mouths support for the constitution.

We need Mike in 2010, and Jason Chaffetz in 2012 to replace Hatch.

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
redstate and Mark Levin are also behind Mike Lee.

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
YouTube - The Federal Reserve and the Gold Standard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWOjxZvJvKA)

YouTube - General Welfare Clause (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBjWxpOeX-g&feature=related)

It's time for us to grow up and back guys who are non-interventionist, proto-Austrians, even if they are polished in their pitch. Mike Lee would be a great asset for us in the Senate, along side a guy like Rand Paul, with generally solid folks like Sharon Angle, Jim DeMint, Pat Toomey, and Ken Buck, we'll have a start...

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 05:00 PM

Yes, that is true, but his opponent has been self-funding ---250k in the last few weeks, and Lee needs to be able to get his message out to the people of Utah.

AuH2O
06-02-2010, 05:33 PM

FreedomWorks too. I think Club is sorta sitting this one out after going strictly after Bennett.

Fozz
06-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I like Sharon, but if this forum can't back guys like Mike Lee in Utah who want to end the Afghanistan war, abolish the Fed, restore the Gold Standard

Can you show me proof that Mike Lee wants to do all those things?

AuH2O
06-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Lee on Afghanistan:

My policy on Afghanistan is simple: our troops are there to take out military targets—i.e., things that present a clear and present threat to our national security—and should be brought home as soon as possible after all such targets have been destroyed or neutralized and the Afghan National Army has been trained sufficiently to protect their own land from further Taliban incursion.

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Can you show me proof that Mike Lee wants to do all those things?

Yes, see the two videos I posted earlier in this thread in Post #9, and then google "Mike Lee, Afghanistan".

Lee is being attacked by Tim Bridgwater in the primary race for being "soft" on national defense...

KCIndy
06-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Lee on Afghanistan:

My policy on Afghanistan is simple: our troops are there to take out military targets—i.e., things that present a clear and present threat to our national security—and should be brought home as soon as possible after all such targets have been destroyed or neutralized and the Afghan National Army has been trained sufficiently to protect their own land from further Taliban incursion.

LOL no offense, but that sounds an awful lot like what Obama's been saying!

Fozz
06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes, see the two videos I posted earlier in this thread in Post #9, and then google "Mike Lee, Afghanistan".

Lee is being attacked by Tim Bridgwater in the primary race for being "soft" on national defense...

I just watched the Federal Reserve video you posted.......he seems like a great candidate.

I'm all for a Mike Lee moneybomb. Unlike Sharron Angle, if Lee wins the primary, he pretty much wins, period.

Aratus
06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
she might win!

libertybrewcity
06-02-2010, 11:46 PM
i don't think she is a liberty candidate, right?

Israel, a democratic nation, is the United States’ strongest ally in the Middle East. Israel’s sovereignty, stability and security are in the best interests of the United States, especially when dealing with radical Islamic terrorism.

Without equivocation, the U.S. military must be equipped with the best possible weapons and intelligence. Sharron Angle will never forsake the U.S. military, whether their mission is foreign or domestic. Sharron Angle will work tirelessly to secure the safety, health and welfare of the nation’s military.

Sharron Angle supports strong sanctions against rogue nations that export, support or harbor terrorism. Sanctions on these countries may include, but not be limited to, the withdrawal of visas and the institution of trade restrictions on imports and exports.

what i hear is big government, big spending tea-o-con

libertybrewcity
06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
foreign policy should be about the united states, not israel or any other country.

libertybrewcity
06-02-2010, 11:57 PM
TAXATION

As your U.S. Senator, Sharron Angle will introduce legislation in line with her economic policy of:

Pay back the deficit
Cut back on spending, taxation and regulation
Take back the economy by defunding ObamaCare
Auditing the “Fed” (Federal Reserve)
Abolishing the 67,000-pages of IRS code
Making the capital gains and death tax cuts permanent

she does have a fed audit though, i probably still wouldn't vote for her.

dude58677
06-03-2010, 09:10 AM
she does have a fed audit though, i probably still wouldn't vote for her.

Maybe you're right.

John Taylor
06-03-2010, 09:50 AM
i don't think she is a liberty candidate, right?

what i hear is big government, big spending tea-o-con

I don't get this at all from her comments. She says NOTHING of preemptive war, the defining characteristic of the neo-con foreign policy of interventionism.

libertybrewcity
06-03-2010, 12:46 PM
john taylor, how do you not? take this for instance:

Israel, a democratic nation, is the United States’ strongest ally in the Middle East. Israel’s sovereignty, stability and security are in the best interests of the United States, especially when dealing with radical Islamic terrorism.

this means we need to continue funding Israel and supply them with tens of billions of dollars in weapons each year. What does Israel do with the funds? They build walls around the palestinians and basically enslave. not very non-interventionist or constitutional.

Second, check this out.

Without equivocation, the U.S. military must be equipped with the best possible weapons and intelligence. Sharron Angle will never forsake the U.S. military, whether their mission is foreign or domestic. Sharron Angle will work tirelessly to secure the safety, health and welfare of the nation’s military.

All I hear from this is Military Industrial Complex. Fund, fund, fund. "she will never forsake the military whether their mission is foreign or domestic" Continue the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Sharron Angle supports strong sanctions against rogue nations that export, support or harbor terrorism. Sanctions on these countries may include, but not be limited to, the withdrawal of visas and the institution of trade restrictions on imports and exports.

As for sanctions, check out this article by Ron Paul:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul317.html

AuH2O
06-08-2010, 01:52 PM
LOL no offense, but that sounds an awful lot like what Obama's been saying!

I simply posted his position on Afghanistan. I never said it was a good one.

Nathan Hale
06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Tarkanian supports withdrawal of American forces from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Aratus
06-09-2010, 09:36 AM
did the TEA PARTY EXPRESS give her the edge??? this includes ms. sarah palin a while
back almost literally being on harry reid's front doorstep when addressing the big rally!

NH4RonPaul
06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Folks do you really want Harry Reid in there again?

This forum needs to have a forum and money bombs for

Sharon Angle (Nevada)
Jim Bender (NH)

I have been trying to figure out how to get a paid ad up on top for Jim but none of the admins will answer to me.