PDA

View Full Version : Boomshakalaka!

Zatch
05-29-2010, 03:57 PM
If the Libertarian Party wants to make a statement by blocking the election of the most libertarian-friendly national politician in America--a man, in the words of Jonathan Chait, who is "so wedded to libertarian principle that he endured two days of disastrous national publicity rather than admit that the government has a right to ban private segregation"--then by all means, go right ahead. But they should probably stop wondering why the rest of the country doesn't want them in charge while they're at it. http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/05/27/the-only-people-crazier-than-rand-paul-other-libertarians-.html

Kludge
05-29-2010, 03:59 PM
The chair of the KY LP (Moellman, I believe - who I'm not sure why I remember from something he did late last year) already said the vice chair who made that statement does not speak for the party.

sailingaway
05-29-2010, 04:01 PM
The amazing thing is that this 'libertarian party may run against Rand' meme is still running when they DAYS ago said they weren't planning to and that the guy who speculated on that was speaking out of turn.