PDA

View Full Version : Massively Important!

xcalybur
10-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I put out a call to Ron Paul supporters to call in to the Daily Source Code phone line (Adam Curry's podcast) and we had over 50 people call in. This is huge! He didn't have any other supporters call in. Adam in his latest podcast #671 put whole 25 mins in about Ron Paul and how his views are perfectly aligned with Ron Paul. He said that he will mobilize and raise a "SHIT TON" of cash for Ron Paul if:

HE CAN TALK TO RON PAUL ON HIS SHOW!!! He wants to ask him some questions and have an exclusive interview with Ron Paul.

This would be ENORMOUS. Adam Curry and the company he has are huge. His influence world wide is large. He has the ear of a TON of big corporations and when he says he can raise a "SHIT TON" of money, he isn't kidding.

We really need someone at the campaign to make this interview happen. Maybe he can become a semi-regular on his show if Adam wants that. I know that he does Alex Jones show about once a month or so. He could easily do that for Adam.

Please, make this important. It will be the surge we need!

TheIndependent
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok, as someone who's followed Adam Curry's online exploits since 1996, THIS IS HUGE. HUGE HUGE HUGE.

KewlRonduderules
10-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Are you able to contact the campaign directly?

JAHOGS
10-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Someone get a hold of the campaign and see if they will do this.

Ninja Homer
10-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Wow! That is huge!

Is he contacting the campaign directly, or does he need people to help him get in touch to set it up? I would guess a lot of people have already contacted the campaign about it.

yoshimaroka
10-12-2007, 01:43 PM
A shit ton! Huge! Bump

paulitics
10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
someone close to the campaign, please make this happen.

Noog
10-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow...

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Has he contacted the campaign to request and interview?

FluffyUnbound
10-12-2007, 01:49 PM
I have to admit I haven't heard of this show. Can someone educate me on this?

KewlRonduderules
10-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I have to admit I haven't heard of this show. Can someone educate me on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Curry

ConstitutionGal
10-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Has he contacted the campaign to request and interview?

When we were working with HQ from here in Nashville to set up the interviews before the rally last weekend, HQ told us that they had to receive an invitation from the show who wanted to do the interview. Somebody needs to get the word to this talk-show host that he needs to call the campaign HQ and talk to Jesse Benton.

Original_Intent
10-12-2007, 01:56 PM
I don't know who Adam Curry is, but I do understand a shit ton means a LOT! :D

LOL after reading the wikipedia article my response is "Oh, THAT Adam Curry!" I had no idea he ahd done anything with himslef since MTV days!

ItsTime
10-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Has anyone contacted them yet? lets not flood him with calls it only takes a few haha!

When we were working with HQ from here in Nashville to set up the interviews before the rally last weekend, HQ told us that they had to receive an invitation from the show who wanted to do the interview. Somebody needs to get the word to this talk-show host that he needs to call the campaign HQ and talk to Jesse Benton.

rajibo
10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Here's a link to today's show. I'm listening to it now:

http://www.dailysourcecode.com/

Tidewise
10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Dude - is this the same Adam Curry from the nascent MTV News back when I was child? NICE. For God's sake, can someone from the campaign confirm they are working on this?

Anti-Donkey
10-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Who needs James Dobson when you have the Podfather? :D

Akus
10-12-2007, 02:32 PM
I have contacted campaign on numerous occasions. They're swamped with invitations. Just like this guy wants Paul for an interview, so does everyone else. I really wish Paul's campaign took advantage of this opportunity, but I am afraid Rand Paul or Rob Paul is the closest he'll get.

which is really sad, assuming that this personality is as huge as the TS claims it is.

lynnf
10-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Has anyone contacted them yet? lets not flood him with calls it only takes a few haha!

send a private message on this forum to Bradley in DC - if he hasn't seen this already in the thread that would get to him, I believe he has contacts at HQ. and if this Adam Curry is as big as y'all say he is, surely the campaign will part the waters to get Ron on.

lynn

speciallyblend
10-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't know who Adam Curry is, but I do understand a shit ton means a LOT! :D

LOL after reading the wikipedia article my response is "Oh, THAT Adam Curry!" I had no idea he ahd done anything with himslef since MTV days!

One of the original MTV VJ's ,I WANT MY MTV ,huge huge following and impact

PLEASE PLEASE WE NEED THIS TO HAPPEN,GET HIM ON ASAP

speciallyblend
10-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Who needs James Dobson when you have the Podfather? :D

True Dat

ValidusCustodiae
10-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I hope someone has let Adam Curry's office know that Ron Paul's campaign will only field interview requests that come directly from the interviewer.

Noog
10-12-2007, 02:43 PM
How much money are we talking about?

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 02:44 PM
This was REALLY good guys. I just listened to the podcast and he spent like 30 minutes on RP. He played a few of the calls made to the number posted in this thread, he played some of RP's stuff at the debates, and talked about the fact that he checked him out and REALLY liked what RP is saying.

He even said, "I think I'm in LOVE!"

Our activism is working!

Who has the number for the VM again? I'd like to call him and thank him and ask him to contact the campaign directly for an interview.

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I am a really big online dork and I have no idea who this is.

Jimmy
That is HUGE :cool:

rajibo
This was REALLY good guys. I just listened to the podcast and he spent like 30 minutes on RP. He played a few of the calls made to the number posted in this thread, he played some of RP's stuff at the debates, and talked about the fact that he checked him out and REALLY liked what RP is saying.

Our activism is working!

Yeah, although poor Betty's gonna get a lot of phone calls...

brandon
10-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Same here. Maybe i'm too young...i'm only 23

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 02:51 PM

Check out his Wiki page.

xcalybur
10-12-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm not exactly sure, but when he was saying that he wanted to get him a "Shit Load" of money he was talking about being competitive with Hillary and Baracks 50-100 Million. If you think about it, it's not that hard. He can mobilize about half of his supporters to donate. That would be about 500,000 people. If they all gave $100 that would be 50 Million.

The key to Adam Curry is that when he wants something to happen, it does. If he wants to raise 50 Million it will happen. He has that kind of influence. His show the Daily Source Code was in syndication with Serius Satellite for a long time.

AlexAmore
10-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Same...

I'm seeing all this http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt2_willy_nilly.gif and i'm all like http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt2_saddevil.gif and they're all like http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt2_banana.gif and i'm all like http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt2_blockhead.gif and they're all like http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt2_drool.gif and i'm all like http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt2_banghead.gif

Question_Authority
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I put out a call to Ron Paul supporters to call in to the Daily Source Code phone line (Adam Curry's podcast) and we had over 50 people call in. This is huge! He didn't have any other supporters call in. Adam in his latest podcast #671 put whole 25 mins in about Ron Paul and how his views are perfectly aligned with Ron Paul. He said that he will mobilize and raise a "SHIT TON" of cash for Ron Paul if:

HE CAN TALK TO RON PAUL ON HIS SHOW!!! He wants to ask him some questions and have an exclusive interview with Ron Paul.

This would be ENORMOUS. Adam Curry and the company he has are huge. His influence world wide is large. He has the ear of a TON of big corporations and when he says he can raise a "SHIT TON" of money, he isn't kidding.

We really need someone at the campaign to make this interview happen. Maybe he can become a semi-regular on his show if Adam wants that. I know that he does Alex Jones show about once a month or so. He could easily do that for Adam.

Please, make this important. It will be the surge we need!

I emailed Lew Moore (he gave me his email once) and a couple of NH campaign people. Have not heard back. :( I will try again. But I cannot speak articulately on the issue of Adam Curry. The campaign has a phone number on their web site. Pick up the phone and call!

Noog
I'm not exactly sure, but when he was saying that he wanted to get him a "Shit Load" of money he was talking about being competitive with Hillary and Baracks 50-100 Million. If you think about it, it's not that hard. He can mobilize about half of his supporters to donate. That would be about 500,000 people. If they all gave $100 that would be 50 Million.

The key to Adam Curry is that when he wants something to happen, it does. If he wants to raise 50 Million it will happen. He has that kind of influence. His show the Daily Source Code was in syndication with Serius Satellite for a long time.

If what you say is true, it would be a tragedy for HQ not to act on this ASAP.

xcalybur
Here are Adam Curry's phone service numbers again. Please leave a good message and ask him to call the campaign.

In the US 1-201-625-6357
International +44 207-681-3753

Also, do we have a phone number that he can call directly instead of the ALWAYS busy 1-800-RON-PAUL? Or maybe an email address?

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Wow, this guy is REALLY serious about supporting RP. We need to make this happen! Seriously!

xcalybur
10-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Adam Curry is huge into social networking type stuff. He is big into being able to track things almost instantaneously and Ron Paul's campaign with their live money track on his website is right up Adam's alley.

Another thing that people who know of Adam Curry don't know is that he is a helluva business man. He started the phenomenon of podcasting and is directly taking on the major record labels with his own company that publishes podcasts for podcasters as well as allows music artists to have their music online and available for free for podcasters under the royalty free creative commons license. He is doing extremely well for himself and flys all over the world all the time for meetings with big companies and such.

JAHOGS
10-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Here are Adam Curry's phone service numbers again. Please leave a good message and ask him to call the campaign.

In the US 1-201-625-6357

Also, do we have a phone number that he can call directly instead of the ALWAYS busy 1-800-RON-PAUL? Or maybe an email address?

Exactly. I am sure once Adam gets the message of him needing to contact the HQ to get the interview. I would hope we got him a number where he only has to call once to ask and let it go from there.

bbachtung
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
How about calling / contacting the fundraising coordinator for RP? That would probably result in a more productive outcome since this does appear to fall under the umbrella of fundraising.

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I just left a great message letting him know some of us were working on getting an RP interview for him. I also suggested he call the campaign and left the phone number for him.

lynnf
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Adam Curry is huge into social networking type stuff. He is big into being able to track things almost instantaneously and Ron Paul's campaign with their live money track on his website is right up Adam's alley.

Another thing that people who know of Adam Curry don't know is that he is a helluva business man. He started the phenomenon of podcasting and is directly taking on the major record labels with his own company that publishes podcasts for podcasters as well as allows music artists to have their music online and available for free for podcasters under the royalty free creative commons license. He is doing extremely well for himself and flys all over the world all the time for meetings with big companies and such.

hey, xcalybur, I sent you a private message on this forum -- please check it

lynn

Question_Authority
10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Here is the campaign phone number: 703-248-9115

I am at the podcast. is this just supposed to be audio? Or video too? Not sure if my plug-in is working right.

And I am hearing a long song...is this is a mix of music and talk?

I'm so confused...guess I'm over the hill at 40.

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Here is the campaign phone number: 703-248-9115

I am at the podcast. is this just supposed to be audio? Or video too? Not sure if my plug-in is working right.

And I am hearing a long song...is this is a mix of music and talk?

I'm so confused...guess I'm over the hill at 40.

Yes, it's a mix of music and talk. He doesn't get into RP until the last 30 minutes or so of the show.

ghemminger
10-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow - I have never heard of adam curry

xcalybur
10-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Yes it is audio only. He company does audio as well as video, but his show is audio only. For a long time before he was an MTV VJ he was a Radio DJ and he believes in the purity of audio. When you hear him talking you will hear the exceptional sound quality. He prides himself in that. He also lives near London, UK and does his podcast from his house most of the time. When he is in other countries he will bring a portable setup and record on the road. His is a mix of Talk and music and usually on Friday's he'll do Fubar Friday and do about 90% music. This Friday he decided to do a lot of talking especially about Ron Paul.

BTW, two of my recordings got on his show. I'm the idiot that states this is my second shot at this and the first one was crappy because I was nervous. I didn't think he would play that part and near the very end I am Chris Stone from Houston, TX. The last one was my first attempt. Hearing it on the podcast though, I don't think it was as bad as I thought.

james1844
10-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Guys,

The campaign might be too busy to help with this, the thing to do is lobby Adam to get a fundraiser set up.

Just make it happen, if HQ isn't responsive, then just follow the Ron Paul philosophy of self reliance.

Best,

James

Question_Authority
10-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I emailed Lew Moore (he gave me his email once) and a couple of NH campaign people. Have not heard back. :( I will try again. But I cannot speak articulately on the issue of Adam Curry. The campaign has a phone number on their web site. Pick up the phone and call!

Guys,

The campaign might be too busy to help with this, the thing to do is lobby Adam to get a fundraiser set up.

Just make it happen, if HQ isn't responsive, then just follow the Ron Paul philosophy of self reliance.

Best,

James

But I think Adam said he would hold off until he interviews Dr Paul. Maybe if we flood him with enough phone calls...

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Guys,

Best,

James

Too busy to grant an interview on a popular podcast? Umm, why is that?

I just sent an email to Lew at LewRockwell with some info on this as well, asked him to post it on his blog. :D

AlexAmore
10-12-2007, 03:33 PM
It just needs to be a phone interview right? That shouldn't be hard.

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
It just needs to be a phone interview right? That shouldn't be hard.

Yep, just a phone interview (the guy broadcasts from the U.K)

xcalybur
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, a phone interview. I don't think Ron Paul wants to fly to London for a face to face. The podcast isn't even in video, it's audio only.

RP4ME
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes, it's a mix of music and talk. He doesn't get into RP until the last 30 minutes or so of the show.

But which show due I dowlod to hear bout RP?

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Here's a direct link to the episode in question: http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=detail&episode_id=82943

RP4ME
10-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Here's a direct link to the episode in question: http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=detail&episode_id=82943

Can u fast forward in the show

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Can u fast forward in the show

Yes, the controls are on the left. You have to wait for it to download though so you can skip to that part.

Freedom
10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Contact Don Rasmussen, Special Assistant to RP 08 PCC at free2smooze at hotmail dot com. He can get the message to the right people. I would do it but I don't know much about the podcaster guy and his claims.

McDermit
10-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, a phone interview. I don't think Ron Paul wants to fly to London for a face to face. The podcast isn't even in video, it's audio only.

You have a PM.

RP4ME
10-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes, the controls are on the left. You have to wait for it to download though so you can skip to that part.

thanks I like it - and Im aand ancient 36 years old so Im so out of whats hip...but I dig this show...thanks and even more if he loves PAul

1000-points-of-fright
10-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Hmmmm, he can raise a shit ton of money IF he gets an interview with RP? What happens if he doesn't get an interview? Sounds a little like coercion to me.

If he was really a supporter he'd be raising money regardless of getting an interview. He may be. I dunno.

DrNoZone
10-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Hmmmm, he can raise a shit ton of money IF he gets an interview with RP? What happens if he doesn't get an interview? Sounds a little like coercion to me.

If he was really a supporter he'd be raising money regardless of getting an interview. He may be. I dunno.

He said maybe he would endorse him anyway, even without an interview.

You have to understand, the guy had never heard about RP until we all started calling in.

Listen to the show before you start making judgments, seriously.

Roxi
10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact

ronpaulitician
10-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I e-mailed Bill Dumas.

RP4ME
10-12-2007, 04:52 PM
This is great - Im so happy to hear someone who has some sense who can reach these folks !!!!

sunny
10-12-2007, 05:18 PM

In the US 1-201-625-6357

HQ's number is on the home page - the link - very bottom of page on right - contact us!

oops! just saw roxic27 posted it too!

xcalybur
10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Thank you everyone for your help with this.

jointhefightforfreedom
10-12-2007, 05:27 PM

Holy @$%$# This site has some serious bandwidth!!!

I downloaded the 55.5 meg file in 2 sec

1000-points-of-fright
10-12-2007, 05:43 PM
OK, I listened to the show. I retract my previous post. Adam is down with the struggle. Plus, he was the only MTV VJ in those early days that knew anything about rock'n'roll and wasn't a total douche.

TechnoGuyRob
10-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Bump!

rajibo
10-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Bump!

What is the motivation behind bumping a thread already at the top of the list?

http://home.houston.rr.com/incoming6six6/bump.jpg

jointhefightforfreedom
10-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Getting Ron Paul on the Adam Curry Show could Begin a Whirlwind of Celeb endorsements for Dr Paul !!! Not to mention the $$$millions and $$$millions of Dollars Adam Can raise

werdd
10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
We need to jump on this, im going to email HQ requesting he does do this... this man is a genious - and a well known TV personality. And he likes ron paul??? let's go for it!

werdd
10-12-2007, 06:10 PM
mail@ronpaul2008.com Is the contact i used

Green Mountain Boy
10-12-2007, 06:27 PM
We need to jump on this, im going to email HQ requesting he does do this... this man is a genious - and a well known TV personality. And he likes ron paul??? let's go for it!

Emailing the campaign is not the correct way to go about this. It just gums up the works at HQ. It's already been made clear in this thread that the campaign only responds to the INTERVIEWERS for media appearances.

qsecofr
10-12-2007, 06:38 PM
We need a website like digg but for action items that we can vote on to allow constructive input to HQ. They could use it as radar for important contacts/events the internet campaign finds.

Only one person in HQ would really have to monitor it and it would fuel the whole addictive transparency thing we got going on with the donation counter.

Shink
10-12-2007, 06:55 PM

He even said, "I think I'm in LOVE!"

Our activism is working!

Who has the number for the VM again? I'd like to call him and thank him and ask him to contact the campaign directly for an interview.

Can this get GoogTubed for handicapped Wii users like myself to be able to hear this?

jointhefightforfreedom
10-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Ive cut the audio down to the ron paul part and i am uploading it now!

I will post the link shortly

jointhefightforfreedom
10-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I got a feeling this is gonna hurt (bandwidth) but here goes anyway !
I have is streaming http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/90

a couple bucks to the site would be greatly appreciated

McDermit
10-12-2007, 08:30 PM
even if he just raised a fraction of a shit ton, it'd be awesome.

xcalybur
10-13-2007, 12:11 AM
I think I'll call Adam and give him some direct numbers that I have been given. Thanks everyone.

OptionsTrader
10-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Are we talking the MTV Adam Curry?

McDermit
10-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Are we talking the MTV Adam Curry?

yes

winston_blade
10-13-2007, 12:23 AM
How do we know that this guy can bring in the big bucks?

RP4ME
10-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I think I'll call Adam and give him some direct numbers that I have been given. Thanks everyone.

yes yes yes - we should all leave him messages to call Pauls campign

Roxi
10-13-2007, 12:28 AM
just to be factual, Ron Paul doesn't want to Legalize marijuana he is for decriminalizing it on the federal level and leaving it up to the states

lasenorita
10-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Thank you for the stream jointhefightforfreedom! It'd be great if Adam gets to interview Dr. Paul. I'm sure he'll ask the questions that a new supporter (like myself as well) would like answered. I'll definitely be looking forward to it! I'm off to e-mail the Ron Paul campaign to encourage them to accept the invitation (once Adam makes the request, of course!). Hopefully, HQ will reply positively.

chowda
10-13-2007, 06:43 AM
listening to the whole show now... the description of the show in the podcast feed is "rEVOLution" :)

Starks
10-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Does he want a phone interview or a review done in person?

goldstandard
10-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Any developments?

chowda
10-13-2007, 07:08 AM
33 minutes in... no mention yet :) 47 to go.

BrianH
10-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Any developments?

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_On_Adam_Curry_Show_10_12_07_Adam_Curry_En dorses_Ron_Paul

only 28 diggs right now

goldstandard
10-13-2007, 07:16 AM
dugg

Begood
10-13-2007, 07:25 AM
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_On_Adam_Curry_Show_10_12_07_Adam_Curry_En dorses_Ron_Paul

only 28 diggs right now

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

BrianH
10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Does he want a phone interview or a review done in person?

he lives in UK. I am listening to his podcast today which has clips of Ron Paul and discussion today starts about 50 mins in. He's saying he got 50 callers endorsing Ron Paul and he'll consider endorsing him

BrianH
10-13-2007, 07:31 AM
I guess this show was made yesterday but has a long positive segment on Ron Paul:
http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=detail&episode_id=82943

BrianH
10-13-2007, 07:40 AM
"We can get this guy elected" Adam Curry "get him on the phone for me and I will be a loyal supporter forever"

20 minutes of coverage 50-70 mins in and closes with 5 minutes of endorsements from callers

chowda
10-13-2007, 07:43 AM
finally got to the RP part.. and he played my call..

this coverage is really great.. I created a new thread with a title that gives more info than "Massively Important" :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24886

jointhefightforfreedom
10-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

its back up i knew it would get hit hard! LOL

Noog
10-13-2007, 04:01 PM
When is Adam's next show?

chowda
10-13-2007, 04:03 PM
When is Adam's next show?

it's been sporadic lately... but he will probably do at least 2 during the week next week. but the soonest will be monday evening sometime, i think.

Roxi
10-13-2007, 04:04 PM
i just listened to the clip, ha ha my boyfriend got on there too :)

i think he was cool, definitely not a snooty "if he comes on ill endorse him"

ValidusCustodiae
10-13-2007, 06:39 PM
That was a great piece, and Ron Paul IS Pro Life, there's no reason to be ashamed of that. I think it was very favorable and shows we are all right in saying Ron Paul can do it as long as we all press on!

frasu
10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
any news from HQ? there will be an interview?

frasu
10-13-2007, 07:34 PM
i just listened to the show... it would be so fantastic... I really, really hope we could get Dr. Paul on his show to give a kick to the fundraiser...

richard1984
10-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I got a feeling this is gonna hurt (bandwidth) but here goes anyway !
I have is streaming http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/90

a couple bucks to the site would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for that!

Man! That was refreshing!!! :D

I'm excited. RP definitely needs to call that man SOON!!! :cool:

Thunderbolt
10-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Don't email the campaign. They get 15,000 emails a day. They will never see your email. If you want help, ask for a specific person and leave them a message, but it is unlikely that the campaign will respond to a request for an interview with this guy unless someone tells them that this is a phone interview only and explains who this guy is and why it is important.

Do not get stopped with the phone answers. They ignore you completely! Get them to pass you on up to someone else. Don't stop calling. Do what you can to get the person on the phone. Tell them you are calling from the interviewers office and you need to speak to someone. Only one person do this however. The guy who started this thread should be the one.

The campaign is overwhelmed right now and can't tell which interviews are more important than others. You must explain to them why this one is important - it is over the phone - the guy has a large audience - he has experience in fundraising and has done so in the past -the interview shouldn't take too long - it could result in tons of other celeb endorsements because of his contacts, etc. Make it clear to them why this is important or it will get buried.

Do not stop until you actually speak to the person who is handling requests for interviews. No messages. They are ineffective, time consuming and won't help you one bit.

powertothepeople
10-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Don't email the campaign. They get 15,000 emails a day. They will never see your email. If you want help, ask for a specific person and leave them a message, but it is unlikely that the campaign will respond to a request for an interview with this guy unless someone tells them that this is a phone interview only and explains who this guy is and why it is important.

Do not get stopped with the phone answers. They ignore you completely! Get them to pass you on up to someone else. Don't stop calling. Do what you can to get the person on the phone. Tell them you are calling from the interviewers office and you need to speak to someone. Only one person do this however. The guy who started this thread should be the one.

The campaign is overwhelmed right now and can't tell which interviews are more important than others. You must explain to them why this one is important - it is over the phone - the guy has a large audience - he has experience in fundraising and has done so in the past -the interview shouldn't take too long - it could result in tons of other celeb endorsements because of his contacts, etc. Make it clear to them why this is important or it will get buried.

Do not stop until you actually speak to the person who is handling requests for interviews. No messages. They are ineffective, time consuming and won't help you one bit.

Bump....

Noog
10-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Thunderbolt: You sound like you know your stuff. Maybe you should be the one to call?

jointhefightforfreedom
10-14-2007, 12:45 AM
LOL too many chiefs and not enough indians!

qsecofr
10-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Sometimes we also suffer from too many indians and not enough chiefs ;)

entropy
10-14-2007, 08:37 AM
I hope someone in the campaign will make this happen

frasu
10-14-2007, 09:17 AM
quick bump

kmj.ronpaul
10-14-2007, 11:00 AM
I did email Mr. Rasmussen from Paul's campaign, and I got the reply:

"We have reached out to [Adam Curry] and are waiting for a reply."

Hopefully this will work out!

JAHOGS
10-14-2007, 11:02 AM

Awesome. I hope it does all work out.

Noog
10-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Fantastic!

Flirple
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Good job people. Let's hope this happens.

BrianH
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I have been sending out the link of the Friday podcast to people to download and fast forward to 47 mins for the 20 mins of Ron Paul discussion. But it takes a while to download. I was wondering if someone could edit the file so we could e-mail it as an attachment. I don't know how to do it. But it would help a lot. Any ideas?

The link is: http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=detail&episode_id=82943

dt_
10-15-2007, 01:01 AM
any updates on this?

RP4ME
10-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Great News!

unconsious767
10-15-2007, 02:32 AM
I have been sending out the link of the Friday podcast to people to download and fast forward to 47 mins for the 20 mins of Ron Paul discussion. But it takes a while to download. I was wondering if someone could edit the file so we could e-mail it as an attachment. I don't know how to do it. But it would help a lot. Any ideas?

The link is: http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=detail&episode_id=82943

I've uploaded the edited file to -->mediafire<-- (http://www.mediafire.com/?ekj9mmqnv9g), time 25:47 -- 17.7MB

Its a merging of 2 sections:
section 1 -- time 21:29 -- 14.7MB
section 2 -- time 04:18 -- 2.95MB

If you have problems acquiring or want it cut differently, let me know.

sunny
10-15-2007, 06:26 AM
wow, just listened to adam curry in the link someone provided which was
edited to the dr. paul part..........many thanks to whoever, i forget! it was great!

ADAM CURRY IS HOOKED AND THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

i think calling HQ today will help......i'm going to call.
i know that when you call hq lots of times the people who don't have any emails
listed on the page are there at the office.
today would be excellent too cuz there is nothing scheduled for dr. paul for a few days.

jonathan bydlak, jesse benton, lew moore and kent snyder are the ones we need to reach i think - jeff frazee too. he's down there.

hey, how about rachel mills in dc now?

HQ said in their update that i got that they NEED to raise the 12 million by December 31.......it's not some off the wall figure........that's what we need to compete. here's the message:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
October 10, 2007

Around the beginning of August, our campaign set a fundraising goal for the third quarter. We decided that we had to raise $5,000,000 by September 30th. At the time, we weren't sure we could meet that goal.

But meet it we did, thanks to you. And during the last week, Ron Paul received more press than he did during the previous nine months of our campaign.

Now it's the start of the final quarter of the primary season. We've set a goal again, and this time, we're letting everyone track our progress throughout the quarter - the first campaign in history to disclose immediately every cent that is raised.

Our fundraising target for the 4th quarter is $12,000,000.

Without a doubt, this won't be easy. But this goal is not optional.

Other campaigns spend frivolously. Some even pour millions of dollars of their own money into their campaigns. We do not have either of these luxuries.

This is a goal that we must meet if Ron Paul is to win the Republican nomination for President.

We all need to redouble our efforts. Please get us off to a great start this month by making your most generous donation now: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Then tell your friends, family - even people you don't know - about Ron Paul and our message of freedom. And don't forget to look for your name and watch Lady Liberty's torch light up after you make your donation: http://www.ronpaul2008.com

We only have one chance.

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if this guy adam curry ( i never heard of him until friday nite) can bring in millions as
has been written here in the forums then WE NEED HIM NOW

Tom29
10-15-2007, 08:02 AM
bump

DjLoTi
10-15-2007, 08:03 AM
The world is a much larger place then people are anticipating.

BrianH
10-15-2007, 08:25 AM
I've uploaded the edited file to -->mediafire<-- (http://www.mediafire.com/?ekj9mmqnv9g), time 25:47 -- 17.7MB

Its a merging of 2 sections:
section 1 -- time 21:29 -- 14.7MB
section 2 -- time 04:18 -- 2.95MB

If you have problems acquiring or want it cut differently, let me know.

PERFECT! Thanks a lot!

xcalybur
10-15-2007, 09:18 AM
HUGE Update:

Adam Curry posted a new show today: DSC 672 (http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=detail&episode_id=83310). In the show he gushes over Ron Paul again and plays a voice mail left by Rassmusen from the campaign stating that Ron Paul would love to do his show and that he just needs to call him to set it up. He also talks about Aaron Russo on his show and Freedom to Fascism. He stated that he WILL support Ron Paul and he will do fund raising for him.

More to come.

JaylieWoW
10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Simply... awesome! :D