PDA

View Full Version : Cynthia McKinney Condemns Israeli Massacre

stu2002
06-02-2010, 04:46 AM
I am outraged at Israel's latest criminal act. I mourn with my fellow Free Gaza travelers, the lives that have been lost by Israel's needless, senseless act against unarmed humanitarian activists. But I'm even more outraged that once again, Israel's actions have been aided and abetted by a U.S. political class that has become corrupted beyond belief due to its reliance on Zionist finance and penetration by Zionist zealots for whom no U.S. weapons system is too much for the Israeli war machine, and the silence of the world's onlookers whose hearts have grown cold with indifference.

I recently visited the offices of IHH, the Turkish humanitarian organization that sponsored one of the Freedom Flotilla boats, and that was targeted by the Israelis for its murderous rampage. Reports are still coming in as to the full extent of the senseless Israeli violence. Of course, I expect Israel's apologists in the press and in the United States government to shift into high gear to support Israel's lying machine. Take note of their names. The 12,000 internet squatters/written word grenade throwers, hired by the Israeli Foreign Ministry to defend Israel and attack peace activists online, are already busy spreading their orchestrated disinformation in cyberspace. Be very careful what you read and believe from special interest press and the internet. You could be reading one of Israel's hired hacks. As a news diversion from what Israel has just done, I suspect that we can also expect to see a lot of historical footage of war's atrocities on television: today is Memorial Day in the United States, a day long ago set aside to remember the sacrifices of U.S. war dead.

I encouraged and supported U.S.S. Liberty veteran Joe Meadors's participation in the Freedom Flotilla. Unfortunately, the fate of the U.S.S. Liberty innocents on the high seas, while in international waters, has now been visited upon the participants in the Freedom Flotilla, in large measure because of the Congressional- and Presidential-level cover-up of the 1967 Israeli attack on that U.S. surveillance ship. Combined with the failure of just about every other effort to hold Israel accountable for its crimes against humanity, war crimes, genocide, and crimes against the peace. Belgium and Spain changed their domestic laws of universal jurisdiction after Israeli appeals to do so. The entire musical chairs gang of rotating Israeli leadership are war criminals. During my imprisonment in Israel for attempting to take crayons to the children of Gaza, I called Israel a failed state. If Israel is threatened by unarmed, humanitarian activists to the point of massacring them, then Israel is a failed state. Israel is a failed nuclear state.

Obama's most recent granting of an additional $205 million for Israeli "missile defense" is unconscionable, when in the same week, reports revealed for the first time, Israel's offer of nuclear weaponsto apartheid South Africa. Just last week, a paper bearing the signature of former Israeli Prime Minister, Shimon Peres, was released by South Africa, revealing that in 1975, Israel could offer South Africa nuclear weapons "in three sizes." South Africa's then-Minister of Defense, P.W. Botha, was South Africa's signatory to the letter. This information would make the entire Obama Administration look sadly farcical as it points an accusing finger at Iran, except that U.S. obeisance to the Israeli bloodthirst is deadly serious. With deadly outcomes.

Earlier this month, Israel was granted admission to the Organization of Economic and Community Development (OECD), a direct affront to ongoing Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) efforts across the world. Once again, Israel has thumbed its nose at the global community--with bloody results--because it can.

I am proud to serve on the Bertrand Russell Tribunal on Palestine. Its next sitting will be in London, where we will examine corporate complicity in Israel's crimes against Palestine. The Tribunal will sit from November 5 - 7. Please put this on your calendar. We all must do what we can, where we are to end wars against the people at home and wars against human rights abroad.

Finally, a friend just sent a message to me saying that the Israelis had lost their minds. Sadly, based on the past, the Israelis could very well conclude that they can do anything--imprison me for trying to take love to the children of Gaza and kill humanitarian activists trying to do the same--because they know, in the end, they'll get away with it. Instead, I would suggest that we are the ones who have lost our minds, our souls, our spirits, and our human dignity if we allow the Israelis to get away with murder--again--and we do nothing.

I am calling on the people of the United States to change course now.

On this Memorial Day 2010, I am stunned and outraged beyond belief while mourning the dead of the Freedom Flotilla to Gaza.

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19467

Imaginos
06-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Cynthia McKinney is awesome.
I can't stand her on domestic pollicies (i.e. welfare state) but at least she is one of the extremely few politicians who dared to stand up against Military Industrial Complex and Israeli lobby.
It takes courage and character to do that so she has my respect.

Liberty Star
06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Good news, G-d's hand does work mysteriously.

Just when you thought most hated country in the world could not sink any lower, it drills a hole and reaches a new low.

Now where is Susan Rice and where is Obama on this?

JosephTheLibertarian
06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
I condemn Cynthia McKinney for being a leftwing nut.

MsDoodahs
06-02-2010, 07:51 AM
I condemn Cynthia McKinney for being a leftwing nut.

"The cutest little commie in congress" (Boortz back when Cynthia was IN congress).

JosephTheLibertarian
06-02-2010, 07:53 AM
"The cutest little commie in congress" (Boortz back when Cynthia was IN congress).

Nah I think Pelosi was far more cuter lol :cool:

Liberty Star
06-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Any LW/RW nut or egg who puts America first is a better patriot any day of the week over the ones who put foreign states interests ahead of Americas.

People should be criticized based on their ideas and not based merely on labels.

JosephTheLibertarian
06-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Any LW/RW nut or egg who puts America first is a better patriot any day of the week over the ones who put foreign states interests ahead of Americas.

People should be criticized based on their ideas and not based merely on labels.

Ok. She's a commie. 'Nuff said

DAFTEK
06-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Damn that was good!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Liberty Star
06-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Ok. She's a commie. 'Nuff said

Oh, I thought she was a neocon.

Boortz has done a lot for neoconservative movement but he really should stay away from placing labels on other people.

Neil Boortz Compares Ron Paul To Charles Manson

Ron Paul 2012 ...Dec 4, 2007 ... http://boortz.com/nuze/200711/11072007.html. "So ... here's what I am going to do. I have already signed up to receive Ron Paul campaign ...

JosephTheLibertarian
06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh, I thought she was a neocon.

lol. well, take your pick

MsDoodahs
06-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Quotes from the archived pages of her website, this is from back when she was in Congress.

Decide for yourselves if Cynthia's point of view matches your own:

Cynthia on Education:

"Education is an issue that reaches every member of our society and is essential to America's future. Earlier this Congress, I voted in support of H.R. 1, the Leave No Child Behind Act. This legislation provided needed funding increases for Head Start, school construction and mentoring programs, among others. In addition, I have cosponsored legislation that will expand reading programs, increase technology training for elementary and secondary school teachers, and increase the opportunities under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. Finally, in order to realize the opportunities that the Leave No Child Behind Act provided, I have sent letters to the congressional appropriations committees in order to insure that appropriate funding levels are available for school mentoring and counseling programs, that no funds are cut from the Pell Grant program, and that funding continues for the TRIO program, which assists first-generation college students to attend and pay for college."

Cynthia on Environment:

"Since I first arrived in Congress, I have sought to protect our environment, both nationally and locally. I have introduced the National Forest Protection and Restoration Act (H.R. 1494) in order to end the commercial logging program in our national forests and to establish a system for restoring and rehabilitating the forests and watersheds that have been damaged by years of timber harvests. Similarly, I voted to oppose drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, against the rollback of public land protections, and voted for stronger fuel-economy standards for trucks and SUVs. In addition, I will continue to oppose efforts to weaken the Endangered Species Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, as these laws are the foundation for the quality of life and biodiversity that are important to me, residents of Georgia's Fourth District and so many other American people. I am also a cosponsor of legislation that would increase funding to the Land and Water Conservation Fund, which provides needed money to protect precious lands throughout our nation.

Locally, I have sought greater protection for the Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve by supporting the Arabia Alliance, urging the State of Georgia to assist in land acquisition, and by introducing with Senator Max Cleland the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area. I have also fought for protection of the Chattahoochee and South Rivers. I have fully supported efforts to clean up metro Atlanta's air and to reduce smog. I have aggressively worked in favor of efforts to study and constrain the concentration of landfills in South DeKalb. And I was an original supporter of Governor Barnes' Greenspace Initiative to protect parks and open spaces in local communities throughout Georgia."

Cynthia on Healthcare:

"Insuring access to affordable and quality health care is a matter of national security for the United States. I believe it is imperative to expand programs such as Medicaid and SCHIP to cover all Americans uninsured here in the United States, and am opposed to increasing the age requirements for Medicaid. In addition, I support providing a true prescription drug benefit to Medicaid, am a cosponsor of the Patients Bill of Rights, and support legislation that helps laid off workers continue coverage of insurance through COBRA. Further, I oppose any form of health care rationing or the use of a voucher-based system of health insurance."

Cynthia on Homeland Security:

"Immediately following the events of September 11th, Congress voted on a number of measures permitting the President to pursue the perpetrators of the attacks, to provide funds for the recovery of New York, Pennsylvania and the Pentagon, and to increase our nation's preparedness to address the threats of terrorism. On September 14, 2001, I voted in favor of H.J. Res. 64, which authorized the President to use force against those who provided aid to, or those who were responsible for the September 11th attacks. I also supported the Financial Anti-Terrorism Act, Bioterrorism Enforcement Act of 2001, Aviation Security Act (S. 1447), Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act and H.R. 2888, and the 2001 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act. Further, I have written both to the President and to the House Appropriations Committee in support of increased funding for local police, fire and EMS first responder units to prepare for and respond to terrorist acts."

Cynthia on Human Rights/International Relations:

"The protection of dignity and human rights is an issue that I have fought strongly for since I've been in Congress. In 2000, I was successful in having the Arms Trade Code of Conduct passed, a law that now requires the U.S. to create an international system for controlling the transfer and supply of weapons to nations that abuse their human rights. As the Ranking Member of the International Operations and Human Rights Subcommittee, I have overseen hearings on sexual trafficking, refugee crisis, and humanitarian responses among many hearings on nation- or region-specific issues, such as Colombia, Rwanda, and East Timor."

Cynthia on Labor:

"I realize that unions play an essential role for many workers in securing living wages, advocating safe work environments and insuring job opportunity. I received a 100% voting record from the AFL-CIO for 2001, and have advocated on behalf of firefighters, police officers, factory workers and others in efforts to secure equal opportunity, fair contracts and compensation, and long-term work assurances.

Also, in order to protect American workers and to maintain high environmental, labor and human rights standards, I voted against Fast Track Trade Promotion Authority, and will continue to urge for Congress to maintain it's authority over international treaties. I have voted to increase health care opportunities for laid off workers, have written in support of higher Trade Adjustment Assistance funding, and offered an amendment to the budget this spring to provide greater funding for job training.

Finally, I am the sponsor of legislation, the TRUTH ACT, H.R. 460, that would require U.S. businesses that operate abroad to file reports on their activities abroad, including their labor, environmental, human rights, workplace safety and security standards. I have also introduced another piece of legislation, H.R. 2782, the Corporate Code of Conduct Act, which imposes standards for labor, workplace safety and environmental similar to those required in the United States, in order for those firms to be eligible for federal contracts or tax incentives."

Cynthia on Seniors:

"One of the most pressing issues facing the senior community today is the rising cost of prescription drugs. For this reason, I am an original cosponsor of the Democratic prescription drug Medicare coverage bill. This legislation will insure that Medicare is capable of alleviating the burden of prescription drug costs that our nation's seniors face, and also to cap the rising costs of the medications.

Similarly, I am an original cosponsor of a bill that would amend Title II of the Social Security Act to improve benefits for aged survivors, disabled survivors, and divorced spouses. As seniors live longer lives, their retirement savings can dwindle, and it is essential to provide assistance to our senior community in order for them to maintain and enjoy their retirement."

Cynthia on Transportation:

"I realize that transportation issues are both important to the quality of life of residents in metro Atlanta and to the economic security of our entire nation. Since coming to Congress, I have advocated the expansion of MARTA in DeKalb County, have obtained funds for rail, bus and road investments in the 4th Congressional District and metro Atlanta, and voted in favor of legislation insuring the solvency of our nations airlines and Amtrak. Additionally, I have voted for additional funding for transit, road and air projects across the entire nation. When President Bush released his budget this year, funding for transportation was woefully underfunded, and I joined my colleagues in supporting legislation that restored needed transportation funding for the upcoming year, and additionally I offered an amendment to the congressional budget resolution that would have increased transportation funding by $2 billion in the next year alone."

Cynthia on Veterans:

"I have the utmost respect for our nation's veterans. I was proud to sponsor the Agent Orange Respiratory Cancer Act of 2001, H.R. 1587, which became law in December 2001 when it was added as a provision of H.R. 1291. This bill will make important changes to law enabling certain cancer sufferers to obtain benefits and assistance from the VA that would otherwise have been denied. I attempted to increase the budget allocation for veterans $3 billion through a budget amendment that I offered earlier this year. Finally, I am a cosponsor of legislation that will permit full concurrent receipt for retired military personnel who also are disabled veterans. I believe that the current law that prohibits concurrent receipt is wrong and disrespectful to those who've served our nation, and support efforts, including language in the FY2003 defense authorization, that would resume concurrent receipt. Our veterans have earned no less than to get both their retired pay and disability benefits."

Cynthia on Women:

"There are many issues that come before Congress that address the unique opportunities and challenges that women face. I have introduced legislation that seeks to bring increased attention and stimulate research for women's bleeding disorders - conditions that are often misdiagnosed and commonly lead to unnecessary surgeries and hysterectomies. I am a cosponsor of the Paycheck Fairness Act, increasing the opportunities for women to earn equitable wages with men. I have focused my attention in the International Relations Committee on the many issues facing women abroad, and have supported community events and legislation aimed at increasing women-owned business opportunities."

link to site:

http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/CynthiaMcKinney/welcome.htm