View Full Version : Glen Bradley t-shirt design

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
OK this is my very rough design, silkscreened ink onto dark indigo shirts:

FRONT OF SHIRT:

http://i50.tinypic.com/205s32f.gif

BACK OF SHIRT:

http://i47.tinypic.com/vg3pyo.gif

This is very very rough in the design stage so I'm more open to input than I normally am, and I think even normally I take input pretty well. ;)

I just tossed a sketch of an idea I had together and this is what I'm thinking about for a campaign t-shirt. Thoughts?

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Too provocative? ;)

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Front 2:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vd63rr.gif

libertybrewcity
06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Front 2:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vd63rr.gif

isn't that a lot of words for a shirt?

phill4paul
06-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I'll take one. Where can I buy it? Damnit they aren't printed yet?:D

On the back I'd much rather see your "First in Freedom" signage with telling dates. That in and of itself is a conversation starter.

I'm in for one. Or five.:)

KCIndy
06-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Both are good, but I like the "We the People" design best.

Yes, it's a little wordy for a T-shirt, but on the other hand I think it would draw more attention and possibly be a conversation starter. The plain old, "Vote for X for office" shirt is usually viewed and then dismissed without a second glance because it looks like one more campaign sign in the election season.

Glen, have you gotten any quotes on printing costs yet?

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Well, that's actually front and back on the same shirt. The wordy stuff on the front, and the bold Bradley 2010 on the back across the shoulders. I think I want to go with smallcaps on "Bradley" for the back of the shirt though... and I like how I used the disclaimer to evoke a NC State flag, I thought it was clever :rolleyes: but needs some more whitespace between the gold NC and the disclaimer.

I have quotes, I'll dig them up and bump again when I collect it.

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
it's $4.00 per shirt single-sided or (and I'm guessing on the double) $6.00 per shirt double sided. Need to still get the double-sided quote though. This is quantity of 100 or more. Was thinking buy for $6.00 and sell for $10.00.

muzzled dogg
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
swap the back and the front

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 07:23 PM

That's not a bad idea, would like to hear the reasoning behind it though

Umbro2914
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
That's not a bad idea, would like to hear the reasoning behind it though

you usually walk behind someone longer then you walk towards someone.... so you have more time to read a longer text.

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
you usually walk behind someone longer then you walk towards someone.... so you have more time to read a longer text.

Interesting... I wasn't naysaying the switch, I just like to hear reasons. ;)

But yeah, waiting in line, grocery stores ATM etc. vs passing by on the sidewalk very good point

james1906
06-02-2010, 09:51 PM
It looks purple. What is the significance of that color?

Also, government does not need to be capitalized, as it is not a proper name in more ways than one.

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2010, 10:06 PM
It looks purple. What is the significance of that color?

that's just how CM translates into RGB here. the blue is "transparent" and the inks are printed on a dark indigo (flag color) t-shirt

Also, government does not need to be capitalized, as it is not a proper name in more ways than one.

indeed. I was more worried about the whole plural governments thing in conjunction with "demand" if it might sound over-radical it the electorate. I mean, it's 100% me lol, I'm just wanting to not lose more votes than I pick up right now.

If, on the other hand, we can carry this theme into fruition and just obliterate turnout, that puts me in -- with a public mandate -- in a GOP-strong year.

libertybrewcity
06-03-2010, 02:06 AM
awesome work man, if you want any photoshop help let me know! you have a great design, lovin the colors.

angelatc
06-03-2010, 05:20 AM

Yes.

GunnyFreedom
06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
OK swapping front and back is done. Any take on the wording? punctuation? squeamish electorates?

GunnyFreedom
06-03-2010, 09:45 PM
awesome work man, if you want any photoshop help let me know! you have a great design, lovin the colors.

Man, let me tell you, I am doing it all myself right now, and help is something I could certainly use. I am about to break down and sell some furniture to get a copy of CS5 Complete, because with it I could produce twice the workload with half the work. (I have CS1-Design right now)

So Photoshop, you work mostly in rasters and masks? Do you do much vector (Illustrator) or layout (InDesign)?

I have a lot of use for rasters and masks too, don't get me wrong, but rasters, vectors, and layouts coexist. Let's see, I recently spent good pixel time removing a floppy sticker name-tag from off of my suit for print media. Did an image blend for my web header and the graphic below. I'm constantly tuning digital photographs.

These t-shirt graphics are vector based text which has been laid out with a raster based "We the People" white on transparent (&or alpha channel)

Most of what I do is a merging of vectors and rasters, which is why I like PDF. I tend to create the rasters just to have something to merge with my vectors, so if you can help elevate my selection of rasters then that would be most welcome. :cool:

GunnyFreedom
06-26-2010, 10:12 AM
T-Shirts have arrived!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2uzz0iu.jpg

we are selling for $10 each! Medium, Large X-Large

eOs
06-26-2010, 11:21 AM
those are badass

erowe1
06-26-2010, 11:22 AM
They look great!

Southron
06-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I look forward to purchasing one.

WaltM
06-26-2010, 01:05 PM
i think youre putting too many words

make it simple & readable

just like the signature banner

URLs are useless, so are slogans more than one sentence.

a t-shirt is meant to be read quickly, if people care remember the name, they'll find it again (no need to put a URL or a sentence they'll unlikely memorize)

jacque
06-27-2010, 06:25 PM
The front is simple. I think they are great. Great colors too for the 4th parades.

Southron
06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
i think youre putting too many words

make it simple & readable

just like the signature banner

URLs are useless, so are slogans more than one sentence.

a t-shirt is meant to be read quickly, if people care remember the name, they'll find it again (no need to put a URL or a sentence they'll unlikely memorize)

URL's are useful if you are going to be wearing a shirt and you don't live in his district. People may check out his site and donate.

libertybrewcity
06-27-2010, 08:14 PM
nice!