PDA

View Full Version : how effective is the anti-Rand smear campaign?

heavenlyboy34
05-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Hello, all. I'm not a big fan of elections, but I found today that there is a huge smear campaign against Rand. Lots of media hacks calling him "racist" and such. Is this kind of nonsense as prominent on the ground as it is on the webbernet? Just curious, thanx.

HB.

YumYum
05-30-2010, 09:41 PM
If this oil leak in the Gulf continues until the election, his comment regarding BP that "accidents happen" could hurt him.

torchbearer
05-30-2010, 10:28 PM
If this oil leak in the Gulf continues until the election, his comment regarding BP that "accidents happen" could hurt him.

it was an accident, and they do happen. nothing false about that.
even if every rig was state owned and ran by barry, the accident would still happen.
The only people who can fix it or the ones barry wants to sufficate with his boot.

I actually had a conversation with my father tonight, he's been talking with some of his buds who are still in the industry. the problem would have occured regardless of what mud weight they were using- the issue they were having was-
the mud weight required to keep the pressure from blowing was too heavy for the sediment they were drilling in... then the concrete they use was too heavy and would sink. so they had to use the lighter sea water.
no one doesn't know why they safety valves fail, the only way they can find out is if they can pull them up from the ocean floor.

Primbs
05-31-2010, 12:24 AM
Walter E Williams defended Rand Paul on Rush Limbaugh for thirty minutes on Tuesday.

Endgame
05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm curious to know how he's doing in the local polls after that manufactured controversy.

Agorism
05-31-2010, 12:34 AM
I doubt its effective at all in changing the polling right now. It could worsen media coverage or alter enthusiasm in the long-term though, which could indirectly cause worse polling.

South Park Fan
05-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Daily Kos's poll showed no change since before the primary.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-31-2010, 01:03 AM
I think Cthulhu banged his head on the pipes

Endgame
05-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Daily Kos's poll which we spam the fuck out of showed no change since before the primary.

I want to see some independent polling of potential voters in that state. If internet polls meant everything, we'd be well into the Paul administration right now.

fedup100
05-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Well it sure has the so called christians stirred up. They would never vote for him now cause he wants cross dressing generals.

The people in this doomed country are so pathetic they do not deserve a constitutional moral government.

It's time folks to hang it up.

Come on GOD, bring down your might fists on this whole country, grind the filthy two faced sodomizing luke warm bastards into mortar, amen.

TheDriver
05-31-2010, 06:42 PM
I want to see some independent polling of potential voters in that state. If internet polls meant everything, we'd be well into the Paul administration right now.

He is up 6 points.
http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=449002cd-96f2-411a-8419-77665b6b5d27

specsaregood
05-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Daily Kos's poll showed no change since before the primary.
It is a real independent poll he is referring to, not an "internet poll". The demographics and numbers were exactly the same as 2 weeks before the primary in a Paul vs. Conway matchup. Paul was up 1+ more % point than before.

RM918
05-31-2010, 07:06 PM

What they mean by 'Daily Kos poll', is the Survey2000 polls which...I guess either Kos hires out or runs? Polling firm none the less.