PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] - New MSNBC Documentary Rise Of The New Right

orenbus
05-28-2010, 06:38 PM
YouTube - New MSNBC Documentary Rise Of The New Right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uqNztiLhbE)

sluggo
05-28-2010, 06:39 PM
I expect Chris "Obama is sending thrills up my leg" Matthews to be very even handed with this.

AdamT
05-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Good god this is gonna be one serious propaganda piece.

Agorism
05-28-2010, 06:43 PM
"New Right" being the neoconservative movement?

A Message to Ron Paul Supporters
BY MICHAEL GOLDFARB (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/03/a_message_to_ron_paul_supporte.asp)

Michael Goldfarb at The Weekly Standard writes in his blog:

…but let me just say to Ron Paul supporters everywhere, and on behalf of the New Right (by which I assume Paul means the Jew Right), get lost.
There should be plenty of room for the Paulnuts in Obama’s big tent. If Rev. Wright isn’t exactly a 9/11 Truther, at least he’s breathed new life into the Pearl Harbor Truther movement. Imagine a newsletter coauthored by the Reverend and Lew Rockwell–now that’s racial harmony.

rprprs
05-28-2010, 06:45 PM
I expect Chris "Obama is sending thrills up my leg" Matthews to be very even handed with this.

If, by "even handed", you mean that only those under age 70 will be painted as "Hitler youth", then yeah. :(

Fozz
05-28-2010, 06:47 PM
We need the Old Right, not the "New Right".

BlackTerrel
05-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Could they have played scarier music :rolleyes:

BuddyRey
05-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Do these idiots even bother to check the wikipedia entries on such terms as "New Right" and "Isolationist" before they go brandishing them about where they don't fit at all?

"New Right" refers specifically to the alliance of the neoconservative Republican Party establishment and the newly mobilized Religious Right movement that formed in response to the Cold War and various moral panics of the day.

The New Right was, and is, a reactionary and jingoistic movement full of confused "conservatives" who have no problem whatsoever with war, big government, or a paternalistic nanny state. They bear little or no relation to the noninterventionist Old Right, of which Ron and Rand are the most prominent modern-day standard-bearers.

MSNBC = Journalism Fail

Fozz
05-28-2010, 08:00 PM
The New Right was, and is, a reactionary and jingoistic movement full of confused "conservatives" who have no problem whatsoever with war, big government, or a paternalistic nanny state. They bear little or no relation to the noninterventionist Old Right, of which Ron and Rand are the most prominent modern-day standard-bearers.

Justinjj1 would strongly disagree :rolleyes:

Nathan Hale
05-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Ugh, they interviewed Alex Jones. Now I know it's a hit piece.

trey4sports
05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
in all honesty, the more exposure the liberty movement gets the better. Regardless of where its coming from or the intent.

lordindra3
05-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Love the "scary" music that he plays. What propaganda!

Bman
05-29-2010, 03:29 AM

YouTube - Incredible laugh by Tom Hanks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9GuwuOVZc)

Gage
05-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Can't wait.

sailingaway
05-29-2010, 04:58 AM
in all honesty, the more exposure the liberty movement gets the better. Regardless of where its coming from or the intent.

I disagree. That is like saying an MSNBC version of a newsletter story would be good exposure. It is going to be a hit piece. Someone youtube it. Don't raise its ratings.