PDA

View Full Version : You will take the nomination from us when you pry it from our cold dead fingers!

SouthernGuy15
10-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Dear Fellow Supporters of Ron Paul,

Over the past few weeks I've had an awakening. It has both given me tremendous hope and unrelenting dread for the future. Basically, I've realized two things.

1) Ron Paul is the most consistent, freedom loving, sincere, and intelligent candidate we could ever hope to elect into office. He is a true warrior for liberty and the best hope for our nation!

2) Our nation is going strait to hades in a multitude of ways. The USA is not just going down the tubes, but being forcefully flushed with vigor. If Ron Paul is not elected it will be too late to save our nation!

Look at what is happening in regards to our nation. We have big government encroaching more and more on our rights and liberties. You can be labeled a terrorist and sent to a gulag without a trial, respect for the bill of rights is disappearing, the "nanny state" is taking over, big brother is running around tazering people like crazy, and we are spied upon at all times.

Instead of being respected, "we the people" who are supposed to BE THE GOVERNMENT are over-regulated, lied to repeatedly about countless issues, told what we can put into our own bodies, and censored. To be blunt, I'm disgusted with the direction we are headed!

Look at what our children have to go through just to attend school. They are fenced up, searched for weapons, subjected to intimidation by large dogs, and herded around like cattle! But don't forget about what the airports are like! If you accidentally pack a toe-nail clipper some big government good can detain you and make up all kinds of bogus charges.

Also, look at what is happening in this campaign! Ron Paul supporters are being fined and threatened for having Ron Paul signs on their OWN PROPERTY! Additionally, the networks pull the results of polls when Ron Paul is doing well, they barely let our candidate talk in debates (out of fear he mention the most dreaded f-word of them all which is "freedom"), and goons of online thugs try to "bury" Ron Paul related news stories!

However, I'm only getting started! Look at the financial state of our nation! Taxes are INSANELY high and every way you look there is an ADDITIONAL tax you have to pay. We have income tax, capital gains taxes, gasoline tax, sin taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, motor-vehicle tag taxes, social security tax, medicare tax, and a whole slew of others!

But where is all of this money from dozens of different taxes going? It's being spent on no-win wars against other nations, a huge bloated military, a thousand wasteful government programs, dozens of unconstitutional government agencies, and countless pork-barrel programs! Billions upon billions of dollars that could be used to reduce taxes are simply being frittered away!

That's YOUR money! That's MY money! That's OUR money! For goodness freaking sakes, that is NOT "their" money! If the politicians want to spend money they need to dig into their OWN FREAKING BANK ACCOUNT!

Oh, I forgot. After they are done collecting all these taxes and still don't have enough money they simply PRINT MORE or BORROW FROM CHINA! This nation is TRILLIONS IN DEBT! Not millions or billions, but TRILLIONS! And it SCARES me to think of how many MORE trillion we will borrow if we go to war with Iran!

As far as I am concerned, this nation is headed strait to hades! We are headed towards total tyranny, a total nanny state, a total disregard of personal liberty, and absolute total FINANCIAL RUIN!

In my mind, heart, and soul I think there is only ONE SINGLE possible way to divert this nation from it's current path of destruction. And that is doing whatever it takes to get RON PAUL the nomination!

Ron Paul MUST obtain the nomination! If we care about this nation, if we care about our liberty, if we care about our financial future, and if we care about our children we ABSOLUTELY MUST do whatever it takes to win this nomination!

There is no longer any time for delay, procrastination, or excuses. The time for action is NOW!

We must dedicate ourselves to supporting Ron Paul non-stop and with every fiber of our being. This means we need to DONATE, we need to SPREAD THE WORD, and we need to CONVINCE OTHERS to support him as passionately as ourselves!

If we all UNITE TOGETHER we can WIN! But we must BELIEVE and have FAITH that we can win this, because the fact of the matter is we indeed can do so! Right now we have the ability to RESTORE FREEDOM IN THIS NATION FOREVER!

Will you support Ron Paul with every fiber of your being? Will you dedicate yourself to helping him win the nomination regardless of the sacrifice?

We all must do so IMMEDIATELY, because the future depends on him obtaining the nomination.

My future. Your future. Our future.

Please support Ron Paul.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Sean
10-12-2007, 04:58 PM
The question remains will Ron Paul be able to get over 50% of the delegates. If not there is a chance the others will combine their delegates to defeat his nomination. Remember it isn't who has the most delegates that will win. Other candidates can give their delegates to others candidates to boost them over 50%

SouthernGuy15
10-12-2007, 05:01 PM
He can win if we provide him with the support he needs and continue to reach out to others! There is NO DOUBT we can win! But it's up to all of us to spread his message.

Remember, FREEDOM IS POPULAR!

JMann
10-12-2007, 05:04 PM
The question remains will Ron Paul be able to get over 50% of the delegates. If not there is a chance the others will combine their delegates to defeat his nomination. Remember it isn't who has the most delegates that will win. Other candidates can give their delegates to others candidates to boost them over 50%

I'm far from an expert in this area but aren't most states winner take all now? I'm pretty sure that you have to win most of the states now to get enough delegates to be worth anything. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

paulitics
10-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I agree, but I think we should be pouring our hearts minds souls and dollars into the early primary states, so that we can win this thing. NO MORE EXCUSES. Its going to require the sacrafice of many. The internet can only take us so far, and I think we are at about 10% of our true potential, and what it will take to win.

I disagree with alot of people on this forum about how hard this is going to be, and if we lose those early states, its over. Ive said since Iowa that we can win this thing, based on the timing of the message. But, we are not anywhere close to what we need to do to beat Romney in NH and Iowa. Guys like Huckabee and McCain will drop out quickly and all of their support will go to another neocon effectively making their lead insurmountable.

SouthernGuy15
10-12-2007, 05:10 PM
That is what I am saying. We all need to continue sacrificing and convince others to support Ron Paul.

Sean
10-12-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm

Some are winner take all some are proportional.