PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul is close to $150k raised since Primary win....

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Not bad.

Matt Collins
06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Not good enough. He only has about $270k on hand according to your post and the FEC report.

The campaign is going to need $10 million to win this thing.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Not good enough. He only has about $270k on hand according to your post and the FEC report.

Then don't you think it's time to start promoting the money bomb on Rand's Facebook page? ;)

0zzy
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM

he is still raising more than Conway. as long as he does that, he should be, good? :) hopefully.

Matt Collins
06-02-2010, 01:29 PM
he is still raising more than Conway. as long as he does that, he should be, good? :) hopefully.
No, because there will be many external organizations working to get Conway in there. Think MoveOn, CodePink, etc...

0zzy
06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
No, because there will be many external organizations working to get Conway in there. Think MoveOn, CodePink, etc...

CodePink? I didn't think they did that. and I would hope they are smart enough not to do it to Paul.

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 01:41 PM
lol at Matt trying to motivate people to donate by scaring them with MoveOn. hahahaha!

getting money is important, but such desperate fund-raising tactics are more likely to provoke laughter than a donation.

also, why the heck is move on still talking about the civil rights act of 1964? can those assholes just move on?

anaconda
06-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I think we may need to get Rand some seriously huge money or we risk coming up short on this. The entire establishment will kick in to keep him out. From both the left and right. I think we are underestimating the hurdles ahead. This is the chance of a lifetime and a possible make or break scenario.

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Alright. Time for the playboys on this board to get moving.
YouTube - Morrissey - The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (hq) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZDGRKFH66s)

obijuan
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I think we may need to get Rand some seriously huge money or we risk coming up short on this. The entire establishment will kick in to keep him out. From both the left and right. I think we are underestimating the hurdles ahead. This is the chance of a lifetime and a possible make or break scenario.

If Mitch allows anybody from the right to work with Conway...Mitch won't be re-elected in 2014. The worst that will happen is unenthusiastic support from the right.

At least that's my opinion.

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Mitch will bring money to Rand. Don't worry about Mitch.

The floating head will pull his weight to get Rand elected:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll80/HillbillReport/PhotoBucket.jpg

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 01:52 PM
the right will not actively work against Rand. at most they will remain passive while the left actively supports Jackass, but it's too soon to judge that.

like bamaFan, i also expect mitch to do what he can to ensure Rand's victory.

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 01:54 PM
the right will not actively work against Rand. at most they will remain passive while the left actively supports Jackass, but it's too soon to judge that.

Those who've shown support vocally:
Hannity
Rush
Levin
Ingrahm
Coulter

I'd say we will get more than passive help.

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
i believe so too, that's why i said "at most", just to not refute the other poster too strongly, but i agree with your assessment. republicans are not in a position to not use the energy from the tea party.

AJ Antimony
06-02-2010, 02:01 PM
How much cash on hand does Conway have? You'd have to think 0 since his election was even more thin than razor thin.

But $10 million? I mean that's all fine and dandy but you can't seriously believe the Ron Paul community can raise that much. You'd be asking a small fragment of Ron Paul's presidential donors to produce 33% of all the money Ron had.

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 02:02 PM
It may well be that McConnell and his ilk will help out, but let's be realistic here, most GOP donors aren't going to just start forking over money to Rand. We need to raise at least 5 million more on our own. Period.

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 02:03 PM
How much cash on hand does Conway have? You'd have to think 0 since his election was even more thin than razor thin.

But $10 million? I mean that's all fine and dandy but you can't seriously believe the Ron Paul community can raise that much. You'd be asking a small fragment of Ron Paul's presidential donors to produce 33% of all the money Ron had.

i wouldn't focus so much on that number. the community is going to raise as much as it can, and that's all that can be done about it. it might be enough, or it might not, although i believe it will suffice.

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 02:04 PM

Small fraction? Well perhaps we should expand the number of people donating??? Ron sends out fundraising pleas to everyone who donated to him in 2007-2008. In any event, 10 million will be cheap for the seat.

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
It may well be that McConnell and his ilk will help out, but let's be realistic here, most GOP donors aren't going to just start forking over money to Rand. We need to raise at least 5 million more on our own. Period.

McConnell was not ever thought to be in Jeopardy in 2008:
Cycle Fundraising, 2003 - 2008, Campaign Cmte
Raised: $20,991,678
Spent: $21,334,523
Cash on Hand: $87,972
Debts: $510,783
Last Report: Wednesday, December 31, 2008

John Taylor
06-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Exactly. I agree, I think Rand will need at least a total of 15 million, including another 10-12 for the general election. I was simply saying that his private individual supporters need to get him at least 5 million dollars, and he needs to be getting to some fundraising dinners along with Marco Rubio and other GOP challengers... raise a lot of money from old time donors as well.

specsaregood
06-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Or course if Conways really wants it, he can spend a few million of his own money....how much is he willing to spend is a good question.

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Or course if Conways really wants it, he can spend a few million of his own money....how much is he willing to spend is a good question.

YouTube - GODFATHER Classic HORSEHEAD Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtyvlzVm7Y)

Galileo Galilei
06-02-2010, 02:45 PM
According to two inside sources of mine, at least $11 million dollars is being committed to Conway from typical NWO sources:

* Israeli lobby

* global financial institutions like Goldman Sachs, CitiCorp, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, etc., plus insurance companies.

* stockholders of the Fed

* George Soros

* military-industrial complex

the same group is also pushing for Tim Pawlenty to be the GOP presidential nominee in 2012.

The total amount committed will depend on future polling data. Rand is going to need all hands on deck to hold off this onslaught.

0zzy
06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
According to two inside sources of mine, at least $11 million dollars is being committed to Conway from typical NWO sources:

* Israeli lobby

* global financial institutions like Goldman Sachs, CitiCorp, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, etc., plus insurance companies.

* George Soros

the same group is also pushing for Tim Pawlenty to be the GOP presidential nominee in 2012.

The total amount committed will depend on future polling data. Rand is going to need all hands on deck to hold off this onslaught.

insider sources? :X

BamaFanNKy
06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I have an inside source that tells me that Conway has numbers showing he's behind double digits. I don't know ho reliable my mole is:
http://juvenation.org/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.86.58/mole.jpg

sailingaway
06-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I have an inside source that tells me that Conway has numbers showing he's behind double digits. I don't know ho reliable my mole is:
http://juvenation.org/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.86.58/mole.jpg

That looks like a pretty reliable mole to me. Who could argue with THAT mole?

Andy_MIT
06-02-2010, 04:19 PM

* Israeli lobby

* George Soros

OK

dr. hfn
06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
psst...donate to Dr. Lawson :)

Agorism
06-02-2010, 06:14 PM

Wow. That's more than half of what Ron Paul raised in the presidential campaign. That's an enormous amount of money for a senate election.

How much does Conway have on hand after facing Mongiardo. I imagine that they both fought right up until the end.