PDA

View Full Version : Example Of Anti-Rand Paul Propaganda Article

anaconda
06-01-2010, 12:47 PM
This is the kind of slop that if we prepare intelligent responses to we can win people over to the libertarian solutions to our social problems.

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/issues/2010/06/paul_racisim.html

I want to write a letter to this bozo. Can anyone help me? iNITIAL REACTIONS:

1) This guy says that Rand has spoken in favor of repealing certain parts of the 14th Amendment. I don't belive this is true. Can anyone confirm?

2) He says Rand would have been in favor of the bus company telling Rosa Parks that she had to sit in the back of the bus. But I don't think this is true because the bus company had a public contract. It might not even have been a private company.

3) PLUS, unless I am mistaken, there were Jim Crow laws that said Rosa Parks had to sit in the back of the bus. Rand's whole philosophy is diametrically opposed to this.

4) Again, yet another article that fails to address the over reaches of the government give us a police state and economic ruin.

acptulsa
06-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Step one: Accuse them of using the racist card to beat on the people they don't like regardless of the facts. Tell them they're no better than msnbc (or was that CNN, it's so hard to tell the difference) using a photo of a black libertarian at an Arizona tea party to promote their claim of racism (after they cropped off his head, of course).

Step two: Inform them that personal rights mean more to us than to them; if they didn't they wouldn't trample so many of the things.

Step three: Well, try this for ideas:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=247795

TheDriver
06-01-2010, 12:54 PM
2) He says Ran would have been in favor of the bus company telling Rosa Parks that she had to sit in the back of the bus. But I don't think this is true because the bus company had a public contract. It might not even have been a private company.

Even if it was private ( I think it was a Montgomery city bus) it wouldn't matter. Private companies had to operate under government mandated Jim Crow laws. No private business could afford to have a black bus following the white bus at all stops, so, they were forced to divide the seating on the buses for white vs black to comply with Jim Crow laws.

lordindra3
06-01-2010, 01:43 PM
1) This guy says that Rand has spoken in favor of repealing certain parts of the 14th Amendment. I don't belive this is true. Can anyone confirm?

2) He says Rand would have been in favor of the bus company telling Rosa Parks that she had to sit in the back of the bus. But I don't think this is true because the bus company had a public contract. It might not even have been a private company.

3) PLUS, unless I am mistaken, there were Jim Crow laws that said Rosa Parks had to sit in the back of the bus. Rand's whole philosophy is diametrically opposed to this.

4) Again, yet another article that fails to address the over reaches of the government give us a police state and economic ruin.

1) No, Rand's position is completely constitutional. That part was added so that slaves could become citizens. You can see how that is outdated and it would be a terrible comparison to compare illegals to slaves. One was forced here and raped and brutalized and the other CHOSE to come here and then takes our money and sends it else where and lastly abuses our welfare system and drains it. Also you can say that its not a correct reading of the 15th ammendment. A sovereign nation has a right to know who is coming into its country. If they are here illegally, then they are basically a ghost and to have a child here is as if they were not born on this soil. This interpretation of the 14th ammendment is based in PC. Its rediculous. Lastly, it IS CONSTITUTIONAL to ammend the constitution and repeal. How is that unconstitutional?

2 and others) Yes, these buses have public contracts and would be illegal and Rand is in favor of that. Rand would make it so Rosa would not have to sit in the back of the bus. Thats rediculous.