PDA

View Full Version : Establishing an Independent Polling company

JamesButabi
05-26-2010, 01:04 PM
We are now at the point where we are running various liberty leaning candidates across the country. Many times we are sitting around dumbfounded at the lack of independent polling at crucial times, or criteria used in polling.

Im thinking maybe its time to establish our own. Television stations do it, radio stations do it, why couldn't we? I don't imagine the regulation aspect would be too overwhelming. We could easily fund it via donations, and pay people for the time and effort put into making the calls. Foundational costs would merely consist of creating a database for input and an attractive website as a media outlet for result displays.

Comments or criticisms are welcome.

Kludge
05-26-2010, 01:10 PM
What's wrong with the ones out there? Some companies, like PPP, are even kind enough to take our spam requesting they poll interesting-for-libertarians districts. I'm also not aware of any significant bias in the large established polling corporations. However, if I knew a polling corporation were started by a bunch of libertarians believing numbers weren't supporting the right candidates, it'd have no credibility to me, at least.

How would a company polling unimportant-to-nonlibertarians districts sustain itself?

JamesButabi
05-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Nothing is wrong with the ones out there, they just dont feed us data in many situations we would like. For instance, we have been looking for a primary poll in CT for months now to no avail. The way I imagine, we would basically only do polling for our own interests. We would only do it when we needed, only when the grassroots asks for it. All you really need is a handful of people willing to work for one day at a decent salary.

peacepotpaul
05-26-2010, 03:48 PM
if people know who is funding it, it's going to show the bias, and you'll end up preaching to the choir.

dr. hfn
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
isn't there one called "revolution consultants"?...

specsaregood
05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
It wouldn't be difficult or hard to do with a computer and phone line/lines.
The expensive part as i see it is getting the phone numbers and voters lists in which to get good results.

peacepotpaul
05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
It wouldn't be difficult or hard to do with a computer and phone line/lines.
The expensive part as i see it is getting the phone numbers and voters lists in which to get good results.

dont forget the donotcall regulations

Jordan
05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
There's a lot more to it than just calling registered voters up.

specsaregood
05-26-2010, 04:48 PM
dont forget the donotcall regulations

Doesn't apply to polling firms such as being discussed.
And wouldn't be hard to add a "press 9" to be removed from the calling list option.

https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/faq/faqbusiness.aspx#who

Who is covered by the National Do Not Call Registry?

The National Do Not Call Registry applies to any plan, program, or campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls. This includes telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers in exchange for payment.

The National Do Not Call Registry does not limit calls by political organizations, charities, or telephone surveyors

specsaregood
05-26-2010, 04:49 PM
There's a lot more to it than just calling registered voters up.

Well there is some math involved. :)