PDA

View Full Version : Why a doctor is better than a lawyer/fat cat/establishment insider

manny
10-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Have you guys seen this video:

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Romney_would_jail_MS_patient_for_1008.html

What a contrast with the compassionate nature of Dr Paul, especially his willingness when he was a doctor to always care for people, regardless of wealth.

I think RP's character is one of his strongest cards to play. I know it ought to be about foreign policy, monetary issues, civil liberties etc. but many people choose on gut instinct and I think this video shows what kind of man Romney is. I've read a lot of people complaining that the reference to his family in the A New Hope youtube video was something they disagreed with. Maybe youtube wizards can use this clip in a future video? Especially given how Romney always talks about his health care reforms as Governor.

Coupled with his "I don't know the constitution, I'll ask lawyers" comment how can anyone consider this guy a front runner?! I wouldn't trust him to run a bath, nevermind a country.

(BTW, I haven't posted much here but have been lurking for months, have spoken to a few guys in the chat room - I'm English so, alas, can't vote [ &- our head of state is chosen by birth ;) ] ... hope you don't mind me posting on your forum. Dr Paul has been a hero to me for some years and I think, as much as anything given the dire competition he's up against for Republican nomination, this is a great opportunity! And the effort you're all putting in is inspirational. Above all I want the wars to end. )

Corydoras
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, Manny! I enjoy seeing foreign supporters of Ron Paul, because they help remind us that getting Ron Paul elected will help the whole world.

One of the things I appreciate about Ron Paul is the way he has the doctor's impartial attitude that if the attempted cure doesn't work, you don't keep doing it!

manny
10-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the forum, Manny! I enjoy seeing foreign supporters of Ron Paul, because they help remind us that getting Ron Paul elected will help the whole world.

One of the things I appreciate about Ron Paul is the way he has the doctor's impartial attitude that if the attempted cure doesn't work, you don't keep doing it!

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is true that Ron Paul has a genuine international following. I don't just mean name-awareness, I mean people caring that he wins of the sort every other candidate would kill for.

I send youtube vids to all my American friends and have emailed a couple of newspapers here asking why they don't do articles on him. Of course Brits can't vote but I think it's about creating a certain momentum, which can only help and is something indiviudals can do. When the "race" kicked off there was article after article here about Obama and his net support & big crowds. Nothing about RP :( ... I believe that if Rudy, Romney, McCain or Thompson were getting even a quarter of RP's crowds/internet viewing/sign making the mass media all over the world would be proclaiming a huge movement and the coming of the internet age. If only I lived in America I would be going door-to-door until they arrested me for causing a nuisance!

So keep up the good work guys. There really is a whole world willing you on and every individual does make a difference. Good luck!