PDA

View Full Version : CNN Article on Rand's comments re: illegal immigrant kid citizenshp gets 310 comments

sailingaway
05-31-2010, 10:26 AM
and not as one sided as I suspect they anticipated. Comments are closed, but I thought this was interesting.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/28/paul-no-citizenship-for-children-of-undocumented-immigrants/?fbid=0OWvMy_Jxht

Obviously, a bunch of posters against this idea do not exemplify thought in Kentucky.

lordindra3
05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
I hate when they call them "undocumented" immigrants. Oh my God, peoples, are we really that hyper sensitive as a nation to not want to hurt ANYBODY's feelings here? Call them what they are. Jeez....

lordindra3
05-31-2010, 11:16 AM
As far as the comments go: Like all liberals, they dont have an argument, history is NOT ever on their side for examples and they have no track record of prosperity as a result of their policies so what do they do? They just call him a racist and hypocrite when he is neither. The 14th ammendment had the wording changed hundred plus years ago. The government is supposed to know EVERYBODY who is here, thus the constitution allows a Census every decade, but if you are here illegally, to the law, you are a ghost and you shouldnt be able to create a citizen through a bloody loophole. Its rediculous and Rand IS RIGHT that it IS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED. I a peace loving Buddhist man, but I really start to HATE the left some times!

MRK
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Like most of you, I've been reading message boards and community input sites for a long time. And I've come to find that most of the people who comment on CNN articles really are the bottom of the intellectual barrel.

HamsomeGuy
05-31-2010, 11:31 AM
We are the only country I know of that allows people to come in illegally, have a baby, and then that baby becomes a citizen," Paul said. "And I think that should stop also."

So what he is saying he do want civil rights end alone with illegally citized that have baby in this country. The whole problem with these racist nuts is they can not stand any body other then a white person having rights in this country. RIGHTS FOR WHITES ONLY!

Lulz, he mad.

HamsomeGuy
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
So... basically the more this windbag blows hot air the less credible he is as someone we should take seriously? By all means dude, keep talking.

Reeks of butthurt.

HamsomeGuy
05-31-2010, 11:43 AM
As far as the comments go: Like all liberals, they dont have an argument, history is NOT ever on their side for examples and they have no track record of prosperity as a result of their policies so what do they do? They just call him a racist and hypocrite when he is neither. The 14th ammendment had the wording changed hundred plus years ago. The government is supposed to know EVERYBODY who is here, thus the constitution allows a Census every decade, but if you are here illegally, to the law, you are a ghost and you shouldnt be able to create a citizen through a bloody loophole. Its rediculous and Rand IS RIGHT that it IS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED. I a peace loving Buddhist man, but I really start to HATE the left some times!

Disregard liberals, acquire intelligence.

That's why I don't argue with them anymore. It's pointless. You can even give them all the literature on the benefits of freedom and they still won't come around.

Plus most of the time, they've already made up their mind about libertarians and conservatives, so anything you say will trigger their "ignore this retard" reflex.

Kludge
05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Eh.

"Ron Paul drinks Fiji water" has over 400 replies.

dannno
05-31-2010, 12:04 PM
I hate when they call them "undocumented" immigrants. Oh my God, peoples, are we really that hyper sensitive as a nation to not want to hurt ANYBODY's feelings here? Call them what they are. Jeez....

Isn't that what they are :confused:

jmdrake
05-31-2010, 12:34 PM
It's too bad the comments are closed. And it's too bad that most people agreeing with Rand didn't articulate the constitutional issue. The 14th amendment only applies to people born in the U.S. and subject to the jurisdiction thereof. Prior to the U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark case in 1898 children of immigrants (legal or illegal) were not citizens because they were not "subject to the jurisdiction" of the U.S. (Slaves were always counted for representation so the 14th amendment applied to them and their children as it was designed to do.) The Wong Kim Ark case technically doesn't apply to illegal immigrants because Wong's parents were legal immigrants.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitu tion

lordindra3
05-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Danno- Yes, they are "undocumented", but the point is that they dont call them illegal due to not wanting to hurt people's feelings. The more PC we are, the more we are strangled from solving societal ills. Nobody says anything when people criticize "majorities" (if thats even a word)...

An example of what Im talking about is how they do things in Japan (by the way, the 2nd most advanced and prosperous nation on Earth, next to US yet they dont have the crap we have)... Crime usually comes with massive immigration, not due to race, but due to poverty. Immigrants in massive numbers usually come as a result of poverty and usually stay in poverty for the most part (there are many many exceptions to this rule). So in Japan, opposed to the rest of the 1st world advanced western nations, crime with immigrants, per capita is very very low. Why? Once theory is that when a certain immigrant peoples commit crimes, Japanese news papers really call them out on it and it creates alot of shame in the communities and the communities actually police their own in this regard because they know the social pressure it brings. Yet, in the US, if there is a large percentage of crime within a particular immigrant group, we have to say its due to "lack of opportunity" or something we have done that we are the ones to blame. Then we just say the cure of that is to give them social benefits and other rules that will give them more.

Look, its hard for me to say these things on other forums because of the 'stigma' of such P'i'C'ness of this. But that is wrong because I am extremely aware that it has nothing to do with peoples race or ethnicity but rather poverty. Peoples who are poor get wellfare, well fare begets more poverty and more poverty begets more crime (this is true among whites too. I am white, my children are half white and my wife is naturalized citizen so I love immigrants, but I still have principals). Its a universal law. Whats the solution to this problem? Fix the wellfare state and end rediculous PC garbage.

How do we end the wellfare state? Start voting in Libertarian Republicans like Rand Paul and many many more. Have you noticed that the most poor, ghetto, crime ridden down trodden places in the US constantly elect ONLY Democrats and their problems just get worse and worse and worse? Why is that? Because the wellfare state only creates more and more and more problems, crime and joblessness, oh and also the worst of education systems. "Government is the not the solutions to our problems. Government is the problem!"-Ronald Reagan (a man who's symbol is key, but actual deeds was lack luster and spotty at best)

furface
05-31-2010, 04:59 PM
"Undocumented" implies legitimacy with merely the lack of documentation. This is not the case with illegal aliens.

I'm all for helping Latinos out. However, let's help them fix Mexico instead of turning America into Mexico. We should be more concerned with fixing the problems in Mexico than messing with other people in the Middle East. Reason? What happens in Mexico affects the US in a big way.

BlackTerrel
05-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Like most of you, I've been reading message boards and community input sites for a long time. And I've come to find that most of the people who comment on CNN articles really are the bottom of the intellectual barrel.

Reading the comments on articles is a terrible way to gauge public opinion. An article with a million views will be lucky to get 1,000 comments. The vast vast majority of people do not comment - and those that do are not exactly representative.

Zatch
05-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Best comment: "what a maroon... what an embezzle..."

GunnyFreedom
05-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Eh.

"Ron Paul drinks Fiji water" has over 400 replies.

teh winnar!