PDA

View Full Version : How to search when searching is disabled

Freedom
10-12-2007, 04:39 PM
The search function on this website gets disabled more and more frequently :mad: as the number of forum viewers has increased:) . I have found a pretty good work-around for when you need to seach past postings for something and this site's search function is disabled.

Just use Google's search (http://www.google.com). Type in the terms for which you are searching and then put site:ronpaulforums.com after that.

For example if I want to search for Bryan's Iowa Straw Poll video, I would enter into Google's search form: Bryan Iowa Straw Poll video site:ronpaulforums.com

The results display a whole bunch of messages only from RonPaulForums that contain these search words. The site: tag tells Google to only return matches that are from the indicated site.

Using Google search also helps to take the load off of our server and allows more Ron Paul supporters to log in. The only downside is that Google seach won't find the most recent postings.
Give it a try!

sunny
10-12-2007, 05:32 PM
The search function on this website gets disabled more and more frequently :mad: as the number of forum viewers has increased:) . I have found a pretty good work-around for when you need to seach past postings for something and this site's search function is disabled.

Just use Google's search (http://www.google.com). Type in the terms for which you are searching and then put site:ronpaulforums.com after that.

For example if I want to search for Bryan's Iowa Straw Poll video, I would enter into Google's search form: Bryan Iowa Straw Poll video site:ronpaulforums.com

The results display a whole bunch of messages only from RonPaulForums that contain these search words. The site: tag tells Google to only return matches that are from the indicated site.

Using Google search also helps to take the load of our server and allows more Ron Paul supporters to log in. The only downside is that Google seach won't find the most recent postings.
Give it a try!

i wrote to foofighter about this and he said that when the logins total 300 or more that the search and new posts are disabled to prevent the server from crashing.