PDA

View Full Version : I tied my election for Republican Committeeperson (serious & funny) UPDATE: I WON!

brandon
06-02-2010, 04:20 PM
When I went to vote in the PA primary a couple weeks ago there were no candidates on the ballot for Republican Committeeperson in my district. Just for the hell of it I wrote myself in and completely forgot about it.

Today I received a letter in the mail saying I tied for the win and there will be a drawing held on Friday to select the winner.

I hope I win. :cool: lmao

Cowlesy
06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
That's awesome. Moneybomb time!!! :p

Kludge
06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd like to be the first to congratulate Mr. Yates on his well-run campaign.

Running on a shoe-string budget of $1.80 for gas, Brandon has again re-written the rules for Contemporary American Politicking.

(Hope it pays!)

Pennsylvania
06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
tied with how many people?

brandon
06-02-2010, 04:28 PM
tied with how many people?

Doesn't say. I doubt many people took the time to write their name in though. It's a pretty long process.

brandon
06-02-2010, 04:28 PM

Running on a shoe-string budget of $1.80 for gas, Brandon has again re-written the rules for Contemporary American Politicking.

(Hope it pays!)

Thanks Kludge. Yates 2012!!

brandon
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Also interesting to note was that there were only about 22 people on the ballot for republican state committee, and 20 of them win. Just by collecting enough sigs to get your name on the ballot you would have about an 85% chance of being elected to the Republican State Committee. I think I will do this in 2012

No1ButPaul08
06-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I'll be the first to request a Brandon Yates subforum

Also interesting to note was that there were only about 22 people on the ballot for republican state committee, and 20 of them win. Just by collecting enough sigs to get your name on the ballot you would have about an 85% chance of being elected to the Republican State Committee. I think I will do this in 2012.

When I ran to be a delegate for the IN republican state convention in 2008 I was one of 7 who ran for 12 spots. Unfortunately the GOP County Chairman challenged my status as a Republican and won (it was complete BS I was a Republican according to the law). He got to hand pick the delegates.

I really dropped the ball not running this year (I didn't know it was every two years). It wouldn't have been a big deal except my Congressman just resigned so there is a caucus amongst district delegates who get to choose the nominee to replace him. The GOP nominee is a lock to win so I could have been one of 529 people who got to choose our next Congressman. Not too happy about that.

speciallyblend
06-02-2010, 05:10 PM
awesomeness

nate895
06-02-2010, 05:11 PM
There are six people in my county who file write-in candidacies for every position on the ballot on the off-chance that no one files for the seat.

KCIndy
06-02-2010, 06:09 PM
When I went to vote in the PA primary a couple weeks ago there were no candidates on the ballot for Republican Committeeperson in my district. Just for the hell of it I wrote myself in and completely forgot about it.

Today I received a letter in the mail saying I tied for the win and there will be a drawing held on Friday to select the winner.

I hope I win. :cool: lmao

LMFAO!!!

Oh, damn, that's FUNNY!!! I never thought of doing a write in just in case no one else does! I may have to review the election laws where I live and try that myself!

Good luck, Brandon, and I hope you win!! :D

Cowlesy
06-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Next time one of these items happen, just send a message out to your meetup, and maybe get the 2-5 extra votes needed for a resounding victory.

brandon
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Say hello to the newest Republican Committeeperson on RPF. :)

Yes, I won my election. I just received an official "diploma" looking thing in the mail that reads:

" We, the county Board of Elections, HAVING COMPUTED AND CANVASSED THE RETURNS OF THE ELECTIONS HELD THE 18TH DAY OF MAY TWO THOUSAND TEN,

DO CERTIFY: THAT IN SAID COUNTY, Brandon Yates WAS DULY ELECTED TO THE OFFICE OF Republican Committeeperson in [district name removed]."

brandon
06-12-2010, 10:00 AM
lol @ computing and canvassing 1 vote

brandon
06-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Can I get one of our newly elected mods to modify the thread title to say I won?

Pennsylvania
06-12-2010, 10:02 AM
congrats man

MRoCkEd
06-12-2010, 10:31 AM

Yes, I won my election. I just received an official "diploma" looking thing in the mail that reads:

" We, the county Board of Elections, HAVING COMPUTED AND CANVASSED THE RETURNS OF THE ELECTIONS HELD THE 18TH DAY OF MAY TWO THOUSAND TEN,

DO CERTIFY: THAT IN SAID COUNTY, Brandon Yates WAS DULY ELECTED TO THE OFFICE OF Republican Committeeperson in [district name removed]."
haha! That's awesome!

Can I get one of our newly elected mods to modify the thread title to say I won?
Done

Paulitical Correctness
06-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Congratulations! :D

low preference guy
06-12-2010, 10:41 AM
woohoo!

rancher89
06-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Well played Sir and congrats!

In NC the state committee persons are appointed by the thirteen District Chairs of the gop, every fall.

We elect our National committee woman and man every two years at the state convention.

sailingaway
06-12-2010, 10:54 AM

Woo Hoo!!

Congratulations!!

Aratus
06-12-2010, 11:04 AM
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! makes MY day!

Natalie
06-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Wow! That is so awesome!

No1ButPaul08
06-12-2010, 11:26 AM
establishment hack

Kludge
06-12-2010, 11:26 AM

(Hope it pays!)

This - again.

angelatc
06-12-2010, 11:33 AM
That's awesome. But I hope you actually take the responsibility seriously and don't waste the opportunity.

RM918
06-12-2010, 11:37 AM
He elected himself! He's a tyrant!

low preference guy
06-12-2010, 11:44 AM
So you won with one single vote? If so, that's efficiency!

TheDriver
06-12-2010, 11:44 AM
when i went to vote in the pa primary a couple weeks ago there were no candidates on the ballot for republican committeeperson in my district. Just for the hell of it i wrote myself in and completely forgot about it.

Today i received a letter in the mail saying i tied for the win and there will be a drawing held on friday to select the winner.

I hope i win. :cool: Lmao

lol!

georgiaboy
06-12-2010, 11:49 AM
congrats!

Roxi
06-12-2010, 12:56 PM
now that you have won, are you planning on playing an active role in your position?

brandon
06-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks everyone

now that you have won, are you planning on playing an active role in your position?

Good question. This is something I have thought about a lot. The main role of a Republican committeeperson is really to be a contact for the GOP in my voting district and assist with voter outreach and GOTV efforts. I certainly don't plan on helping any generic GOP candidate get support in my voting district.

So basically I plan on doing two things. One, delivering my precinct's votes to Ron Paul in 2012. And two, using my very small amount of power to help educate myself about local politics and ultimately get elected to a position within my municipal government. The end result will hopefully be taking over my township and abolishing the government (or at least the 1% income tax ;)). :D

EN81
06-12-2010, 01:35 PM
So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause. ;)

Matt Collins
06-13-2010, 08:58 AM
You probably have a vote at your committee. You should show up to ALL of the meetings and be active in your vote. You'll need to learn the basics of Roberts Rules of Order, and you need to request a copy of both your state GOP and local GOP bylaws.

This is an excellent way to network and learn the system from the inside out. That way when a liberty candidate runs for office later on you will know which hoops to jump through etc.

Cowlesy
06-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone

Good question. This is something I have thought about a lot. The main role of a Republican committeeperson is really to be a contact for the GOP in my voting district and assist with voter outreach and GOTV efforts. I certainly don't plan on helping any generic GOP candidate get support in my voting district.

So basically I plan on doing two things. One, delivering my precinct's votes to Ron Paul in 2012. And two, using my very small amount of power to help educate myself about local politics and ultimately get elected to a position within my municipal government. The end result will hopefully be taking over my township and abolishing the government (or at least the 1% income tax ;)). :D

hahahaha, love it.

Kylie
06-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Congrats Brandon!

I have thought about this myself, but we have career politicians in all the districts around here, so I probably wouldn't stand a chance.

Good for you, though, and I hope you can learn how to change this machine from the inside out!!

:D