PDA

View Full Version : Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

Bruno
05-30-2010, 06:34 AM
What a racist. Video at link

HBO's Bill Maher: "I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president. You know, this [BP oil spill] is where I want a real black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt where you can see the gun in his pants. That's -- (in black man voice) we've got a 'motherfu**ing problem here?' Shoot somebody in the foot."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/29/maher_obama_not_acting_like_a_real_black_president .html

Chester Copperpot
05-30-2010, 07:00 AM
I had to watch the video to make sure of the context.. Yeah, thats pretty racist.

smartguy911
05-30-2010, 07:34 AM
yup clearly racist. I wonder if this will get the same attention as the Michael Richards comments.

ctiger2
05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
The limousine liberal final shows his true colors.

RM918
05-30-2010, 07:45 AM
That is Paul ghostwriter level, except Bill actually said it.

But, no worries! Bill is a liberal, so there is no possible way he can be racist. Nothing will be heard of it again. Look at Jesse Jackson. He threatened to cut Obama's nuts off, on air, and he hasn't been exiled from polite conversation. If Rush Limbaugh said something like this, he'd be crucified.

EDIT: I'm seeing nothing in the news about this. No-one cares. Bill says something like this, it's no big deal. Rand disagrees with PART of a bill he WOULD'VE VOTED FOR ANYWAY and DOESN'T WANT TO REPEAL on the basis of Freedom of Association grounds, and he's a secret motherfucking Grand Dragon.

maqsur
05-30-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't know about racist per-se, but it shows him to be kinda dumb to think that "real" black people talk that way. Sure, some do. So do some white people.

Todd
05-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Wow what an unfunny douche.

Oh, and it's not racist when a leftist media comedian says it. Sheesh guys....you all know that.

catdd
05-30-2010, 08:01 AM
It's really more childish than racist I think.

james1906
05-30-2010, 08:05 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/18/nelson_mandela_narrowweb__300x378,0.jpg

Yo niggaz, dis apartizzle shizzle be whack! Am I gonna bust a cap in yo ass Botha?

....Would Maher expect this from other black presidents?

lester1/2jr
05-30-2010, 08:09 AM
it wasn't racist. it wasn't unfunny either but his delivery is so bad it didn't work

aravoth
05-30-2010, 08:15 AM
it wasn't racist. it wasn't unfunny either but his delivery is so bad it didn't work

Seriously though, if an "old white republican" said something like that, MSNBC would run it as "breaking news" and provide 24 hour coverage on the "controversy.

Bossobass
05-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Disclaimer: I can't stand Maher. I've never had cable TV in my life because I hate TV, which is nothing more than a cheap commercial delivery system that uses no-talent hacks like Maher to fill in between the ads.

I imagine going back to my childhood, which is only 40 years or so ago, and that the POTUS is of Italian decent and Frank Sinatra visits the WH. I imagine POTUS is Polish and he misspeaks during delivery of a speech. I imagine POTUS is a woman or a Jew or a Native American. I imagine POTUS is clumsy or has a thick southern accent.

Then I imagine that POTUS at a Dean Martin roast with Don Rickles, et al.

What the fuck happened to this country???????

Racist is hanging a person in the woods for their color or religious affiliation. Spoofing a stereotype on a comedy show is not racist.

If All in the Family debuted today, Norman Lear would be shot dead and hung in effigy by Monday.

I'm really disgusted with this thin-skinned society of whining pussies who deride everyone and everything, as though they've somehow been ordained as moral judges through state sponsored elementary school training.

Maher can say whatever the hell he wants to say. If you like the show, tune in and have a laugh. If you hate the show, flip the channel and find some other bullshit to stare at and be happy, but please... STFU!!!

Neo-America, the only place in the history of this planet that could call Dr. Ron Paul a racist with a straight face and get citizens to buy it in a heartbeat.

Sell the bonds, Virginia.

Bosso

jkr
05-30-2010, 08:43 AM
blackedy-black
black
black
black
!

MelissaWV
05-30-2010, 08:45 AM
I do think the media's two-faced about this, but I'd rather they just not bring it up about *anyone*. It's such a total non-issue.

haaaylee
05-30-2010, 11:29 AM
i wouldn't say that was racist. i mean, he seems confused. he was describing a scene from a Mafia movie more than he was actually delivering a black stereotype.

HOLLYWOOD
05-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Disclaimer: I can't stand Maher. I've never had cable TV in my life because I hate TV, which is nothing more than a cheap commercial delivery system that uses no-talent hacks like Maher to fill in between the ads.

I imagine going back to my childhood, which is only 40 years or so ago, and that the POTUS is of Italian decent and Frank Sinatra visits the WH. I imagine POTUS is Polish and he misspeaks during delivery of a speech. I imagine POTUS is a woman or a Jew or a Native American. I imagine POTUS is clumsy or has a thick southern accent.

Racist is hanging a person in the woods for their color or religious affiliation. Spoofing a stereotype on a comedy show is not racist.

If All in the Family debuted today, Norman Lear would be shot dead and hung in effigy by Monday.

I'm really disgusted with this thin-skinned society of whining pussies who deride everyone and everything, as though they've somehow been ordained as moral judges through state sponsored elementary school training.

Maher can say whatever the hell he wants to say. If you like the show, tune in and have a laugh. If you hate the show, flip the channel and find some other bullshit to stare at and be happy, but please... STFU!!!

Neo-America, the only place in the history of this planet that could call Dr. Ron Paul a racist with a straight face and get citizens to buy it in a heartbeat.

Bosso

This is exactly what GOVERNMENT and the Money Masters wants in America today... one class turned on another or each other... keep the masses divided and busy hacking at each other, and the Imperial Elitists keep their wealth, power, and control. Game plan complete

Anti Federalist
05-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Bosso hits one out of the park again.

LoL, great post.

Oh, and Bill Maher?

Unfunny leftist comedian is unfunny.

Bosso

Theocrat
05-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Bill Maher is a comedian, so he can get away with it. Then again, most Black comedians get on White folks, too, so it's all good.

BlackTerrel
05-30-2010, 01:15 PM
But, no worries! Bill is a liberal, so there is no possible way he can be racist. Nothing will be heard of it again. Look at Jesse Jackson. He threatened to cut Obama's nuts off, on air, and he hasn't been exiled from polite conversation. If Rush Limbaugh said something like this, he'd be crucified.

Rush Limbaugh isn't a comedian. I don't like Bill Maher but you get a lot more leeway as a comedian then you would as a more serious profession.

This dude below is actually friends with one of my brothers:

YouTube - Russell Peters - Chinese, Indians, Jamaicans, Italians (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiteaPBlz0)

Theocrat
05-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Rush Limbaugh isn't a comedian. I don't like Bill Maher but you get a lot more leeway as a comedian then you would as a more serious profession.

This dude below is actually friends with one of my brothers:

YouTube - Russell Peters - Chinese, Indians, Jamaicans, Italians (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiteaPBlz0)

Russell Peters is awesome!

dannno
05-30-2010, 01:26 PM

I agree, he sounded like an italian mob guy when he needed to sound more like Samuel L. Jackson

YouTube - Dave Chappelle - Samuel L. Jackson Beer skit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdFRHQwF2I)

:D

"Can you stop yelling at me, please?

No, I can't stop yellin, cause that's how I talk, you ain't never seen my movies!??" :D:D

smartguy911
05-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I agree, he sounded like an italian mob guy when he needed to sound more like Samuel L. Jackson

YouTube - Dave Chappelle - Samuel L. Jackson Beer skit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdFRHQwF2I)

No, I can't stop yellin, cause that's how I talk, you ain't never seen my movies!??" :D:D

lol. I am Rick James b!@#$

Andrew-Austin
05-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Haha everyone knows leftists can't be racist.

Now that I think about it, the best way to get liberals to stop accusing everyone-under-the-fucking-sun of being racist is to start really calling them out as racists whenever and wherever possible. Libertarians are pretty classy about their usage of the word, we rightfully hesitate to use it... But maybe we should use it more just to shut up leftists.

Bill Maher is a comedian, so he can get away with it. Then again, most Black comedians get on White folks, too, so it's all good.

He really sin't funny enough to be a comedian.

cindy25
05-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Maher expected Jesse Jackson, got Hillary

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Sounds more like a stereotype to me than Racism. I don't see Bill Maher, the jerk that he is, preaching that black people are a lesser race or anything like that.

YouTube - This One's For You, Joe Wilson! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dky9voxjmCs)

Ricky201
05-31-2010, 12:05 AM

All I am going to say is "Cocaine is helluva a drug."

RonPaulwillWin
05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
You have to remember this is a comedy show.

EDIT before people think i'm a troll.

If he would have said this during one of his discussions with a guest, it would have been different in my eyes.

But this appears to be one of his cheap comedy monologues.

The Patriot
05-31-2010, 01:15 AM
I like the phrase "REAL Black", as though one isn't REALLY black and is an uncle tom if they are conservative and not a thug. Bill Maher is just a representation of a greater problem that permeates throughout the black community. these stereotypes are projected upon blacks from a young age through educational and media outlets and often times "subversive" or "outside" thought is suppressed, and those who have true potential to break the bonds of the modern intellectual plantation often times don't pursue the thoughts outside their cultural norms and the cycle of ignorance continues.

healthpellets
05-31-2010, 05:31 AM
why is it that no one can use the word "racist" correctly?

paulitics
05-31-2010, 06:17 AM
This joke wasn't racist, but Bill Maher does have a superiority complex against white, conservative, and religious folk..."rednecks", and there is a deep rooted hatred towards them. But hey, that is cool now a days I guess. We've grown so accustomed to it, that we don't even recognize true racism and all its disguises anymore.

Jokes themselves aren't racists, or else half the jokes comedians make would be censored. It is only when there is hatred embedded in the stereotyping. Recognizing differences in races and cultures and making jokes about them, is what you call comedy. We need to lighten up a little, and stop playing the same game that the race baiters do. Just call them out on their hypocrisy, and leave it at that.

fj45lvr
05-31-2010, 06:32 AM
Maher is a smug a-hole that is certain. It makes him almost fun to watch because how far out there he is and what kind of reactions he can get from guests.

TXcarlosTX
05-31-2010, 06:36 AM
YouTube - Fun with Stereotypes - by The Southern Avenger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzV0wEJfAQ)

Bruno
05-31-2010, 06:57 AM
It wasn't racist, it was a stereotype
It was an unfunny joke
He mixed up an Italian mob stereotype with an African-American stereotype
If told by someone on the right it would be called racist
The media will largely ignore it
Maher is an ass

roho76
05-31-2010, 07:10 AM
We've had another "Black President" that was more Black Presidenty for him to make that connection? I was unaware.

fj45lvr
05-31-2010, 07:41 AM
We've had another "Black President" that was more Black Presidenty for him to make that connection? I was unaware.

Bill Clinton has been referred to as the first black president. I don't know who first came up with that underhanded jab.

Anyone know who first said that??

Bruno
05-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Bill Clinton has been referred to as the first black president. I don't know who first came up with that underhanded jab.

Anyone know who first said that??

Toni Morrison

http://www.soapchat.net/showthread.php?170781-Toni-Morrison-clarifies-her-Bill-Clinton-is-first-black-president-quoteo

Toni Morrison explains that 'first black president' thing
Staff Reporter | Posted May 8, 2008 9:21 AM

It's a statement that has been quoted, misquoted and misunderstood for a decade. Toni Morrison allegedly called Bill Clinton the "first black president." But the context behind Morrison's famous remark has not been explained as often as the quote has been mentioned.

Until now. In a new interview with TIME magazine, Morrison explained what she meant by that quote. "People misunderstood that phrase," she said. "I was deploring the way in which President Clinton was being treated, vis-à-vis the sex scandal that was surrounding him."

Morrison has been challenged by critics for using the phrase to describe Bill Clinton, and some recent observers have pointed to Clinton's behavior in the 2008 South Carolina primary to discredit Clinton's theoretical black heritage. But Morrison said she never meant to describe Clinton's heart as much as his experience. "I said he was being treated like a black on the street, already guilty, already a perp. I have no idea what his real instincts are, in terms of race," she told TIME.

It all started in an October 1998 article for the New Yorker when the Nobel Prize-winning Morrison offered some insight into the pending impeachment proceedings facing then President Bill Clinton. In so doing, she compared Clinton's fall from grace to the experience that black men endure on a regular basis.

"African-American men seemed to understand it right away. Years ago, in the middle of the Whitewater investigation, one heard the first murmurs: white skin notwithstanding, this is our first black President," she wrote.

Morrison wrote that Clinton was "blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children's lifetime." After all, she wrote, "Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald's-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas."

She continued: "when the President's body, his privacy, his unpoliced sexuality became the focus of the persecution, when he was metaphorically seized and bodysearched, who could gainsay these black men who knew whereof they spoke? The message was clear "No matter how smart you are, how hard you work, how much coin you earn for us, we will put you in your place or put you out of the place you have somehow, albeit with our permission, achieved. You will be fired from your job, sent away in disgrace, and--who knows?--maybe sentenced and jailed to boot. In short, unless you do as we say (i.e., assimilate at once), your expletives belong to us."

All that may be old news now that a black man is within reach of the Democratic nomination for the presidency. In January, Morrison broke her own tradition and endorsed Barack Obama for president. She cited his "keen intelligence," integrity," "rare authenticity" and "wisdom" as reasons for her first-ever presidential endorsement.

In a letter to Senator Obama, Morrison wrote: "There have been a few prescient leaders in our past, but you are the man for this time."

http://thedailyvoice.com/voice/2008/...-fi-000536.php

BlackTerrel
05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
It wasn't racist, it was a stereotype
It was an unfunny joke
He mixed up an Italian mob stereotype with an African-American stereotype
If told by someone on the right it would be called racist
The media will largely ignore it
Maher is an ass

I don't think it has anything to do with right or left. It has to do with being a comedian and telling a joke. If Larry King said it - it would not go over as well.