PDA

View Full Version : Tom Mullins beats Kokesh (official)

Gage
06-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Mullins has, within the last few minutes, been declared the winner, with results at around 75-25. This is a great loss for the liberty movement.

http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/House/2010/NM

low preference guy
06-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Kokesh 2012?

Aratus
06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
has adam kokesh conceded, yet?

LeifEiriksson
06-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Clearly the voting machines were rigged!

LeifEiriksson
06-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Hold on a second! Kokesh just shot up to 28%!

Kludge
06-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Not a surprise, but I imagine the Kokesh campaign has been very beneficial even if it didn't translate into a political victory this year, and there's a lot for members here to be appreciative to the Kokesh campaign for.

TheDriver
06-01-2010, 09:33 PM
I hope Adam takes the knowledge and experience he gained from this race and tries again in 2012. I think this is a winnable primary.

Congrads on a hard fought battle! Can't win them all!

Tinnuhana
06-01-2010, 09:41 PM
With 2/3 of votes in, Adam has 28% of the vote.
I second the congratulations. The name and ideas are out there now and if not this year, in two, the seat will be waiting.
Reading some of the other threads, I wonder if it's likely he will pursue legal avenues due the the funny business at the convention.

Austin
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM
He should run for state house or state senate in 2012...

Inflation
We didn't win this battle, but Adam certainly rattled some RINO cages.

He has a personal stalker club, so deranged are his rabid anti-fans.

It's fun to watch them froth and make the Establishment GOP look bad (err, worse than it already does).

28% is great for a rookie on his first campaign. Adam is young and will only grow stronger!

malkusm
With 2/3 of votes in, Adam has 28% of the vote.
I second the congratulations. The name and ideas are out there now and if not this year, in two, the seat will be waiting.
Reading some of the other threads, I wonder if it's likely he will pursue legal avenues due the the funny business at the convention.

I hope not. Threatening/pursuing legal action does nothing but piss off the establishment and make them dig in their heels even more.

We tried going that route after the Nevada GOP convention prevented Ron Paul from getting delegates in 2008, only to have our candidates and people shut out to an even greater extent, and to see Sue Lowden run for Senate anyway (out of spite).

Debra Medina is sticking it in the eye of the establishment in Texas, and seems to have simply emboldened them while burning bridges that she could use for future campaigns.

I think we have to play the game a bit and be "good, loyal Party members," even if it's only a facade, to make the kind of headway that we want to make.

MR2Fast2Catch
06-01-2010, 10:30 PM
He should run for state house or state senate in 2012...

I was thinking the same thing. This Congressional district isn't winnable. 28% and you guys are saying he should run again in 2 years?

He would probably have much better luck running for state house or state senate, with a smaller district and a lower profile election. Having the name recognition from his Congressional run, he could have a real shot at winning a run for state house/senate. Plus, it could be the launching platform he needs to start his political career, and eventually lead to a successful Congressional run after he is an established State Representative.

Think about it Adam!

Brett
06-02-2010, 11:20 AM
We just need Kokesh in some sort of office. I'd hate for him to have to devote his life to being a career politician, though.