PDA

View Full Version : LOL Fake FredThompsonForums Article Published

d'anconia
10-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Digg it and read about it, pretty damned hilarious:
http://digg.com/politics/Wow_Murchoch_s_Australian_news_outlet_puts_up_FAKE _article_about_Ron_Paul

ctb619
10-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Do you know the story behind this? If so, could you please explain.

steph3n
10-12-2007, 07:26 PM
please see the bad media forum, very very long thread about this already

Drknows
10-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Digg it and read about it, pretty damned hilarious:
http://digg.com/politics/Wow_Murchoch_s_Australian_news_outlet_puts_up_FAKE _article_about_Ron_Paul

No dont digg that shit. Why would we want bad press even if its fake?

d'anconia
10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Basically "I Love Hannity", who is an RP supporter (might even be a user on here) wrote a fake article about how the RP grassroots campaign is fake and made a press release that apparently this Australian news company, which is owned by Murdocho, used as an actual article on their website.

Just read the article it's pretty funny, shows you how much integrity the news media has...

ctb619
10-12-2007, 07:28 PM
wow, funny stuff....that website has a pretty high ranking too

d'anconia
10-12-2007, 07:28 PM
No dont digg that shit. Why would we want bad press even if its fake?

Digg users know who RP is and that his support is real. I don't see any harm in this in fact if it got more press it could be a good thing if it were exposed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Drknows
10-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Basically "I Love Hannity", who is an RP supporter (might even be a user on here) wrote a fake article about how the RP grassroots campaign is fake and made a press release that apparently this Australian news company, which is owned by Murdocho, used as an actual article on their website.

Just read the article it's pretty funny, shows you how much integrity the news media has...

Yeah but maybe user hannity made that up too? Maybe he didn't really send them a email and is just saying he did for laughs? It was just posted today btw.

I say bury it.

American
10-12-2007, 07:33 PM
How in the hell do you think "I Love Hannity" is a RP Supporter? You, are a moron.

I see the troll are in a feeding frenzy lately.

Qiu
10-12-2007, 07:34 PM
"Senator?" Did this newspaper do any research?

kylejack
10-12-2007, 07:36 PM
That was written by a Fred Thompson Forum person?! Ahahahahahahaha how did he get it published??

kylejack
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
How in the hell do you think "I Love Hannity" is a RP Supporter? You, are a moron.

I'm hoping that you're kidding. If you're not, you're the moron, friend.

Roxi
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM

be careful who u call a moron, u are dead wrong.. the user ILOVEHANNITY on the fred thompson forums is IN fact a RP supporter on this forum who u all know and love, well the old g's do :D

also around 80-90% of the users on the FT forums is someone from here

the whole point is to make people checking out fred for the first time will think him and his supporters are exactly what they are made out to be. there are a few actual fred supporters on that forum, most of them are new and don't realize that forum has become satire

AND its not really bad press if it practically forces people to watch that video, and check out the Ron Paul Youtube channel right?
not only that but being factually wrong ie. senator... makes the media look bad... how could you not think that is good?

GeorgiaRPFan
10-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Story link (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Smear_Campaign_Against_Ron_Paul_Goes_Into_Overdriv e)

"The astounding accusation reads: A CANDIDATE for the US presidency is being buoyed by a massive online campaign that may be a fake grassroots movement organised by party staff. Head of Flinders University’s Department of American Studies Don De Bats told NEWS.com.au that it “sounded like” an astroturfing campaign. Astroturfing is the term used to describe a fake grassroots campaign, where members of an organisation create the illusion that “ordinary people” are behind the movement."

Yup. We're all effin' imaginary.

DaronWestbrooke
10-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Look back at old posts, Fred Forums and Obama Forums were created by us.. all their bases belong to us!!!!! I Love Hannity is ours! Those people are so gullible and the funny thing is, if they track it back, they will think Freds folks did it.. lol..

jonahtrainer
10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Digg users know who RP is and that his support is real. I don't see any harm in this in fact if it got more press it could be a good thing if it were exposed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a dangerous piece of propoganda for our Australian friends. What if the Internet runs a candidate there like it is here with Ron Paul? Perhaps the Meetup groups could have a rally at the professor's university.

RP4ME
10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
this is stinking hilarious - genius rather - kudos to I love Hannity! Brilliant...:D

Spirit of '76
10-12-2007, 07:42 PM
There are already several threads on this. One of the jokers over at FredThompsonforum.com thought it would be funny to submit this to one of those self-publishing "news" sites. :rolleyes:

paulitics
10-12-2007, 07:43 PM
isn't this like a fake satirical piece?

purplechoe
Priceless! Too bad I got band over a month ago. I was Saddam Husein and was banned for supporting Hillary. :) Good times...

jonahtrainer
Look back at old posts, Fred Forums and Obama Forums were created by us.. all their bases belong to us!!!!! I Love Hannity is ours! Those people are so gullible and the funny thing is, if they track it back, they will think Freds folks did it.. lol..

I'm in ur base pwnin ur dudz!!!

Adamsa
10-12-2007, 07:44 PM
How can the campaign be astroturfing when he raised $5.1 million last quarter alone?

Drknows
10-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah its funny but i want proof he sent them a email before i think its true. Hes all Jokes maybe hes just saying hes professor de bots for laughs?

Pete
10-12-2007, 07:46 PM

I'm dyin' here. :D

Hopefully, posing as a Fredhead and posting fake news stories is not a capital offense according to the World Court. :)

DjLoTi
10-12-2007, 07:47 PM
He wouldn't have spent money on that without wanting something happening .... Could be larger then hype, .... media pay attention!!

andrewgreve
10-12-2007, 07:47 PM
lets get this on the front page.

GeorgiaRPFan
10-12-2007, 07:48 PM
That is damn funny and a clever way to get people to watch the RP video.

Roxi
10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah its funny but i want proof he sent them a email before i think its true. Hes all Jokes maybe hes just saying hes professor de bots for laughs?

the character is based on this guy: http://www.ssn.flinders.edu.au/amst/staff/debats.php :p

shrugged0106
10-12-2007, 07:51 PM
It's hysterical that so many here are even falling for it! I've been near tears in laughter for a while now.

enter`name`here
10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
how many people does tis site get? If whoever published this wanted to hurt Ron Paul i think they made a mistake, there is a long nice Ron Paul video there.

Proemio
10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Simply priceless - can't wait for the retraction...

DaronWestbrooke
10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
the character is based on this guy: http://www.ssn.flinders.edu.au/amst/staff/debats.php :p

I can't remember if it was here or on a blog, but someone emailed DeBates (versus de Bots) and he didn't know anything about the article.

GeorgiaRPFan
It's hysterical that so many here are even falling for it! I've been near tears in laughter for a while now.

Hell Alex Jones fell for it and it's the top story on his website right now.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ (http://www.prisonplanet.com/)

I feel so stoopid now. :rolleyes:

d'anconia

That's exactly what I was thinking but I personally would have bought it too. "Senator"? Well those Aussies have PM's so they might not know better. What caught my eye though was "Don De Bots" but I still thought it might be real until someone pointed it out on our Facebook group. The person who let us know it was fake had Googled "Don De Bots" and guess where the search results pointed to?
Fred Thompson Forums LOL

Roxi
10-12-2007, 07:56 PM
i bought it at first, til i started researching it...

we should do a poll... who bought it as a true story at first HA HA ;)

G-khan
10-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I think this is great now they will have to look and confirm we are for real...

This is good IMO not bad... Go ahead and say we are all imaginary and don't exist!

Love it!

Drknows
10-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I think its fucking stupid if you ask me its funny as a inside joke but people who dont read our forumns will think its real.

what if main stream media outlets pick it up? Then we would have to fight tooth and nail claiming its false.

Fucking stupid.

Its a good way to take away any credibility RP has.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
The story sounded funny to me from the very beginning. What I want to know is how this happened. He just e-mailed it to them and they published it and put one of their own reporters' names on it? I don't understand how this could happen.

andrewgreve
10-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Hell Alex Jones fell for it and it's the top story on his website right now.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ (http://www.prisonplanet.com/)

I feel so stoopid now. :rolleyes:

What do you mean by 'fell for it'? It was reported as news on what we normally assume to be a reputable news source. I guess the mainstream media is just trying to lose their credibility at this point...

Razmear
10-12-2007, 08:31 PM
The article is still showing in their World/North America section :D

http://www.news.com.au/index/0,23601,38198,00.html

eb

deedles
10-12-2007, 08:31 PM

I got totally owned by this myself lol... and then I sent it out to my meetup group so they could be outraged as well...:rolleyes:

roflllllllll

Some of those guys need to submit articles for the Onion, I swear..

:D :D :D :D

steph3n
10-12-2007, 08:35 PM
people outside actually think this is real, I am dead serious. they think it is all fake, the whole campaign.

d'anconia
10-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Actually guys it now looks like the article itself may be real. They give writing credit to some Mary lady but more importantly apparently this Don De Bots actually exists and they misspelled it, it should be "Don De Bats". He's apparently a professor at Flinders in Australia.

So I guess this makes the I Love Hannity post on FTF fake (yes I know it's a satirical site anyway) in that I Love Hannity did not really write the article. Either that or I Love Hannity just happened to misspell Don De Bats' name (maybe so he could misquote him without legal discourse?).

Am I missing anything else?

NewEnd
10-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Ha ha... I had a feling it was fake... because it linked to Paul videos and such. Great! I love the fredthompsonforums, they are hilarious!

torchbearer
10-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Long story, but just take the word of someone who has earned the respect of many here... that this is something you should be laughing at... have you been to fredthompsonforum.com ?

d'anconia
Proof De Bats is real:
http://www.flinders.edu.au/directory/main-display-staff-info.cfm?ouid=1813&telsumm_id=27066

Drknows
people outside actually think this is real, I am dead serious. they think it is all fake, the whole campaign.

I know thats what I'm saying people here are laughing at it because they know its fake but people seeing that shit on on the front page of a TRUSTED NEWS site think its real.

Its a good way to F*#$ up Ron Pauls Online Campaign. :mad:

steph3n
10-12-2007, 08:39 PM
yes we all know this.

Proof De Bats is real:
http://www.flinders.edu.au/directory/main-display-staff-info.cfm?ouid=1813&telsumm_id=27066

kylejack
10-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Proof De Bats is real:

Yeah, we know that from the previous thread. Someone contacted him and he said he had nothing to do with this.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 08:40 PM
I know thats what I'm saying people here are laughing at it because they know its fake but people seeing that shit on on the front page of a TRUSTED NEWS site think its real.

Its a good way to F*#$ up Ron Pauls Online Campaign. :mad:

Not really. Only Australians see it, and it says GOOD THINGS about Paul. The bad parts just sound like lunacy.

torchbearer
10-12-2007, 08:43 PM
This is really funny... is someone going to let them know they got punk'd?
A good way to set up bad media outlets... think about it. Bait them with bogus stories, then bust them on it.

Syren123
10-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Astroturfing. That's pretty funny!
I Love Hannity would NEVER be a Ron Paul supporter -he's an avowed neo-con puppet - and any suggestion to the contrary might prompt a DHS wiretap on the offender's ass.

Pete
10-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Screwing around with a Murdoch paper might be worth a black helicopter ride to Gitmo as well. :D

torchbearer
10-12-2007, 09:30 PM
They are talking about it over on fred's forum: http://www.fredthompsonforum.com/showthread.php?t=1851&page=5