PDA

View Full Version : Details of Ron Paul Q3 numbers

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/10/12/politics/horserace/entry3362383.shtml?CMP=OTC-RSSFeed&source=RSS&attr=Horserace_3362383

Keith
10-12-2007, 04:10 PM
OK. That article just makes me want to know more. Did they only compare Ron Paul's donors to Romney's donors because none of the other campaigns had as many donors? Surely if the other guys had more donors that Ron Paul they would have listed each of them so they could make it seem like there were not many of us.

I can't help but think that a full detailed listing of numbers such as average donation, number of repeat donors, number of first time donors, etc, comparing Ron Paul's campaign to all of the other campaigns would highlight the amazing level of actual support from real people that this campaign receives. It is quite a contrast to candidates who get seven figure donations from large media owners, defense department contractors, etc.

plopolp
10-12-2007, 04:13 PM
It could hardly have been better!

The number of physical donors went up with over 200% and there are plenty of repeat donors. This indicates that donations will accelerate both through increased number of donors, and repeat donations from the existing ones.

Romney's donations were on average about 4 times larger than Ron Pauls, which probably means that more of his donors are maxed out.

Great news!

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
It could hardly have been better!

The number of physical donors went up with over 400% and there are plenty of repeat donors. This indicates that donations will accelerate both through increased number of donors, and repeat donations from the old ones.

Romney's donations were on average about 4 times larger than Ron Pauls, which probably means that more of his donors are maxed out.

Great news!

This is exactly what I was thinking! 21k new donor's who AREN'T maxed out! Not only that, but it indicates the explosive growth of the campaign.

akovacs
10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I know the number of donors and everything is good, but why is it that meetup has 50,000+ people but only 21k donated?

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Meetup does not have 50,000. Shhhhhh....

It is ridiculous, we have some folks in our area that are literally affiliated with several dozen groups. We also have folks that "organize" several groups out there. Many of these folks burn out and let their groups languish. It is a shame.