PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Adam: Thank you for running

MR2Fast2Catch
06-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Adam,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for getting out there and giving up a year of your life to run for Congress. You have been my favorite candidate running for office in the entire country this time around. No other candidate represents my views as well as you did, so I thank you for that. You fired up the liberty movement with your energy and enthusiasm, and though you did not win, you helped spread the message of freedom.

Before Ron Paul ran for President, I had never even registered to vote. Suddenly I even donated $100 to his campaign. I donated almost the same amount to your campaign, even knowing your odds of winning were slim. I didn't care about the odds though. RARELY does a candidate come around who represents my voice this well.

Adam; Aside from the disappointing results in today's election, I ask that you consider running for public office again. Perhaps a lower office, such as the state house or state senate. You have some name recognition now, and you may have much better luck getting elected in a smaller district with less attention from the establishment. Think about it. Don't let the discouraging results of today make you think otherwise.

Thank your for running, and thanks for watering the tree of liberty!

dr. hfn
06-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I'd like to thank Adam and his campaign too, I'm sure you guys educated a lot of people and planted the seeds of liberty. I doubt we would have done this well a few years ago, the tide is turning...

Aratus
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
adam kokesh should definately run again!

BlackTerrel
06-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Great letter. +1

libertybrewcity
06-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Adam,
Adam; Aside from the disappointing results in today's election, I ask that you consider running for public office again. Perhaps a lower office, such as the state house or state senate. You have some name recognition now, and you may have much better luck getting elected in a smaller district with less attention from the establishment. Think about it. Don't let the discouraging results of today make you think otherwise.

Thank your for running, and thanks for watering the tree of liberty!

great letter! i am really starting to think that this is the way to go...

Tinnuhana
06-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Congratulations, Adam, on the inroads you made for liberty in NM-3 and elsewhere. This is only a temporary setback. Get the "Don't blame me; I voted for Kokesh" bumper stickers ready.
Let us know how things go with your opponent. I assume he'll be asking for some sort of endorsement since you got almost a third of the vote.

Tinnuhana
06-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Also, all the special thanks to Michael, on what seems permanent loan from the state of Hawai'i, for the hard work and timely updates.

Kevin_Kennedy
06-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Thanks Adam and team. You all ran an amazing campaign.

nobody's_hero
06-02-2010, 05:00 AM
It's not good to set brushfires in New Mexico, Adam. ;) :D

angelatc
06-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Plus 1 !

Todd
06-02-2010, 06:26 AM
fantastic post. hope Adam will try again for state level run. All politics is local someone once said.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Great post. Thanks for running, Adam, and please run for office again!

K466
06-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Ditto, thanks for running, I hope you will run in the near future, the country is starving for leadership from people like you.

JosephTheLibertarian
06-02-2010, 07:08 AM
How did he not get out of the primary? After all of the support? so pathetic

I don't even know his opponent's name for f's sake.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 07:16 AM
How did he not get out of the primary? After all of the support? so pathetic

I don't even know his opponent's name for f's sake.

I'm sure those who live in New Mexico do. He's a household name to us, but this was a local primary.

nayjevin
06-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Woot! Thousands more liberty supporters now exist in New Mexico and elsewhere.

DAFTEK
06-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Great man!! I applaud his efforts and I hope he knows he has not failed, this is only the beginning.... Thank You Adam!

surGeon
06-02-2010, 07:40 AM
This is not the last we've heard from Kokesh, I'm sure. He'll soldier on.

His primary opponent actually wasn't that terrible from what I saw at the debate. Hopefully he'll be able to beat Lujan.

Lucille
06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
+1776!

You worked very hard, Adam. I hope you can take a nice vacation! You've earned it.

Romantarchist
06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Adam:

Thank you so much for running for Congress. Thank you for giving the people of New Mexico's 3rd District a chance to vote for someone committed to liberty and the U.S. Constitution. But I have two questions: first, why wasn't there a victory? Was it just that the more mainstream, neo-con Republicans detect that Mullins was one of them and you weren't? Second, what are you going to do now to continue the fight for liberty? Are you going to continue advocating for our military veterans? Are you going to get involved with other projects in New Mexico, such as helping Native American tribes break free of the federal government's stranglehold on them? I am interested in answers to these questions and I think we all are.

Lucille
06-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Can Adam not run as an (I) at this point, or is he just not interested?

Travlyr
06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Thank you Adam & Michael for all you have done for the liberty movement. Great job along with a great team effort and volunteer effort. Onward and Forward!