PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC to air special series on "The Right"..Rand/Militias/Alex Jones etc

sofia
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
i just saw the propaganda plug.......fear mongering series coming in June...hosted by jerkoff Chris Matthews

dannno
05-28-2010, 11:43 AM
How much you wanna bet they get it wrong :confused:

aravoth
05-28-2010, 11:44 AM
i just saw the propaganda plug.......fear mongering series coming in June...hosted by jerkoff Chris Matthews

blah blah, they own guns, blah blah, they're all racist, blah blah, anti-government, blah blah, extremism, blah blah, dangerous, blah blah, radical, etc etc....

There, you now know everything that series will bring to it's viewers.

MsDoodahs
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
saw it, too. Opened with a shot of Rand, later had a shot of AJ (saying something about "tyranny" I think?)

lol....

It's MSDNC - the place for democrat politics.

sofia
05-28-2010, 11:53 AM
saw it, too. Opened with a shot of Rand, later had a shot of AJ (saying something about "tyranny" I think?)

lol....

It's MSDNC - the place for democrat politics.

nice to see AJ become a household name.....

RonPaulFanInGA
05-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Rand Paul seems to have wised up and stayed away from Alex Jones. Obama will be a bigger anchor around Conway's neck, but Jones certainly hurts Rand Paul.

.Tom
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
MSNBC should go fuck itself and die.

dannno
05-28-2010, 12:10 PM
nice to see AJ become a household name.....

Yep, it could backfire on them.

SWATH
05-28-2010, 12:15 PM
blah blah, they own guns, blah blah, they're all racist, blah blah, anti-government, blah blah, extremism, blah blah, dangerous, blah blah, radical, etc etc....

There, you now know everything that series will bring to it's viewers.

Yeah it will be all guilt by association, like:

"Alex Jones says unbelievable things, so he is crazy, and Rand's father goes on Alex Jones' show, therefore Rand is crazy, and Since Alex Jones is on the right and so are militias, then they are crazy too and all sane people should fear them. And since the opposite of the right is the left, then the left are also the opposite of crazy, so the left is sane"

polomertz
05-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Great, here comes another call from my mother... "are you with any of those scary people I saw on tv??"

Rancher
05-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Rand Paul seems to have wised up and stayed away from Alex Jones. Obama will be a bigger anchor around Conway's neck, but Jones certainly hurts Rand Paul.

Right. Oftentimes... the truth hurts.

PatriotOne
05-28-2010, 12:24 PM
AJ will be pleased for the free publicity and additional traffic to his website and the opprotunity to educate the newcomers.

dannno
05-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Rand Paul seems to have wised up and stayed away from Alex Jones.

He'll be on the show next week :p

Jones certainly hurts Rand Paul.

So that's how Rand beat Grayson by 15-20 points :confused:

How many points did AJ take away from him :confused:

You are really something else. You have these weird perceptions in your mind that contrast starkly with reality. Do you still watch a lot of TV?

RCA
05-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Yay, more free publicity!!!

dannno
05-28-2010, 12:29 PM
//

Carole
05-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Barf!! :eek: Here comes yet another marginalizing, demonizing offering from the formerly mainstream media.

rprprs
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Great, here comes another call from my mother... "are you with of those scary people I saw on tv??"

Even with the typo...VERY funny! :D

Rancher
05-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Rancher
Right. Oftentimes... the truth hurts.

That didn't really come out right... it was supposed to be sarcastic.

Often times you are just as deluded as others here.

Rand just won an election against a mainstream Republican candidate by 15-20 points with the help of AJ and you still have your head buried in the sand.

What I meant was that Alex Jones is generally right on the issues. Yet, some people "can't handle the truth."

dannno
05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
What I meant was that Alex Jones is generally right on the issues. Yet, some people "can't handle the truth."

OOPS my bad

:o

PatriotOne
05-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Ouch....that has to hurt RonPaulFaninGA :(

RonPaulFanInGA
05-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Are you serious?

Grayson never attacked him on Jones. One guy ran about "a couple of hundred dollars worth" of ads featuring Rand's association with Jones right at the end of the priamry. If you don't think it'll come up in the general, well...

You have these weird perceptions in your mind that contrast starkly with reality.

The "reality" of Jones' world of 9/11 truther stuff and the government plots for everyhing? :rolleyes:

PatriotOne
05-28-2010, 12:45 PM
OOPS my bad

:o

Just a little collateral damage defending AJ.

Pistis
05-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I just don't get the Alex Jones haters within the Liberty movement. They need to get real!

Ron Paul has been going on Jones' radio show since 1996. You'd think that Ron would have learnt to stay away from that crazy conspiracist by now :rolleyes:

Fact is, love or hate his style, Jones has done more for the cause of liberty in the past 14 years than most of the hating yappers will ever do ...in 14 lifetimes.

Too busy yapping methinks!

PatriotOne
05-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Are you serious?

Sorry to burst your dellusional bubble but Rand has been a frequent guest on AJ's show the past few years. Ya think they would continue if they thought it was hurting them? They know who their friends are and they know they wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for his listeners.

RM918
05-28-2010, 01:08 PM
I just don't get the Alex Jones haters within the Liberty movement. They need to get real!

Ron Paul has been going on Jones' radio show since 1996. You'd think that Ron would have learnt to stay away from that crazy conspiracist by now :rolleyes:

Fact is, love or hate his style, Jones has done more for the cause of liberty in the past 14 years than most of the hating yappers will ever do ...in 14 lifetimes.

Too busy yapping methinks!

It's misguided hatred, I guess. While truthers as individuals have done a lot of good for the movement, people get sick of being outright dismissed or attacked on their positions because someone invokes the 'You're just crazy!' argument because you associate with 'those sorts'. People treating your opinion as worthless because you're being associated with guys who keep shouting, 'Bush did 9/11!' gets to you, even if it's the true fault of the people you're arguing with for pushing a logical fallacy on you.

I, personally, don't know what to think about Alex Jones. I started out thinking truthers were nuts, but tolerated them because they were allies and reliable allies at that, so why should I care what they think so long as they don't drag it out into the spotlight?

These days, I'm sort of in the middle. Do I think Bush secretly rigged the towers with nanothermite and projected holograms into the sky? No, not in the slightest. Do I entirely believe what the government told me? No, not really. All I know is that I don't know, and that if we're ever going to know we need to push for transparency in government. If I don't believe the government story, why am I just going to swap it out for one about nanothermite and holograms? I believe neither. We're going to have to wait and see if we'll ever get past the bullshit to the truth, but for now I'm just not going to judge them.

Travlyr
05-28-2010, 01:19 PM
All I know is that I don't know, and that if we're ever going to know we need to push for transparency in government.

President Obama promised us transparency. We got it. We can see right through his bullshit.

Jeff Flock on FBN from Grand Isle LA, said today for the FIRST TIME when he and his camera guy were driving in, they passed several busses full of "clean up workers." He thought maybe the clean up effort was actually getting started.

But get this: WWL out of NOLA is reporting that those busses full of workers were brought in AS A STAGED EVENT for Barack's visit. :mad::mad::mad:

THEY WERE SHIPPED IN FOR SHOW and they're being SHIPPED OUT as soon as BO leaves.

:mad::mad::mad:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=247322

lester1/2jr
05-28-2010, 01:23 PM
please don't throw america into the briar patch brer bear

Vessol
05-28-2010, 01:27 PM
The only people who watch this and nod with agreeance are people who are already chose their beliefs awhile ago and no amount of economic problems or anything will change them. So why care? Hell, maybe it will get more people interested in looking this all up.

Golding
05-28-2010, 01:28 PM
How much you wanna bet they get it wrong :confused:Smart money is to put a penny down on them getting it correct. The odds have to be so astronomical that you'll make millions in return on the off chance that you win.

catdd
05-28-2010, 01:31 PM
They will hang themselves with their own rope given enough time. They are singing a song nobody dances to anymore.

PatriotOne
05-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Here's the trailer for the subject video.

New MSNBC Documentary: "Rise Of The New Right"

http://216.75.16.212/video/2010/05/28/new_msnbc_documentary_rise_of_the_new_right.html

AlexMerced
05-28-2010, 02:06 PM
It's misguided hatred, I guess. While truthers as individuals have done a lot of good for the movement, people get sick of being outright dismissed or attacked on their positions because someone invokes the 'You're just crazy!' argument because you associate with 'those sorts'. People treating your opinion as worthless because you're being associated with guys who keep shouting, 'Bush did 9/11!' gets to you, even if it's the true fault of the people you're arguing with for pushing a logical fallacy on you.

I, personally, don't know what to think about Alex Jones. I started out thinking truthers were nuts, but tolerated them because they were allies and reliable allies at that, so why should I care what they think so long as they don't drag it out into the spotlight?

These days, I'm sort of in the middle. Do I think Bush secretly rigged the towers with nanothermite and projected holograms into the sky? No, not in the slightest. Do I entirely believe what the government told me? No, not really. All I know is that I don't know, and that if we're ever going to know we need to push for transparency in government. If I don't believe the government story, why am I just going to swap it out for one about nanothermite and holograms? I believe neither. We're going to have to wait and see if we'll ever get past the bullshit to the truth, but for now I'm just not going to judge them.

that's pretty much how I feel

torchbearer
05-28-2010, 02:09 PM
MSNBC should go fuck itself and die.

I second this motion. all in favor??

lester1/2jr
05-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm scared!!!

JacksonianBME
05-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I second this motion. all in favor??

Except for Ratigan, maybe?

sofia
05-28-2010, 02:22 PM
if those evil right wingers get their way, we'll have balanced budgets, low taxes, an end to foreign wars, and gold/silver currency!!!!!

friggin nutjobs!!!!

specsaregood
05-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Yep, it could backfire on them.

How could giving controlled opposition more media coverage backfire? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I had to go there just for the fun of it.

freshjiva
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Who do you dislike more -- MSNBC or Fox News?

My vote still goes to Fox News. At least Rachel Maddow treats Ron Paul with respect. I don't care about her treatment of Rand because frankly, she did nothing wrong by asking Rand about his views.

Now if Glenn Beck gets on our side consistently with Liberty themes (hopefully Judge has done some good work on that end), the tables may turn...

specsaregood
05-28-2010, 02:32 PM
My vote still goes to Fox News. At least Rachel Maddow treats Ron Paul with respect. I don't care about her treatment of Rand because frankly, she did nothing wrong by asking Rand about his views.

Did she do nothing wrong by outright lying about what he said?

torchbearer
05-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Except for Ratigan, maybe?

amendment to the original proposition.
any debate?

specsaregood
05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
amendment to the original proposition.
any debate?

Are we considering excepting ole' morning joe too?

torchbearer
05-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Are we considering excepting ole' morning joe too?

are you asking for this amendment?
none has been made for him, and i wouldn't consider supporting such an amendment.

polomertz
05-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Premieres June 16th? Who the buttnose would mark their calendars for some stupid show on msnbc..... oh wait. Crap.
Go fuck yourself and die msnbc, except Ratigan.

Anti Federalist
05-28-2010, 02:55 PM

How many points did AJ take away from him :confused:

You are really something else. You have these weird perceptions in your mind that contrast starkly with reality. Do you still watch a lot of TV?

Pwnd.

LOL :D

BlackTerrel
05-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Great, here comes another call from my mother... "are you with any of those scary people I saw on tv??"

Could be worse:

YouTube - Dateline NBC To Catch A Predator - Huge Mix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwFr_VcGMKQ)