PDA

View Full Version : the good docter paul?

TheAnswerTo1984is1776
05-28-2010, 05:50 PM
So it appears that "Doctor" Paul is technically a quack. (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/rand_pauls_upstart_ophthalmology_group_leaves_litt .php?ref=fpblg)

Quote:

Rand Paul's reputation for marching to his own drummer may extend to his medical career. The GOP Senate candidate is the founder and president of a certifying board for eye doctors, which he appears to have set up as a rival to the existing certification board. But his organization has left little public record, and the legitimacy with which it's viewed remains unclear at best...

Annual filings for NBO list Paul -- a Tea Party favorite, who days after an upset win in the GOP primary for Kentucky's U.S. Senate race ignited a firestorm last week by criticizing a key provision of the Civil Rights Act -- as the group's "owner and president." Paul's wife, Kelley Paul, is listed as its vice president, and his father-in-law, Hilton Ashby, is listed as its secretary. But it's not clear how involved Kelley Paul or Ashby have been. Reached at his home in Russellville, Kentucky, Ashby told TPMmuckraker: "I can't tell you what the organization does." Informed that he was listed as the group's secretary, Ashby said: "I was at one time involved as a secretary on something. But I don't know whether it was about that specifically or not."

Paul's organization has had little public presence since its founding over a decade ago. It appears to have no website, and a Lexis-Nexis search turns up no articles mentioning the group. Nor does it appear to have filed tax forms with the IRS, according to a search of a database listing non-profits. Indeed, the state of Kentucky dissolved NBO in 2000 after it failed to file the appropriate forms, according to the online records, but it was reinstated in 2005, and has filed an annual report every year since then.

To be fair, it sounds like there was a legitimate grievance with the real board, although he should applaud the ABO's Constitutionally-guaranteed right to discriminate against younger ophthalmologists.

Still, there's just something about the term 'self-certified doctor'...

I dont understand this and I dont really know what to make of it. can someone clearify???

RM918
05-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Been addressed already...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=247173

In short, he actually isn't required to have that specific certification.

The snippy line at the end is classic. He did the free market thing he suggested right with the CRA. Don't like an exclusionary business? Go to the competition, or make your own.