PDA

View Full Version : A new project for Liberty - Ron Paul Landowners

JVParkour
05-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Ok guys,

There has not really been an awesome project here in a while, so I thought I would throw this idea out.

I also posted in Grassroots Central, but I wanted to post here for more exposure...

Overview:

In order to have a solid base from which to publicize Ron Paul and Liberty in years to come (hopefully 2012), landowners that support Ron Paul come together to establish a massive, free, billboard campaign.

What Needs To Be Done (in no specific order)

-A professional website, explaining the goals, mobilizing volunteers, and allowing landowners to sign-up needs to be made.

-A list of people who own land, preferably with land bordering high-traffic areas such as highways and major roads, needs to be compiled. These people agree to allow the grassroots to construct billboards on their property.

-A list of people that are good at construction needs to be compiled, as well as a list of people that are willing to help with construction, and other random chores.

-A chip-in needs to be set-up after the landowners and volunteers are organized. This would be in order to purchase construction materials needed to make the billboards, such as concrete, wood, metal framing, etc. These funds could also possibly be used to help travel expenses of the main builders.

Essentially, each billboard on each property would be tailored specifically to that property. If we have two properties available, one being situated on a massive interstate, and the second located along a smaller highway, more funds would be directed towards the first, and better located property.

Another interesting idea is renting out these billboards in downtime, giving the landowner a percentage of revenue, and using that money to fund further projects, or to donate to other worthy causes.

The first goal could be something like a very doable 5 billboards by December, or something like that.

Well, what do yall think? Add suggestions, comments, and whatever you think!

BuddyRey
05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I don't own any land yet, but I very well might in the near future.

Old Ducker
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Billboards are often highly regulated as to where they can be situated (at least they are here). But signs attached to or painted on buildings such as barns in rural areas aren't. You might consider going that route.

MN Patriot
05-28-2010, 09:48 PM
I think billboards are a great idea. The mainstream media can't censor our message when it is posted everywhere people go.

I've thought about the same idea. You see similar billboards all over, not the big commercial ones but private ones along freeways and roads. Maybe the Campaign for Liberty could pick up on this, if they actually want to get some public exposure beyond the internet.

Then we have this outfit, which brought us the "Miss me yet?" billboard in Minnesota that received national attention a while ago: http://www.freedomboardsacrossamerica.com/

pcosmar
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
I own land. On a main road.
And was promised a Large sign in 2008, but it never appeared.

I would gladly put one up.

Icymudpuppy
05-28-2010, 10:05 PM
^ ditto.

Imperial
05-28-2010, 10:30 PM
With all this land why not just build a town instead? You could even name it Paulville...

:P

Good idea though.

pcosmar
05-28-2010, 10:35 PM
With all this land why not just build a town instead? You could even name it Paulville...

:P

Good idea though.

:confused:
I guess my land is on the extreme north side of town.