PDA

View Full Version : So what do you all think is Peter's take on the latest Israeli attack?

qh4dotcom
06-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Don't forget he's Jewish.

Also what do you think is his take on the unconstitutional foreign aid to Israel?

G-Wohl
06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Don't forget he's Jewish.

Also what do you think is his take on the unconstitutional foreign aid to Israel?

The fact that Peter descends from a Jewish family certainly has no bearing on his opinion on Israel. Also, you answered your own question when you deemed the foreign aid to Israel "unconstitutional." What do you take Peter for?

qh4dotcom
06-01-2010, 07:13 PM
The fact that Peter descends from a Jewish family certainly has no bearing on his opinion on Israel. Also, you answered your own question when you deemed the foreign aid to Israel "unconstitutional." What do you take Peter for?

He might make an exception to his constitutional principles for Israel.

And I asked for his take on the Israeli attack and Israeli foreign aid, not his take on Israel.

LeifEiriksson
06-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I doubt Peter really has much of an opinion. Many of the facts in these kinds of cases are disputed, and while he may be naturally sympathetic to Israel I believe when something is wrong he says it's wrong. I stopped by the Chicago rally at the Israeli Consulate today for a bit, they had about 500 people. It was pretty intense.

ctiger2
06-01-2010, 07:15 PM
So what do you all think is Peter's take on the latest Israeli attack?

What did Peter say? Link?

G-Wohl
06-01-2010, 07:24 PM
He might make an exception to his constitutional principles for Israel.
What leads you to believe that he might make an exception to his constitutional principles for Israel?

And I asked for his take on the Israeli attack and Israeli foreign aid, not his take on Israel.
Seriously? :rolleyes:

If my response was too cryptic to understand, then here it is re-written in apparently much-needed clarity:

The fact that Peter descends from a Jewish family certainly has no bearing on his opinion on the latest Israeli attack or Israeli foreign aid. Also, you answered your own question when you deemed the foreign aid to Israel "unconstitutional." What do you take Peter for?

qh4dotcom
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
What leads you to believe that he might make an exception to his constitutional principles for Israel?

Don't forget he has said before he's not ruling out bombing Iran.

Ron Paul will not bomb Iran but Peter might...think Israel might have something to do with that?

daSHiZZLE
06-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Peter is against all foreign aid, including military aid to Israel.

How do I know? Because I heard him say it, with my own ears, and I commended him for it.

There are many Israelis who want the US to end aid to Israel. There are a number of reasons for this, particularly having to do with Israel wanting more freedom do what it wants with who it wants. It can't do that with the current agreement in place.

Remember, it was Israel who ended economic aid to Israel so they could balance their foreign reserves how they liked.

qh4dotcom
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM

How do I know? Because I heard him say it, with my own ears, and I commended him for it.

There are many Israelis who want the US to end aid to Israel. There are a number of reasons for this, particularly having to do with Israel wanting more freedom do what it wants with who it wants. It can't do that with the current agreement in place.

Remember, it was Israel who ended economic aid to Israel so they could balance their foreign reserves how they liked.

Thanks for clarifying that...I just wasn't sure because I had never heard him say that despite having heard hundreds of his speeches.

G-Wohl
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Don't forget he has said before he's not ruling out bombing Iran.

Ron Paul will not bomb Iran but Peter might...think Israel might have something to do with that?

What makes you think that Ron Paul is right to say that the government must rule out bombing Iran? He's wrong about a lot of things. Foreign policy is one of them. Though he is correct in saying that a non-interventionist foreign policy is proper for the US, he is incorrect in saying that preemptive warfare has no place in this military strategy.

Peter understands that a nuclear Iran is a dangerous Iran. He understands that the Iranians nationalized our oil, breaching contract, and that the country has endorsed, and has had direct involvement with, terrorist attacks against Americans. He also understands that if the military deems a preemptive strike against such an Iran would be the most effective method of disengaging a threat, then he ought to allow the military strategists to carry this out.

If Iran wants to redeem itself by first establishing a secular government which advocates for the protection of individual rights, then perhaps there would be a future where a nuclear-equipped Iran would not be a bomb-worthy target. But in the present state, Iran is a dangerous country run by savages. The US has the moral responsibility - not just the right - to disengage any Iranian military targets it deems a potential threat to US interests. If a preemptive bombing is deemed the most effective approach to solving this problem, then I, nor would Peter, hesitate to allow the military to do this.

Frankly, with respect to Israel, it is likely the fact that Peter recognizes that the Israelis transformed a nation of bloodthirsty savages with little-to-no human value into a first-world, sophisticated country with leading defense and technical industries, which provides him with the insight to morally support its existence and preservation.

You still haven't explained why you think that Peter would drop all of his principles to support Israel's latest attacks or its US financial aid. I'm going to take a wild guess and propose that you, like so many here, are antisemitic.

daSHiZZLE
06-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess and propose that you, like so many here, are antisemitic.

No G-Wohl, please don't go there.

It is in the Israel's best interest to end US aid, which is why they ended the economic aid, and will eventually end the military aid. While this isn't an oft talked of subject, there are a good many Israelis in favour of this.

Israel accounts for some 15% of all world military exports, which is why the US Gov "aids" the Israeli military, the Pentagon does not want advanced military tech falling in the wrong hands (hello China), and as a result Israel is restricted on who they share what with, even when its their IP. There are also a good few joint military programs between Israel and the US which makes it all the more complicated. Israel also has joint programs with a few other countries without aid agreements, like South Africa, Australia and Germany.

Eventually, Israel and the US will have to become friends, without benefits, but friends nonetheless.

Btw, I hold Israeli citizenship. I want the best for all and this is the way I see it.

G-Wohl
06-02-2010, 02:06 AM
No G-Wohl, please don't go there.

It is in the Israel's best interest to end US aid, which is why they ended the economic aid, and will eventually end the military aid. While this isn't an oft talked of subject, there are a good many Israelis in favour of this.

Israel accounts for some 15% of all world military exports, which is why the US Gov "aids" the Israeli military, the Pentagon does not want advanced military tech falling in the wrong hands (hello China), and as a result Israel is restricted on who they share what with, even when its their IP. There are also a good few joint military programs between Israel and the US which makes it all the more complicated. Israel also has joint programs with a few other countries without aid agreements, like South Africa, Australia and Germany.

Eventually, Israel and the US will have to become friends, without benefits, but friends nonetheless.

Btw, I hold Israeli citizenship. I want the best for all and this is the way I see it.

I agree. US aid to Israel should end. We should not be offering any troop or monetary subsidies to any nation, regardless of what the terms of our "friendship" is. But this is not what my charge was regarding. It was regarding the baseless claim that Schiff "may" back down on his principles for Israel, with the only defense of this claim being that Schiff descends from a Jewish family.

I've seen more than my fair share of bigots on this board make ridiculous claims that stem only from their own inner hatred of the common Jew, not limited to claims that the Jews are conspiring with, and are part of, the neo-conservative problem, and are Zionists. Such people associate the Federal Reserve, wars, and the mainstream media, with Jews. The OP boils his analysis down to the claim that because Schiff descends from Jews, there is a high chance that he is evil and would sacrifice his principles for the sake of Zionism or the preservation of his "race," when there is indeed a very legitimate reason to morally support the existence of Israel. (Note that I said "morally support," not "financially support.")

In other words, I merely wanted to point out to Mr. qh4dotcom that he probably just took a wrong turn somewhere and meant to end up at Stormfront (http://www.stormfront.org/forum/) instead of the Peter Schiff 2010 forums.

lnieves
06-02-2010, 03:39 AM
He understands that the Iranians nationalized our oil, breaching contract, and that the country has endorsed, and has had direct involvement with, terrorist attacks against Americans.

Whose oil was that, again?

I guess that, by extension, Venezuela should be put also that list of yours of countries which nationalized your oil and deserving the wrath of the US military, but I will stop making wild guesses and let you explain better what you meant by that.

Begood
06-02-2010, 08:17 AM
I agree. US aid to Israel should end. We should not be offering any troop or monetary subsidies to any nation, regardless of what the terms of our "friendship" is. But this is not what my charge was regarding. It was regarding the baseless claim that Schiff "may" back down on his principles for Israel, with the only defense of this claim being that Schiff descends from a Jewish family.

I've seen more than my fair share of bigots on this board make ridiculous claims that stem only from their own inner hatred of the common Jew, not limited to claims that the Jews are conspiring with, and are part of, the neo-conservative problem, and are Zionists. Such people associate the Federal Reserve, wars, and the mainstream media, with Jews. The OP boils his analysis down to the claim that because Schiff descends from Jews, there is a high chance that he is evil and would sacrifice his principles for the sake of Zionism or the preservation of his "race," when there is indeed a very legitimate reason to morally support the existence of Israel. (Note that I said "morally support," not "financially support.")

In other words, I merely wanted to point out to Mr. qh4dotcom that he probably just took a wrong turn somewhere and meant to end up at Stormfront (http://www.stormfront.org/forum/) instead of the Peter Schiff 2010 forums.

There is no legitimate reason to morally support the existence of Israel as it is today. Ignoring all crimes commited by the zionist regime will not make them dissapear. It is an apartheid state and their policies are promoting jewish supremacy over other religions.

And please forget about the antisemetic card. A lot of jews are against the policy of the zionist regime.. See Norman Finkelstein for exemple.. Is he antisemetic? Jack Berstein? Rabbi Weiss? Jewsagainstzionism.com? All self hating jews? C'mon now

Now everyone have a right to support anyone they want.. Including Schiff. The question is, will he use his power as a senator to keep funding Israel or any other country in the world while you guys are bankrupt? I hope not.

And regarding Iran, i will agree with you about bombing them if they seek a nuclear weapons only after Israel, Pakistan and India decide to get rid of their own nuclear arsenal. Until then, Iran have everyright to build a bomb.. And no they are not savages.. you seems to be AntiIranite.

Daamien
06-02-2010, 11:18 PM
This thread seems to be based on the following logic:

Peter Schiff is Jewish
Israel is a Jewish nation
Therefore, Peter Schiff supports Israel
Supporting Israel means you support their government's actions
Ergo, Peter Schiff supports the Israeli government's actions
In conclusion, Peter Schiff supports the Israeli decision to attack aid vessels and supports US foreign aid to Israel

What nonsense. Just because Peter is Jewish (and hardly considers himself devout) has no bearing on the actions of the Israeli government or US relations with Israel. His concerns with Iran are valid and he has stated that he is opposed to unconstitutional warfare, occupations, and foreign aid. He hasn't said or done anything that would make us not believe this (as you imply without basis by saying he might "make an exception").

qh4dotcom, you are acting like a huge troll or prejudiced asshole... perhaps both. If you're not sure about where Peter stands on certain issues, then perhaps you should search google, use the forum search option for prior quotes and discussions, or why not check out the campaign's issues page (http://schiffforsenate.com/?q=issues) instead of "asking" loaded questions to create doubts about Peter and in-fighting amongst supporters. This whole thread should be moved from this forum to the Hot Topics forum.

qh4dotcom
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
This thread seems to be based on the following logic:

Peter Schiff is Jewish
Israel is a Jewish nation
Therefore, Peter Schiff supports Israel
Supporting Israel means you support their government's actions
Ergo, Peter Schiff supports the Israeli government's actions
In conclusion, Peter Schiff supports the Israeli decision to attack aid vessels and supports US foreign aid to Israel

What nonsense. Just because Peter is Jewish (and hardly considers himself devout) has no bearing on the actions of the Israeli government or US relations with Israel. His concerns with Iran are valid and he has stated that he is opposed to unconstitutional warfare, occupations, and foreign aid. He hasn't said or done anything that would make us not believe this (as you imply without basis by saying he might "make an exception").

qh4dotcom, you are acting like a huge troll or prejudiced asshole... perhaps both. If you're not sure about where Peter stands on certain issues, then perhaps you should search google, use the forum search option for prior quotes and discussions, or why not check out the campaign's issues page (http://schiffforsenate.com/?q=issues) instead of "asking" loaded questions to create doubts about Peter and in-fighting amongst supporters. This whole thread should be moved from this forum to the Hot Topics forum.

I just asked a question...I've listened to hundreds of Peter's speeches and in none of those speeches have I heard him oppose foreign aid to any nation. I know the default libertarian position is to oppose government foreign aid...just wanted to be sure Peter wasn't making any exceptions for any country.

Daamien
06-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Explain to me why a person who consistently has criticized all forms of government spending (including military) since at least 2005 would support foreign aid from the US government that he wants to shrink?

Oh, because he's Jewish and that magically exempts Israel?

You sir are blatantly trolling. Peter has said and done nothing to cause you to accuse him of potentially "making exceptions" to his platform. That's the first reason why your question is unjustified. The second reason was that you aren't "just asking a question", you are operating under the faulty assumption that someone who is Jewish (disregarding their statements) probably supports Israel, its government's actions, and aid to Israel. It's fine to ask what Peter's position on Israel and its actions is, but you framed it such that we should "remember that he is Jewish". Again, being Jewish does not equate to supporting Israel. This is extremely flawed logic.

Feel free to redeem yourself by saying it was a poor choice to "remind" us his religion in asking his thoughts regarding Israeli actions and then proceed to ask what every other liberty candidate in their respective forums likely thinks of Israeli actions. We're all waiting.

pacelli
06-03-2010, 04:40 AM

One of the many reasons that every dual US-Israeli citizen in my family voted for Ron Paul is because he wanted to end foreign aid to Israel and all other countries (including Israel's enemies). There are binding clauses connected with the aid that the US is providing, which restricts Israel's ability to engage in self-determination.

I haven't seen any videos of Peter talking about his opinion on foreign aid to Israel, but just because I haven't SEEN it, does not mean that Peter hasn't made statements on the subject. The fact that Peter Schiff is Jewish does not provide us with any indication of his stance toward US aid to Israel.