PDA

View Full Version : just watched dr. paul on the newshour

sunny
10-12-2007, 06:00 PM
boy o boy he is one beautiful man. i don't know how anybody could not listen to
him and watch him and not come away thinking what an incredibly nice person he is.

and of course intelligent and good looking! lol

what a guy!

i am totally and completely in love and i don't care who knows it!

quickmike
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM
him and watch him and not come away thinking what an incredibly nice person he is.

what a guy!

i am totally and completely in love and i don't care who knows it!

STALKER!!!! :D

wgadget
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Yuppers!!! That's my guy!!!

I'm so proud of him!

sunny
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
STALKER!!!! :D

you betcha! lol!!!

Nefertiti
10-12-2007, 06:07 PM

what a guy!

I always get creeped out when I read stuff like that because he looks just like my father, even the facial expressions! If my father dyed his eyebrows black and cut his hair and had a little stronger voice he could have a second career as a Ron Paul impersonator!

andrewgreve
10-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Youtube video or it didn't happen.

dircha
10-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Audio:
http://www-tc.pbs.org/newshour/rss/media/2007/10/12/20071012_paul28.mp3

murph
10-12-2007, 06:16 PM
That interview was awesome. He had an opportunity to give his views on a wide variety of issues, he was calm and presidential, and his message - as always - was music to my ears. How anyone could watch that interview and still want to vote for Hillarama Giuliomney is beyond me. Outstanding performance!!!!

Vaughn
10-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I think this was one of his best interviews, really Ron was very substantive. His explanation of the debt helped to convince my mom that he was not a cook. Now she actually likes him a bit :) . So it was worth it for me!

margomaps
10-12-2007, 06:51 PM
This is the second or third interview I've seen with Ron in the past few days where he goes out of his way to say that he wouldn't coldheartedly cutoff medicare/SS/name-your-favorite-welfare-program. He compassionately notes that a lot of people have become dependent on government programs, and that we could afford to support these people -- while weaning later generations from dependency -- if we scaled back our foreign policy spending.

I'm really glad he's doing this because a lot of Ron Paul skeptics have been saying he would just slash and burn everything without regard to poor people, the elderly, etc. He comes across as very reasonable and caring, even while making the point that government needs to stop being involved in social welfare as soon as possible.

Give me liberty
10-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Yup i watched it to that was a great interview :)

Sometimes pbs can be good.

Nefertiti
10-12-2007, 06:53 PM
The only thing that bothered me about the interview was she kept asking him what he would do domestically and he kept harping on how we needed to get our troops home in order to do things domestically, but never went into much detail about what he would do domestically. She asked him twice and seemed frustrated that he was dodging the question.

dircha
10-12-2007, 07:01 PM
The only thing that bothered me about the interview was she kept asking him what he would do domestically and he kept harping on how we needed to get our troops home in order to do things domestically, but never went into much detail about what he would do domestically. She asked him twice and seemed frustrated that he was dodging the question.

If you listen through it again I think you'll find they covered many things he wants to do domestically.

But he, rightly I think, spent most of the time in his answers putting those things in context. Because people's first reactions to those things are that they are too much, that they are scary, and that they can't be done.

So Dr. Paul spent a great deal of time explaining how he would implement these policies through a transition period, and that he would fund that transition period by recalling our military forces from around the world.

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I always get creeped out when I read stuff like that because he looks just like my father, even the facial expressions! If my father dyed his eyebrows black and cut his hair and had a little stronger voice he could have a second career as a Ron Paul impersonator!

It's funny you say that, he looks like my wife's dad too! And her dad is even from Texas, so they sound alike!

LibertyEagle
10-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Did someone get this video recorded? I hope so. It's things like these that we can use on DVDs and even on TV commercials.

sunny
10-12-2007, 07:33 PM
sorry folks,
didn't mean to creep anybody out........let me put it this way - i just love him to
pieces for the incredibly beautiful man that he is..........is that better? lol
i hope so.

liberty - there's a link on www.dailypaul.com on homepage.

sunny

Eric21ND
10-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Exactly! I'm putting this on DVD once it's on youtube.

jj111
10-12-2007, 08:18 PM

I have the feeling that once Ron becomes president, there are going to be some pretty funny Ron Paul impersonators on comedy TV!

jj111
10-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I think this was one of his best interviews, really Ron was very substantive. His explanation of the debt helped to convince my mom that he was not a cook. Now she actually likes him a bit :) . So it was worth it for me!

How do you know Ron doesn't know how to cook? :)

jj111
10-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I think we should email Judy Woodruff and Lehrer Hour for the wonderful interview.

jj111
10-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Contact info to Lehrer News Hour to give your praise:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/letters.html

wgadget
10-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Done. Thanks for the link!

G-khan
10-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Email sent.