PDA

View Full Version : Any word from the New York event?

FluffyUnbound
10-12-2007, 07:20 PM
How many people attended the two fundraisers? I know one of them is still going on.

andrewgreve
10-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I think everyone should take this opportunity to check out the Mises Institute if you're not already familiar with it.

Ron Paul will be participating in their 25 year anniversary celebration tomorrow @

'11:40 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch at Charlie Palmer's Metrazur Restaurant, Grand Central Station, with Ron Paul: "Changing the World"'

source: http://mises.org/events/97

Ron Paul's short book on Mises and the Austrian School: http://www.mises.org/books/paulmises.pdf

Syren123
10-12-2007, 08:55 PM
DAMN! Ron Paul AND Andrew Napolitano?! DAMN!!

It looks like a very interesting conference! We never get anything that intellectual here in L.A. ...we get some Mexican political party's national conference instead.

nbhadja
10-12-2007, 08:59 PM

It looks like a very interesting conference! We never get anything that intellectual here in L.A. ...we get some Mexican political party's national conference instead.

It's too late for LA, but we CAN save the rest of the country..........lol

andrewgreve
10-12-2007, 09:13 PM

You left some other great ones! Tom Woods, Mark Thornton, Tom DiLorenzo, Walter Block, Lew Rockwell...

I think it's very respectable that RP is not himself giving any publicity to his participation in this Mises event. I agree with what I assume is his take on it: that he is campaigning for President and stuff like this isn't exactly connected to that.

I, on the other hand, am trying my hardest to promote the Mises Institute to you guys ;)
...and on the flip side I'm trying my hardest to promote RP to the anarchists out there who don't exactly get the whole RP thing.

me3
10-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Re: the subject of Austrian Economics, I highly recommend "The Money Masters"

You can find it for streaming near the bottom of the Ron Paul Audio page in yellow text.
http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/

johnscr
10-12-2007, 10:47 PM
How many people attended the two fundraisers? I know one of them is still going on.

Just got back from both. There were about 50- 60 people at the fundraiser including Ron Paul and his wife Carol. Dr. Paul took lots of photos with people (I'll post some later), gave his typically inspirational speech and answered lots of questions.

The other event was a party at the NY meetup HQ. That was overflowing into the street.

johnscr
10-12-2007, 10:50 PM

Went to the Mises conference too. Judge Napolitano gave an excellent speech on the history of oppressive legislation and executive abuse from Adams to Lincoln to Roosevelt. He also went into a lot of detail of the Patriot act and the many ways it destroys freedom