PDA

View Full Version : Drudge has Rand's poll results on front page!

BamaFanNKy
05-31-2010, 09:58 AM
http://drudgereport.com/

sailingaway
05-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Excellent!!

I looked there yesterday, but they weren't up.

I have to say, though, I hate the presentation of that front page....

thomas-in-ky
05-31-2010, 10:43 AM
NICE!
But I agree... it's hard to find on that page...
Center column, halfway down.

BamaFanNKy
05-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Doesn't matter. People read drudge's whole page. He's one of those guys you look at ALL headlines.

Harald
05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Is there something other than the front page on Drudge?

BlackTerrel
05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Excellent!!

I looked there yesterday, but they weren't up.

I have to say, though, I hate the presentation of that front page....

Was about to say the same thing.

Is Drudge really that popular? I barely check his site but I find the whole thing to be a terrible layout and not very professional looking. I'm amazed so many people like it.

amisspelledword
05-31-2010, 02:50 PM
I hate the presentation of that front page....

i cant handle it, i dont visit specifically because the layout gives me headaches

Is Drudge really that popular? I barely check his site but I find the whole thing to be a terrible layout and not very professional looking. I'm amazed so many people like it.

very popular! dont you remember the drama when it was / wasnt blocked from being read in the congresspeoples' offices?

BamaFanNKy
05-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Was about to say the same thing.

I check it daily. He has all the stories people talk about. Say what you want..... dude gets some traffic!

BlackTerrel
05-31-2010, 04:46 PM
I check it daily. He has all the stories people talk about. Say what you want..... dude gets some traffic!

Why?

Not being facetious... genuinely curious as to why he is so popular. Is he better at breaking news than others? Do you like his interface?

I really like Google News. It is clean, breaks things down by topic. Lets' me search etc...

Compare Drudge to this...

http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn

low preference guy
05-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Why?

Not being facetious... genuinely curious as to why he is so popular. Is he better at breaking news than others? Do you like his interface?

I really like Google News. It is clean, breaks things down by topic. Lets' me search etc...

Because of the editing and provocative headlines.

Here is an example of funny editing. Sex and the city finished 3rd in the weekend. This is how Drudge announces it:

NOT TONIGHT: 3RD PLACE FINISH FOR 'SEX'...

Right now there are other funny items:

Cage fighter 'rips out still-beating heart of training partner'...

'Satan was in that dude'...

And sometimes they leak stories before they are published in other places. They broke the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

BlackTerrel
05-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks.. gotcha.

Also I didn't realize he leaked the Lewinsky thing.

low preference guy
05-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Lewinsky Flashback:

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2002/01/17/20020117_175502_ml.htm

BamaFanNKy
05-31-2010, 07:54 PM
And sometimes they leak stories before they are published in other places. They broke the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
This more than anything. He breaks quite a few stories.

Agorism
05-31-2010, 08:04 PM
I want to find the video where drudge says he's a ron paul supporter

teamrican1
06-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Why?

I love the interface. Probably the best designed website on the internet. Drudge is popular for a lot of reasons. When he first started back in 1994 he was the only real quality news aggregator in the game. Everybody who was the internet savvy had his site bookmarked. Then he broke the Lewinsky scandal and achieved worldwide popularity. So there is a longevity factor. Just as important is the quality factor. Simply put, Drudge is the best newsman in the world. On any given day you can go to his site and get the run down on pretty much every story worth knowing. And he lays it out in a old school, sensationalist style with gripping headlines. The other thing about Drudge is his honesty. "Breaking News" on Fox or CNN means just random everyday news they scroll at the bottom of the screen every hour. Drudge doesn't use the word "breaking" unless it is a huge story that is actually breaking. And if you see that super-sized font and that alarm siren, you know without a shadow of a doubt that the story is going to be big.

Drudge is entertaining, thorough, simple, and honest. How many websites can you say that about? If you want to talk about classic, all time great internet sites Drudge and IMDB would be the two that would pop in to my mind first.

itshappening
06-01-2010, 07:37 AM
I also guarantee Drudge reads RPF because when members have complained about Ron or Rand coverage, he responds in a matter of days via linking stories . it's no coincidence

KYJacksonian
06-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Here's a hypothesis I'm going to throw out here to (partially) explain the past two poll results (R2K and SurveyUSA). I was reading on Wikipedia about something called the "Shy Tory" factor. It's sort of the British version of the mythical-Bradley effect here in the United States (mythical because it was Armenians that put George Deukmeijian over the top in 1982, not those bigoted white people). Anyways, pollsters in British elections began to suspect that the reason for the Conservatives performing so well compared to their poll numbers in the 1990s (even in 1997, Blair was projected to win an even greater landslide than the one he actually won) was that people were afraid to tell pollsters who they really intended to vote for.

Now to make this relevant to Rand Paul. With the CRA and other non-issues creeping into the KY Senate campaign, I think it is quite likely that we are simply dealing with suburban conservatives who are afraid to tell live pollsters who they really support because the mainstream media told them that it wasn't OK. So, as we go on towards the middle of summer and CRA resides, I fully expect that even if lieberal DailyKos does another poll in KY, that there will be at least a double-digit lead for Rand as the supporters become willing to voice who they really intend to vote for.

Rand will always do much better than the polls show. The GOP primary proved that. He was projected to win by ~15, he won by 24. Just something to bear in mind to tell anyone who asks about polls.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 06:51 AM
I love the interface. Probably the best designed website on the internet. Drudge is popular for a lot of reasons. When he first started back in 1994 he was the only real quality news aggregator in the game. Everybody who was the internet savvy had his site bookmarked. Then he broke the Lewinsky scandal and achieved worldwide popularity. So there is a longevity factor. Just as important is the quality factor. Simply put, Drudge is the best newsman in the world. On any given day you can go to his site and get the run down on pretty much every story worth knowing. And he lays it out in a old school, sensationalist style with gripping headlines. The other thing about Drudge is his honesty. "Breaking News" on Fox or CNN means just random everyday news they scroll at the bottom of the screen every hour. Drudge doesn't use the word "breaking" unless it is a huge story that is actually breaking. And if you see that super-sized font and that alarm siren, you know without a shadow of a doubt that the story is going to be big.

Drudge is entertaining, thorough, simple, and honest. How many websites can you say that about? If you want to talk about classic, all time great internet sites Drudge and IMDB would be the two that would pop in to my mind first.

I also guarantee Drudge reads RPF because when members have complained about Ron or Rand coverage, he responds in a matter of days via linking stories . it's no coincidence

Just caught this today:

THANKS FOR MAKING MAY 2010 THE LARGEST MAY IN DRUDGEREPORT'S 15 YEAR HISTORY! THE PAGE WAS VIEWED 784,621,221 TIMES [PASSING LAST MAY'S 600,973,530]...