PDA

View Full Version : Obama at new low of 42% after bad week:BP and Sestak (stench of crude and corruption)

lynnf
05-31-2010, 05:00 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7783408/Barack-Obamas-credibility-hits-rock-bottom-after-oil-spill-and-Sestak-scandal.html

It was perhaps a fitting end to one of the worst weeks of Obama presidency, in which a Rasmussen one poll pegged his popularity at a new low of 42 percent. In an environment in which Americans are disillusioned and cynical about Washington and all it stands for, the Clinton-Sestak manoeuvre could be a political calamity for Obama.

libertythor
05-31-2010, 05:18 AM
The "rock star candidate" is now strung out and about to wake up with a 500 pound groupie...

ninepointfive
05-31-2010, 10:34 AM
The "rock star candidate" is now strung out and about to wake up with a 500 pound groupie...

ftw

qh4dotcom
05-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Kind of sad that it takes a disaster of this magnitude to bring Obama's approval numbers down. The bad economy couldn't bring his numbers down to 42%, his lack of respect for the Constitution couldn't do it, the crappy job he's doing couldn't do it, etc....but an oil spill did...so now what? More oil is supposed to leak out so he goes into the 30s?

libertybrewcity
05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Kind of sad that it takes a disaster of this magnitude to bring Obama's approval numbers down. The bad economy couldn't bring his numbers down to 42%, his lack of respect for the Constitution couldn't do it, the crappy job he's doing couldn't do it, etc....but an oil spill did...so now what? More oil is supposed to leak out so he goes into the 30s?

not that i want the oil spill to happen, but it could definitely give a bump to ron paul in 2012, especially if the economy gets worse and the oil spill is still left unfixed..which seems quite likely at the rate they are working.

torchbearer
05-31-2010, 12:57 PM
not that i want the oil spill to happen, but it could definitely give a bump to ron paul in 2012, especially if the economy gets worse and the oil spill is still left unfixed..which seems quite likely at the rate they are working.

even though the obama administration's "expert on everything because they went to havard" want to prevent BP from fixing it BP's plan is to sever the well at the ground and put a concrete cap on it.
the harvard know it all say that cutting the well will temporarily increase the flow, thus they shouldn't do it.
wtf?

Anti Federalist
05-31-2010, 01:57 PM
even though the obama administration's "expert on everything because they went to havard" want to prevent BP from fixing it BP's plan is to sever the well at the ground and put a concrete cap on it.
the harvard know it all say that cutting the well will temporarily increase the flow, thus they shouldn't do it.
wtf?

I would LOVE to see a source on that.

I've been saying that from day one out here.

torchbearer
05-31-2010, 02:01 PM
I would LOVE to see a source on that.

I've been saying that from day one out here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37432881/ns/gulf_oil_spill

Stary Hickory
05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
42% Is still much too high for all the damage Obama has caused. The powergrabs, nationalizations, backroom deals and corruption ,HC Bill, obscene spending.....it all has severely weakened America....moreso than I have ever seen in such a period of time.

The BP disaster really is just that a disaster but the disaster Obama created with his disregard for all laws and limits on government power is legit and purely Obama's fault. I think a lot of Americans think that Washington DC is insane....totally disconnected and tyrannical. I think most people want to find a way to eliminate Washington and it's influence from their lives. That's why states rights are so important and why people like Gov. Perry need to stop asking not to be screwed over and start demanding and telling the US government how it is going to be.

Imaginos
05-31-2010, 02:39 PM
So 42% still refuse to believe what we are having is G. W. Bush's Third term?

Anti Federalist
05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37432881/ns/gulf_oil_spill

Thanks TB, but that's not what I was looking for.

I'm looking for a source that confirms government stopped BP from removing the riser and setting a new BOP from day one because they were too worried about making a bad leak a very bad leak.

lynnf
05-31-2010, 03:27 PM

I'm looking for a source that confirms government stopped BP from removing the riser and setting a new BOP from day one because they were too worried about making a bad leak a very bad leak.

yeah, TB, are you sure that the content didn't change on you between the time you first saw it and the time you sent the link? these news sites are constantly updating material on the same link so that it's not the same even 30 minutes later.

lynn

torchbearer
05-31-2010, 04:13 PM
yeah, TB, are you sure that the content didn't change on you between the time you first saw it and the time you sent the link? these news sites are constantly updating material on the same link so that it's not the same even 30 minutes later.

lynn

the content, title, subtitle, and picture have changed since the article was first published on friday.
i just noticed they took off the date of publication and just put it- updated 39 minutes ago

torchbearer
05-31-2010, 04:20 PM

the word among Baker Hughes big wigs is that is how it went down. they aren't on the job, they are friends with people who have been working that rig.
Dad and I had a long talk about it last night.

The article I linked had different information in it the first time i read it. Now that I look at it- everything in it has changed.
Not sure if it ever said day one, but it never gave a date when it happened.

Anti Federalist
05-31-2010, 05:01 PM
the word among Baker Hughes big wigs is that is how it went down. they aren't on the job, they are friends with people who have been working that rig.
Dad and I had a long talk about it last night.

The article I linked had different information in it the first time i read it. Now that I look at it- everything in it has changed.
Not sure if it ever said day one, but it never gave a date when it happened.

Yah, I'm up to my eyeballs in this whole thing as well, and that story, ("do not cut the damaged riser") kept popping back up.

Thanks for trying though.