PDA

View Full Version : Ron Johnson for Senate -Wisconsin?

brenden.b
05-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Anybody know anything about this Ron Johnson guy who is running for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin? He has already received the GOP endorsement, and what makes him interesting is that he refers to Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" as a foundational book for his beliefs.

I haven't been able to find his campaign website or anything else about him.

anaconda
06-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Anyone remember the line from Fast Times at Ridgemont High: "Who the ---- is Ron Johnson?"

YouTube - Ron Johnson- Hollywood Gigolo.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bamz3Lfugg)

brenden.b
06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I like the incumbent Russ Feingold, and that doesn't happen very often, but Feingold opposes the Patriot Act since its inception, he was the only one to do so, and he has opposed the Iraq war time and time again, he is good on foreign policy.

Isn't that the only thing Feingold is good on?

Barney
06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Isn't that the only thing Feingold is good on?

Feingold, not only co-sponsored S604, but was one of only 5 Democrats who voted for the Vitter Amendment!

Nathan Hale
06-16-2010, 07:32 PM
While I would love to see a tea party candidate take out Feingold, I'll also agree that he's one of the lesser evils in the Senate.

Badger Paul
06-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Johnson supports the Patriot Act. No thanks.

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
i like what he has to say about education but he doesn't mention anything on his campaign website about foreign policy.

Ron will vote to reduce federal mandates that strip power from states and local school boards, and instead provide for more local control over education.

Ron supports reforming the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) to reduce waste in education spending and return more flexibility and decision-making powers to states, local school boards and teachers. A one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t fit Wisconsin.

here is his website: http://www.ronjohnsonforsenate.com/home/

bighairycaveman
06-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Did you guys forget about McCain-Feingold???? WTF. He's terrible.

brenden.b
06-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Did you guys forget about McCain-Feingold???? WTF. He's terrible.

My point exactly...Not to mention, he is a HUGE DISCLOSE Act advocate, in fact, he is the sponsor in the Senate.

AdamT
06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Dude is a neo-con, supports Patriot Acts and Real ID. I posted about this on his Facebook and it was scrubbed. As much as I want Feingold gone, Johnson might actually be worse in some ways.

brenden.b
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Dude is a neo-con, supports Patriot Acts and Real ID. I posted about this on his Facebook and it was scrubbed. As much as I want Feingold gone, Johnson might actually be worse in some ways.

Now that you mention it, the more I read about Johnson, the less I like him. It's shocking to me that he would claim Atlas Shrugged was such a pivotal book in his political philosophy. It is becoming more evident that may just be to fool Tea Partiers into voting for him.

Unfortunately, Feingold may be more tolerable. I'm still not a fan, especially now that the DISCLOSE Act passed in the House and now is waiting to be passed in the Senate.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Now that you mention it, the more I read about Johnson, the less I like him. It's shocking to me that he would claim Atlas Shrugged was such a pivotal book in his political philosophy. It is becoming more evident that may just be to fool Tea Partiers into voting for him.

Unfortunately, Feingold may be more tolerable. I'm still not a fan, especially now that the DISCLOSE Act passed in the House and now is waiting to be passed in the Senate.

Dana Rohrerbacher used to be an An-Cap now look at the guy. He's as establishment hack as you can get. I don't care what they say, I don't trust any of them except Ron because he actually has 30 years to backup his words. Its so easy to spout bullshit, but its a much different thing to live your ideology. Obviously Johnson isn't an Objectivist type (Not that, that would change any Foreign Policy as they are about as interventionist as interventionists get).