PDA

View Full Version : Proposal: Gaza Flotilla Subforum

libertythor
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
I think that it might be a good idea to create a subforum under General Politics for this issue.

Pennsylvania
06-02-2010, 03:09 PM
preferably on another website

libertythor
06-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I just think it is odd that for being non-interventionists, many actually want to do an aboutface on policy and punish Israel.

How about just staying out of it?

angelatc
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I just think it is odd that for being non-interventionists, many actually want to do an aboutface on policy and punish Israel.

I don't think anybody's position on Israel has changed. We've always wanted to kick them off the teat.

Aratus
06-02-2010, 03:27 PM
surely a subforum underneath hahht topix?
otherwise admin would be wondering where
it all should go, as each thread heats up...

Liberty Star
06-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Is that really necessary?

If it really must be, why not have it named "Fall of Israel Lobby in America Post 9/11"

MelissaWV
06-02-2010, 04:55 PM

I want to stay out of it as a nation, but that doesn't prevent me from seeing the utter bullshit Israel is putting out, and I think calling our pulling aid and entanglements out of the region "punishment" is off-base. I also believe we won't really stay out of it, especially if things manage to escalate.

LibForestPaul
06-02-2010, 04:58 PM
How about Middle East forum?
or

I hate Jews.I hate Muzziez.I hate Pals.I hate haters of Pals.When are we going to glass (insert country).Is Armageddon here yet..when will Israel be unified.

. thread

DAFTEK
06-02-2010, 05:02 PM
If you put up a sub forum on RPF you will get flooded with Zionists dispatched that wore sent out for damage control to brainwash the mass. lol..

On a serious note i think it's a bad idea because we would be painted as anti-semitic forum for having an anti Israel section. but what do i know...

BlackTerrel
06-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I think that it might be a good idea to create a subforum under General Politics for this issue.

They should also add an "Israel did it"/"remember the USS Liberty" auto reply. It would reduce carpel tunnel dramatically.

On the plus side I've counted at least three members volunteering to go on the next flotilla. So activity may die down a bit once they go. Unless they decide to do a live thread.

Vessol
06-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Give it a week or two and we'll all have another issue to type furiously about. I remember just a month ago the front page of General Politics was full of Arizona immigration topics.

MelissaWV
06-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Give it a week or two and we'll all have another issue to type furiously about. I remember just a month ago the front page of General Politics was full of Arizona immigration topics.

It's thread conceit. Even this thread is just another thread on the same topic. It's not like all of the similar threads could be put under one thread and discussed in one place... that would make too much sense, and it wouldn't get someone a thread of their very own ;)

peacepotpaul
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
good idea, we should even start a Gaza aid moneybomb campaign, seems as if Gaza is the new liberty candidate here!

Depressed Liberator
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Too bad our current policy isn't non-interventionist. Maybe we should do something.

squarepusher
06-03-2010, 04:24 PM
It's thread conceit. Even this thread is just another thread on the same topic. It's not like all of the similar threads could be put under one thread and discussed in one place... that would make too much sense, and it wouldn't get someone a thread of their very own ;)

well sometimes tracking 5-10 different issues in 1 thread can be confusing so naturally multiple threads occur. (ie: legality, cover up, media response, etc...)

John Taylor
06-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Too bad our current policy isn't non-interventionist. Maybe we should do something.

Kill them all to prevent any more future interventions!!!!

sevin
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Or maybe these threads should be in the Foreign Policy and Affairs forum.

squarepusher
06-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Given the magnitude of this situation, General Politics I believe is acceptable for the time being

sevin
06-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Given the magnitude of this situation, General Politics I believe is acceptable for the time being

Possibly, but maybe if more threads were placed in the Foreign Policy/Affairs forum, more people would visit it (the same way the economics forum gets so much traffic). As it is, the General Politics forum gets pretty cluttered and good threads get buried.