PDA

View Full Version : Republican Liberty Caucus: "Thoughts On The Kokesh Experiment"

Matt Collins
06-01-2010, 10:10 PM
An interesting read:
http://www.rlc.org/2010/06/01/thoughts-on-adam-kokeshs-new-mexico-experiment/

tpreitzel
06-01-2010, 10:23 PM
An interesting read:

Nah ... Adam, keep trying with the same district if you like (~ 30% isn't a bad performance at all). Adapt, but don't conform to the whims of voters or bloggers. When the time is right, bloggers and whimsical voters will promote and select you for your constitutional views or suffer the consequences. Apparently, the voters in the 3rd district haven't suffered enough yet. It's that simple.

Tinnuhana
06-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I don’t feel my money was wasted at all. We are in this for the long haul. For us, it’s not just about grabbing power back from the democratic party. What was learned during this campaign will set the stage for success in 2012. What the people of NM-3 learn durning the general and the next two years will also set the stage for success in 2012.

--Comment I left at the website

MRoCkEd
06-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Article hits the nail on the head.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Nah ... Adam, keep trying with the same district if you like (~ 30% isn't a bad performance at all).

It's not good. Kokesh got a lower percentage than Chris Peden got against Ron Paul in 2008 in Peden's first run for the U.S. House. And Peden didn't raise a quarter of a million dollars vs. a broke challenger.

I'm really shocked Kokesh did so bad with the big campaign cash advantage he had.

Southron
06-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Why can't he run for a winnable state position instead like Glen Bradley?

Don't you all think this will be easier if we have a strong base at the state level to launch our federal campaigns?

nayjevin
06-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Adam is taking an interesting path, I enjoyed it, and glad to support it. Thousands of people have heard about him and liberty over the past months.

I don’t feel my money was wasted at all. We are in this for the long haul. For us, it’s not just about grabbing power back from the democratic party. What was learned during this campaign will set the stage for success in 2012. What the people of NM-3 learn durning the general and the next two years will also set the stage for success in 2012.

^this

Travlyr
06-02-2010, 07:37 AM
It's not good. Kokesh got a lower percentage than Chris Peden got against Ron Paul in 2008 in Peden's first run for the U.S. House. And Peden didn't raise a quarter of a million dollars vs. a broke challenger.

I'm really shocked Kokesh did so bad with the big campaign cash advantage he had.

I'm not shocked at all. Adam spent his campaign cash wisely, he had passionate volunteers and smart team members. Adam was the superior candidate for the people in the debates, in the media and on the campaign trail. Adam is the most knowledgeable of the two candidates and possesses the drive to make a difference. Therein lies the problem.

Adam Kokesh was not the superior candidate for the GOP establishment. The GOP leadership knew from the start that Adam would not rubber stamp their agenda, so they hand picked Mullins and crushed Kokesh.

What happened in this experiment is the same thing that is happening in virtually all of the liberty movement's bids for office. The GOP leadership and the Democrats are not at all interested in having liberty minded constitutional membership. It is fairly easy to see what is going on once you delve inside the establishment's agenda. Our leaders did not even stand up for a true audit of the FED. Think about that. Policy makers do not want a true audit of the bank! That is outrageous! But true. The Democrats and Republicans have the exact same agenda. Both parties are peas of the same pod. This is the reality, but Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz, Randi Rhodes, nor Thom Hartmann will admit it. Neither will FOX, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS or BBC. Or, LA Times, NY Times, Washington Post, Atlanta Journal, Wall Street Journal, et.al. But it's true.

We only have the illusion of choice. The GOP's health care bill would have been Romney care. The GOP is fully backing Agenda 21. The GOP is the leader of perpetual war. Walmart or Kmart. Lowes or Home Depot. McDonalds or Burger King. Applebees or Chili's. Exxon or Conoco. Democrat or Republican. With virtually no choice at all where our children get indoctrinated... publicly schooled.

No... Kokesh would not fit, and they have the printing press, the establishment, and the system.

Interestingly, U.S. Rep. Pete Sessions was at New Mexico's GOP pre-primary convention where somebody (in a closed delegate only meeting where the rules clearly stated no promotional materials) passed degrading fliers with lies about Kokesh to the delegates. I do not know who handed out the fliers, but they were effective.

BTW: Is it Pete Sessions that Dick is referring to in this video?

YouTube - Dick Cheney ex-director of CFR talks to David Rockefeller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbnpN07J_zg&feature=related)

The sooner that the liberty movement understand our system of government as a corporation of elites, the sooner we can go about correcting it. We will spend plenty of resources this election on liberty candidates, but we should be taking a different tack.

IMHO, the most effective way to spread the message of liberty is through the airwaves. We need mainstream liberty TV and radio broadcasting written, produced and directed by Austrian economists.

Misesian
06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I kinda agree overall with what the author is saying, but if that's Aaron Bitter-man then he really is a d**k, a little bit too much ego in that article and he failed to express any gratitude or respect to Adam for spending a year of his life spreading as much liberty as possible within that district so that the next time somebody runs under the liberty message it would be easier for them to win.

Peronally I think Adam should run for the NM state senate in 2012, it's no guarantee at all but with a much smaller pool of voters to work with it's certainly easier to win and he can be a leading voice for liberty (and nullification) within the state's legislature.

Aratus
06-02-2010, 10:00 AM
the mullens dude is not a total fool or someone's tool tossed out to test
the tea party waters inside the gop. ghawwdammit, we know the public
has yet to rally to our newer veterans the way many voters did in 1946.
this almost says to me the war has to be over before we can elect any of
the brave veterans to public office. he lost lost because the public has yet
to look at this long war in full & accept all heroic stances for what they are.

MR2Fast2Catch
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Why can't he run for a winnable state position instead like Glen Bradley?

Don't you all think this will be easier if we have a strong base at the state level to launch our federal campaigns?

+1.

tpreitzel
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM

LOL... Peden was being pushed by the GOP establishment, Adam was being crushed by the GOP establishment ...

Again, Adam did very well indeed at 29% for a political neophyte running against the GOP establishment ... Personally, I'm really shocked that you think Kokesh did so bad with $225k and received 29% of the vote. ;) Less than 10% of the vote might have been somewhat "bad", but not 20% or above. Adam should continue to run as he sees fit. Personally, I'd recommend that he keep trying for federal office. He's proven he has the ability when nearly 1 out of 3 people voted for him... Way to go, Adam.

You and Nathan Hale have been discouraging nearly any effort beyond supporting Rand Paul and Peter Schiff so your bias against Adam's race isn't surprising at all.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Again, Adam did very well indeed at 29% for a political neophyte running against the GOP establishment ... Personally, I'm really shocked that you think Kokesh did so bad with $225k and received 29% of the vote.

Spare me the spin, the race is over. Outspending your opponent by well over a two-to-one margin, and need I remind you that Mullins is a "political neophyte" too, and losing by over 40 percentage points and receiving less than 10,000 votes ain't good.

One can be proud of Kokesh for running and wish him future political success without wearing the rose-colored glasses about the outcome of this particular race.

tpreitzel
06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Spare me the spin, the race is over. Outspending your opponent by well over a two-to-one margin, and need I remind you that Mullins is a "political neophyte" too, and losing by over 40 percentage points and receiving less than 10,000 votes ain't good.

One can be proud of Kokesh for running and wish him future political success without wearing the rose-colored glasses about the outcome of this particular race.

Yes, spare us the spin.. Again, Kokesh was fighting the establishment, not in bed with it ... Your laughable comparision of Peden's race to Kokesh's race is just that ... laughable ... Again, Adam did very well indeed against the GOP establishment's "political neophyte" of a candidate, Mullins. Translate the GOP's backing of Mullins into dollars and your statement, "outspending your opponent by well over a two-to-one margin", becomes basically meaningless. ;)

low preference guy
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Isn't Ron Paul the establishment in his district? If so, how can it be that the establishment backed Peden?

phill4paul
06-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Apparently, the voters in the 3rd district haven't suffered enough yet. It's that simple.

This can be said of every district in every state. Do not flinch nor balk. The time is close at hand.

tpreitzel
06-02-2010, 05:53 PM
This can be said of every district in every state. Do not flinch nor balk. The time is close at hand.

Unfortunately, many humans have to suffer intensely before the seeing the error of their ways. Constitutional candidates don't need to amend their principles to meet the demands of the electorate. When the time is right, the electorate will be ready to anoint constitutional candidates as kings. Candidates can't let the latter possibility go to their heads, but simply realize and accept the fickleness of human nature while working to educate their constituents while the situation is still fixable from a political perspective. Candidates should tailor their message to any respective electorate, however, while simultaneously teaching the electorate about the need for strict adherence to the rule of constitutional law and its proper interpretation.

Nathan Hale
06-02-2010, 08:43 PM
An interesting read:

I disagree with this. It seems more like a pitch for the RLC. Adam's problem, considering the blog's take on his strategy, was that he ran as a Republican. As Adam himself mentioned in a recent interview, he declared his candidacy before he declared as a Republican. He was never married to the party and his strategy was to woo left-wingers. He should have run as an independent.

Perhaps he still should.