Follow the play-by-play here: http://thenationaldesk.tumblr.com/

Let's hope Ernest Hancock wins!

Kludge
05-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Pffff, no CSPAN coverage?

Starchild there at least?

helmuth_hubener
05-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Knapp mentioned Friday night that Starchild was "in the house". There will be CSPAN coverage tonight and then all day tomorrow.

Kludge
05-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Fancy. Thanks for all.

sratiug
05-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Someone tell them to move their convention ahead of the Republican primaries for 2012 so they can put Ron Paul on the ballot ahead of the Republican primaries so that all the Republicans know Ron Paul will be on the ballot before they vote in the primaries.

Kludge
05-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Someone tell them to move their convention ahead of the Republican primaries for 2012 so they can put Ron Paul on the ballot ahead of the Republican primaries so that all the Republicans know Ron Paul will be on the ballot before they vote in the primaries.

IIRC, Ron's stated he won't accept LP nomination (again) - I think he cited GOP party rules.

helmuth_hubener
05-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Moving the convention to be earlier would be good for other reasons, though.

sratiug
05-29-2010, 12:49 PM
IIRC, Ron's stated he won't accept LP nomination (again) - I think he cited GOP party rules.

I can understand why he wouldn't accept it, I just don't understand why he would need to accept it.

Imperial
05-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Follow the play-by-play here: http://thenationaldesk.tumblr.com/

Let's hope Ernest Hancock wins!

Are you kidding me? I think I would take Root over Hancock...

Myers seems like the best choice here.

Kludge
05-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Anyone know what time CSPAN will start broadcasting & channel?

I'm going to take a nap.

helmuth_hubener
05-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Are you kidding me? I think I would take Root over Hancock...

Myers seems like the best choice here.

Hancock was intimately involved in the grassroots Ron Paul R3VOLution. He is a real libertarian, with friends throughout the larger movement. Electing him would be a message that the Libertarian Party intends to stay libertarian, and thus, relevant.

I for one want an LP that functions more like the Ron Paul grassroots and less like the DMV. Less obsession with in-fighting, LNC purges and Robert's Rules minutia. More having FUN!

Great things would happen with Hancock as chair. Electing many of the New Path slate would be good too. Get out of Watergate! Slash the bureaucracy! Stop wasting money!

Root just wants a better byline under his head when he goes on Fox News. He talks big and promises big, that's true! He tells the people what they want to hear. But why should I believe? As VP candidate he promised they'd raise "40 million dollars". Remember how much they raised? Did they get even 1 million dollars? Answer: no. He just wants to be a big fish in a small pond.

South Park Fan
05-29-2010, 06:28 PM
I can understand why he wouldn't accept it, I just don't understand why he would need to accept it.

Exactly. We were able to put Ron Paul on the ballot in Louisiana and Montana without his explicit consent. We can attempt to do the same in the other 48 states, using only his declaration of candidacy if necessary.

helmuth_hubener
05-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Anyone know what time CSPAN will start broadcasting & channel?

I'm going to take a nap.

Argh, I read somewhere that it was going to start tonight at 9 then go all day tomorrow,but looking at C-SPAN's schedule on their web site, it looks like they're not covering it! Sorry, I had bad info, I guess!

helmuth_hubener
05-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Here you can watch live (and recorded) video from the LP convention: http://www.lp.org/blogs/wes-benedict/lp-convention-live-broadcast