PDA

View Full Version : Obama proclaims "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month"

Matt Collins
06-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Read it here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/presidential-proclamation-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-pride-month

My objection?
Where in the US Constitution is it authorized for the President to do this? :confused: :rolleyes:

haaaylee
06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Read it here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/presidential-proclamation-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-pride-month

My objection?
Where in the US Constitution is it authorized for the President to do this? :confused: :rolleyes:

He can "declare" whatever he wants via freedom of speech. My problem is that with everything that is going on in this country (or world, for that matter) this man finds the time to figure out which month he wants to declare as a pride month for a certain sect of people? Complete waste of time.

UPDATE:

Actually, this is ridiculous:
"NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2010 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. "

Zippyjuan
06-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Well it is a group which turns out to vote in large numbers- and tends to go heavily Democratic.

CasualApathy
06-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Does it cost anything?

MelissaWV
06-01-2010, 01:18 PM
June 2010 is Pride Month? What about every year thereafter?

Every month is "something" month. It's a time-waster and yes, it does "cost" money because we're paying these bozos to come up with this shit :(

TonySutton
06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I would rather him proclaim Pride Month than to sign a pork stuffed spending bill...

Bill Clinton did it back in 2000. It is just pandering to supporters. Most politicians do it, most of it is a waste of money.

Vessol
06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
How about a "I'm a Human and that's all that really fucking matters" Month.

Kludge
06-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Illegal Immigrant Awareness Month? When's that a'comin?

Brian4Liberty
06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
"Young man, there's no need to feel down!"

YouTube - YMCA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k)

Depressed Liberator
06-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Meh, I don't really care if it's not costing anything. Just some empty words to make some people happy.

Vessol
06-01-2010, 01:29 PM
<--Is expecting by page 5 for the morality police to show up and proclaim how evil and immoral this is blah blah blah

Matt Collins
06-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Meh, I don't really care if it's not costing anything. Just some empty words to make some people happy.
Whether or not something costs is NOT the threshold as to whether or not the federal government should or should not choose to do something. The fundamental question is "does the US Constitution grant this power to the federal government"? :rolleyes:

Fox McCloud
06-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Awesome, and something I wish more people took to heart.

Anti Federalist
06-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Since we seem to be in the habit now of proclaiming pride in sexual matters how about a "Well endowed penis month"?

Or "Cunnilingus awareness Month"?

(There, I just killed this thread) :D

TheFlashlight.org
06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
When will compulsive handwashers get the government sanctioned pride that they deserve? Or lazy people?

ChaosControl
06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
But I don't want June to be the gay month. :(

Why can't we give them some cold month like february?

TonySutton
06-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Because all of the gay guys are smok'n hawt! :P

acptulsa
06-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Actually, this is ridiculous:
"NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2010 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. "

:confused:

:confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

:mad:

Brett
06-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Is there a staight pride month?

I'm such an anti-minority. Straight white Christian male :(. I demand favorable hiring and free money.

MelissaWV
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM

Well, February is already Black History Month.

Of course, June is already designated as the official month for many causes:

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. A celebration of Asian and Pacific Island culture and heritage. May was named Asian and Pacific Island Heritage Month by President George H.W. Bush in 1990. The month is celebrated with community festivals, government-sponsored activities, and educational activities.

Brain Tumor Awareness Month. The House of Representatives declared May “National Brain Tumor Awareness Month” in 2008, in response to the brain tumor diagnosis of Sen. Edward Kennedy, (1932-2009). For more information on brain tumor issues, go to the North American Brain Tumor Coalition Web site, www.nabraintumor.org.

Better Sleep Month. Sleep is essential to a healthy life, but 95 percent of Americans report difficulty sleeping at some time in their lives. Infants require 12–14 hours of sleep, whereas seniors may require only 6–8 hours. For tips on getting the sleep you need, go to http://www.medicinenet.com/sleep/article.htm.

National Arthritis Month. Some 46 million Ameri*cans are living with arthritis, the nation’s leading cause of disability. The Arthritis Foundation encour*ages people with arthritis to stay active and exercise 20–30 minutes a day, three times a week or more. Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle is important. For more information, go to www.arthritis.org.

I wish I were joking.

Pizzo
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
From here on out June will be Fabulous.

haaaylee
06-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I guess this means they are going to have to reschedule their gay parades last minute, how inconsiderate of Obama . . .

TruckinMike
06-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Obama proclaims "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month"

Thats OK with me, I heard that he was proclaiming July to be "Sexy trucker month".

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/Cybergor/truckiebf6.jpg

TMikehttp://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/images/smilies/roundies/biggrin_25523.gif

Matt Collins
06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
From here on out June will be Fabulous.Pronounced "Fab-u-lith" :D ;) :p

TC95
06-01-2010, 03:02 PM
<--Is expecting by page 5 for the morality police to show up and proclaim how evil and immoral this is blah blah blah

This is evil and immoral. Think, "Sodom and Gomorrah".

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-eighth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand ten, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-fourth. (emphasis mine)

Yeah, I'm sure the Lord is pleased considering He destroyed a couple cities for this. Genesis 19 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+19&version=KJV)

Vessol
06-01-2010, 03:26 PM
This is evil and immoral. Think, "Sodom and Gomorrah".

Yeah, I'm sure the Lord is pleased considering He destroyed a couple cities for this. Genesis 19 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+19&version=KJV)

Is God mad that I worked Sunday too?

amy31416
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Since we seem to be in the habit now of proclaiming pride in sexual matters how about a "Well endowed penis month"?

Or "Cunnilingus awareness Month"?

(There, I just killed this thread) :D

Killed it?

Hell, you just kicked it off!

Anti Federalist
06-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Killed it?

Hell, you just kicked it off!

;)

M House
06-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Awesome! I'm gonna watch this thread see where it goes.

paulitics
06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
How about short people? Short people are bullied in school. Did you know short people make less money than their tall counterparts? Has there ever been a short president?

There needs to be a law to bridge this gap because short people are obviously treated less than equal.

M House
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Short chicks get access to a larger dating pool according to wiki. Must not be all bad, that and you can always use the 5th seat in a compact car.

James Madison
06-01-2010, 04:20 PM
How about short people? Short people are bullied in school. Did you know short people make less money than their tall counterparts? Has there ever been a short president?

There needs to be a law to bridge this gap because short people are obviously treated less than equal.

Madison's the shortest president at 5'4''. Although I would wager most of the people who voted for him never actually knew what the man looked like...

libertythor
06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
As a gay man I have to say, "This is just gay!". :D

No segment of the population should ever need a special month, other than Veterans.

M House
06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I bet he wore platform shoes.

MelissaWV
06-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Jesus was allegedly pretty short, at least if you consider the average height during His lifetime.

God also wants us to destroy any clay pots which are touched by women who have their period. The Bible is an interesting read.

James Madison
06-01-2010, 04:28 PM

Technically, the Sabbath was originally on Saturday but whatever. Keeping of the Sabbath is only required of Jews, not Christians.

TheFlashlight.org
06-01-2010, 04:34 PM
As a gay man I have to say, "This is just gay!". :D

No segment of the population should ever need a special month, other than Veterans.

Yeah, I'd support that, except for the veterans who just couldn't get a better job and wanted to get the hell out of the podunk one Walmart one MacDonalds cesspool of a town they were born into. But, yeah, the rest of the veterans.

Theocrat
06-01-2010, 04:42 PM
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2010 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon all Americans to observe this month by fighting prejudice and discrimination in their own lives and everywhere it exists.

Obama wants us to "fight prejudice and discrimination in our own lives," but he would definitely not fight against the prejudice and discrimination towards those people who have moral/social problems with LGBTs.

Let that be another testimony that our federal government is not neutral when it comes to the moral affairs of its citizens. We have our own President supporting immoral behavior, and we wonder why we're no closer to liberty in our nation.

MelissaWV
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM

Wrong... page 4 :)

BuddyRey
06-01-2010, 06:46 PM
But wouldn't that overlap with Acne Awareness Month?

BlackTerrel
06-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm not exactly pro-gay by any stretch. But I really could care less. Also June is all kinds of months. It's whatever you want to pay attention to I guess.

I got this in an email a couple days ago:

AFRICAN-AMERICAN MUSIC APPRECIATION MONTH

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/African-American-Music-Appreciation-Month/

The legacy of African-American composers, singers, songwriters, and musicians is an indelible piece of our Nation's culture. Generations of African Americans have carried forward the musical traditions of their forebears, blending old styles with innovative rhythms and sounds. They have enriched American music and captured the diversity of our Nation. During African-American Music Appreciation Month, we honor this rich heritage.

This legacy tells a story of ingenuity and faith. Amidst the injustice of slavery, African Americans lifted their voices to the heavens through spirituals. This religious music united African Americans and helped sustain them through one of the darkest periods in our Nation's history. Years later, spirituals contributed to the advent of a new form of music: gospel. Both styles incorporated elements of African music and were rooted in faith.

The African-American music tradition also reflects creativity and individualism. Blues, jazz, soul, and rock and roll synthesize various musical traditions to create altogether new sounds. Their novel chord progressions, improvisation, and mood showcase individual musicians while also creating a cohesive musical unit. In addition, African-American composers have thrived in traditional genres such as musical theater, opera, classical symphony, and choral music, providing their unique imprint and creatively growing these forms of music. All of these contributions are treasured across America and the world.

During African-American Music Appreciation Month, we recall the known and unknown musicians who helped create this musical history. Their contributions help illuminate the human experience and spirit, and they help us reflect on our Nation's ongoing narrative.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2009 as African-American Music Appreciation Month. I call upon public officials, educators, and all the people of the United States to observe this month with appropriate more activities and programs that raise awareness and foster appreciation of music which is composed, arranged, and performed by African Americans.

TheFlashlight.org
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm not exactly pro-gay by any stretch. But I really could care less. Also June is all kinds of months. It's whatever you want to pay attention to I guess.

I got this in an email a couple days ago:

AFRICAN-AMERICAN MUSIC APPRECIATION MONTH

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/African-American-Music-Appreciation-Month/

I'm cool with that, brother man. White people love black music.

YouTube - Martha & the Vandellas - Heatwave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2fnYpwrng&feature=related)

Michael Landon
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Would "Heterosexual Pride Month" be homophobic?

Would "White Pride Month" be racist?

- ML

Kludge
06-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Would "Heterosexual Pride Month" be homophobic?

Would "White Pride Month" be racist?

- ML

In support of the free markets, I think we should start a libertarian-conservative infotainment organization to be called White Entertainment Television (W.E.T.). We could cover important topics like Obama's inability to serve as president because he was born in Africa, the Progressive agenda of Mexicans in America, and the Zionist Jews' agenda to destroy America!

Barack Obama doesn't care about white people.

TheFlashlight.org
06-01-2010, 08:55 PM
In support of the free markets, I think we should start a libertarian-conservative infotainment organization to be called White Entertainment Television (W.E.T.). We could cover important topics like Obama's inability to serve as president because he was born in Africa, the Progressive agenda of Mexicans in America, and the Zionist Jews' agenda to destroy America!

Riiiiiiiiight.

The Patriot
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM

I think less people would be offended by a white shame month than a white pride month, unfortunately. :(

BlackTerrel
06-01-2010, 09:34 PM

Go for it.

Matt Collins
06-01-2010, 09:52 PM
My thread is now epic fail. Thank you all very much. :rolleyes: :(

James Madison
06-01-2010, 11:09 PM
My thread is now epic fail. Thank you all very much. :rolleyes: :(

I wouldn't say that. Sometimes I need a break from all the insanity in the world.;)

Aratus
06-01-2010, 11:45 PM
matt collins, this is an issue we all could pose some intense questions to jack conway about...

Matt Collins
06-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Wow... I don't even remember posting this thread.

Fox McCloud
06-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Is there a staight pride month?

I'm such an anti-minority. Straight white Christian male :(. I demand favorable hiring and free money.

what's truly pathetic is if you had a "Christian Pride Day", "White Pride Day", "Male Pride" day, or the like, you'd be ridiculed as the most bigoted, racist person there is....I fail to see how it's any different to elevate a minority.

Dr.3D
06-20-2010, 04:32 PM
what's truly pathetic is if you had a "Christian Pride Day", "White Pride Day", "Male Pride" day, or the like, you'd be ridiculed as the most bigoted, racist person there is....I fail to see how it's any different to elevate a minority.

LOL... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2758813#post2758813

Notice the time of the posting. LOL

Fox McCloud
06-20-2010, 04:35 PM
LOL... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2758813#post2758813

Notice the time of the posting. LOL

You know what they say about great minds =p

but gee, wow, same exact time; that's pretty impressive.

Kregisen
06-20-2010, 04:50 PM

+1

acptulsa
06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Well, if they were as concerned about being PC as they pretend to be, they'd declare a 'Group or Tribe of Your Choice Day' and be done with it.

If you don't want in on the riot, just stay away from the parade. Simple, no?

Andrew-Austin
06-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Does this mean they gotta feel ashamed every other month of the year?

Anti Federalist
06-01-2023, 12:00 PM
We all missed the hammer that was going to crush us.

Brian4Liberty
06-01-2023, 12:15 PM
We all missed the hammer that was going to crush us.

Obama was always a key player in fundamentally transforming America.

Anti Federalist
06-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Obama was always a key player in fundamentally transforming America.

You can see from these responses that many did not take them seriously, including me.

Would any of have been so laissez-faire if we knew, just 10 years later this would be in store:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxiqU5saMAAUuQh?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxi6LU-acAA7UX0?format=jpg&name=medium

https://twitter.com/i/status/1664248278903590912

https://twitter.com/i/status/1664077185530105857

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxaTYYkaAAICTLc?format=jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/i/status/1663322740697493505