PDA

View Full Version : Schiff gets good company in the IC world: IC endorses Jeffrey Cheney, CT-3!

fightapathy
06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Here's great news from CT's third district. Jeffrey Cheney joins Peter Schiff and Rick Torres as candidates endorsed by the Independence Caucus. With that, I have an appeal for Schiff supporters in Third District. Please do for Cheney what I did for Schiff on the weekend: carry more than one candidate's petition. I got 20 signatures for Schiff, Cheney, and Acevedo. You can too!

JEFFREY CHENEY WINS INDEPENDENCE CAUCUS ENDORSEMENT;
STUNNING GRASSROOTS REJECTION OF G.O.P. NOMINEE

In a shocking turn of events, Third District Congressional Candidate Jeffrey Cheney has won the Independence Caucus vote with an overwhelming majority of 76 percent of the votes cast. With that triumph, Cheney secures a much-coveted endorsement from the grassroots association.

What is most stunning about this victory is that the voting occurred AFTER the Republican state convention in which Cheney's competitor Jerry Labriola Jr. handily won the party nomination. Therefore, the Independence Caucus vote amounts to nothing short of a categorical rejection of the GOP insiders' pick for Congress.

The significance of this vote cannot be understated. All Republican Candidates in the highly contested races of Connecticut's Third, Fourth, and Fifth districts have participated in the Independence Caucus vetting and interviewing process.

Jeffrey Cheney remarked, "All of them, including the 'insiders,' treated the Independence Caucus as a powerful tool for engaging popular support for their campaigns. Every one of the candidates took the vetting and interviewing process with the utmost seriousness.

This means, none of them are in a position to treat the results lightly. For the party nominees, the outcome of the vote is a serious matter, one that cannot be dismissed as a fluke or joke.

On the contrary, the results of Third District's vote raises very severe questions about the viability of the GOP convention nominee.

"For Jerry Labriola's campaign to dismiss the Independence Caucus would make them appear both foolish and dishonest," Cheney remarked, "Jerry Labriola was among the first participants, and opened his interview video with lavish praise for the process and deep respect for its ideals."

The Independence Caucus allows concerned and active citizens the opportunity to play a role in our political process denied to them by the current political process.

"Connecticut is one of the few states that still does not run primaries to let the people choose candidates," Cheney observed. "Basically, we're still trapped in the nineteenth century, where the smoke-filled room dictates who should represent the workers and citizens of our district."

In the Third District, three Republican candidates participated in the grassroots Independence Caucus vetting and interview process: Jeffrey Cheney, Jerry Labriola Jr., and Boaz ItsHaky. Voting was briefly suspended following an incident with the Independence Caucus interview videos.

Independence Caucus extends its endorsement only to candidates that have secured a minimum of 60 percent of the total vote. In the fourth district, Rick Torres won 69 percent and secured the Independence Caucus endorsement, whereas in the fifth district, peoples' candidates Bill Evans and Mark Greenberg all but tied in a run-off vote, leaving the convention winner and long-time politician Sam Caligiuri in the dust.

The Independence Caucus results absolutely mirror the anti-incumbent, anti-insider sentiment being observed from coast to coast as other states' primaries bring down long-time politicians and hand-picked insiders. The Connecticut GOP should be feeling extremely nervous about their pre-convention power plays, as it completely contradicts the national trend against such behavior.

"Keep in mind, though: its not an anger movement by any means," Cheney asserted. "Its more of an empowerment thing. Average, concerned citizens are discovering they have the will, the means, and the ability to fix the broken system by putting like-minded citizen candidates into a winnable situation. I think it's very healthy for our Republic."

As this release is going to press, Jeffrey Cheney's supporters are mobilized and collecting signatures to place their victorious Independence Caucus candidate on the ballot for a primary vote. They have until June 8th to collect more than 2,000 signatures from average party members.

"The regular folks have no problem signing. They understand it's all about giving them a choice. RTC leaders are less enthusiastic about signing, fearful perhaps that GOP state central might learn they sided with the people, giving them a voice and a vote," Cheney said.

"But I'm always assuring them they will have a chance to vote as well! If they truly prefer the insider's pick instead of me, then they may vote for whomever they please!"

Jeffrey Cheney's triumph in the Independence Caucus vote certainly gives his supporters and his campaign a generous burst of energy in this last frantic week of signature collecting. His race will not be alone on the August ballot, though.

"The governorship will be decided by the people, and likely Peter Schiff will secure the necessary signatures to challenge Linda McMahon for the Senate," Cheney said. "My supporters and I have every intention to add my name to the growing list of choices Republicans will be making in the August primary vote. And I need help from every liberty-loving citizen of Third District to make it happen!"

http://www.jeffreycheney2010.com

Read more: http://www.gopusa.com/forum/2010/06/cheney-triumphs-in-ic-vote-gop-insider-labriola-dealt-crushing-blow.php#ixzz0pixWTkZD