PDA

View Full Version : Jack Conway survey from Daily Kos answers/ Card Check:

BamaFanNKy
05-26-2010, 03:53 PM
2) Do you support the Employee Free Choice Act (H.R. 1409/S. 560), including the provision known as "card check"?

I support the Employee Free Choice Act, and believe that unions should be recognized if a majority of employees at a workplace sign cards indicating they wish to organize.

Paul's respnse:
Card Check Said To Play Role in Rand Paul Campaign
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 by admin
David Freddoso of the Washington Examiner takes a look at the positions of the Kentucky candidates for U.S. Senate. Rand Paul, noted son of former presidential candidate Ron Paul, opposes card check while his opponent, Jack Conway, supports the anti-employee, anti-employer job-killing bill.

Of Conway’s support for the Employee Free Choice Act and prevailing wage laws, Freddoso writes, “Along with ‘card-check,’ that last one about ‘prevailing wage’ is political speak for: ‘Hi, I’m a union tool who will happily accept 20 percent unemployment if it helps the AFL-CIO.’”

Just another race where special-interest lobbyists are forcing candidates into supporting bad policy, and it’s becoming bad politics for them.

John Taylor
05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
2) Do you support the Employee Free Choice Act (H.R. 1409/S. 560), including the provision known as "card check"?

I support the Employee Free Choice Act, and believe that unions should be recognized if a majority of employees at a workplace sign cards indicating they wish to organize.

Paul's respnse:
Card Check Said To Play Role in Rand Paul Campaign
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 by admin
David Freddoso of the Washington Examiner takes a look at the positions of the Kentucky candidates for U.S. Senate. Rand Paul, noted son of former presidential candidate Ron Paul, opposes card check while his opponent, Jack Conway, supports the anti-employee, anti-employer job-killing bill.

Of Conway’s support for the Employee Free Choice Act and prevailing wage laws, Freddoso writes, “Along with ‘card-check,’ that last one about ‘prevailing wage’ is political speak for: ‘Hi, I’m a union tool who will happily accept 20 percent unemployment if it helps the AFL-CIO.’”

Just another race where special-interest lobbyists are forcing candidates into supporting bad policy, and it’s becoming bad politics for them.

How will this bode as an election issue in KY? In AZ, support for card check or Cap N Trade are political death sentences.

BamaFanNKy
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
This issue is looming and needs to be explained to Kentuckians. I tested it out today..... no one knew what Card Check issue is.

BamaFanNKy
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
bump

BamaFanNKy
07-15-2010, 12:46 AM
bump

sailingaway
07-15-2010, 05:27 AM
YOu don't need his questionaire to know this, the AFL-CIO is sending out pieces saying 'Rand Paul opposes ALL workers' rights' (which is nonsense, and pretending Rand is against voluntary association, which is ludicrous.) They fail to point out that 'card check' would eliminate a worker's right to a secret ballot on the union question, and subject them to union pressure on their 'vote'.