PDA

View Full Version : OK Florida only 19 Days to go!!!!

ladyliberty
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
As many of you guys already know, the people of Florida have been hassled by City Code Enforcement Officials because they have a "can't put any political signs up until 90 days before the election" rule...

So in 19 days it will be the offical 90 days - so might I suggest we spend the next couple of weeks "laying low" quietly ordering our signs, painting up our banners, chipping in and ordering our billboards, etc., and then on the 20th day we Paint the STATE of Florida Ron! From Pensacola to Miami!

Do y'all remember how Florida became known as "The Plywood State" after Hurricanes Charley, Jean, Frances, Ivan and Wilma blew through here? I think it would be most news worthy if Florida also became known as "The Ron Paul State" in similar fashion! :D

Bodhi
10-12-2007, 03:01 PM
That is a great idea!

steph3n
10-12-2007, 03:01 PM
the rule of days is not constitutional so continue doing it now :)

Lyn
10-12-2007, 03:02 PM
I live in fl and I have been absolutely sickened by the recent persecution by "code enforcement" of RP supporters. Trust me, there is no problem at all with just about any other sign until it comes to RP. I'm all for this idea because they can't do anything at all when it is within their "90 day window".

Cindy
10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
In Manatee and Sarasota counties on the West Coast, our code gives us only 60 days.:(

Plans are in the works for this area though!:D

katao
10-12-2007, 03:15 PM
The contrast from little signage to TONS of signs could make a big impact!

pennycat
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Hold the phone, Charlie! The way I read this 90 day thing is that it means you can post signs on your own property. Meaning when we post them in the public right of way, we are still technically breaking the law. But I don't think they enforce it during that 90 day period.

Bigger question: What would Ron Paul do? I think he would support a little civil disobedience. We need to stand up to this usurpation of our free speech.