PDA

View Full Version : If something happens and Ron Paul loses the primaries....

Akus
10-12-2007, 01:06 PM
and thus is unable to become President even as a thir party contender a la Ross Perot, we all need to organize a nationwide effort and vote for a Libertarian candidate whoever it may be. Hopefully, LP can get a 50 state ballot, like it did back in 2004. If it does, we all absolutely have to vote for the third choice. If we are seriously organized about it, a Libertarian may very well win the nomination.

I want you to seriously consider this.

jaumen
10-12-2007, 01:09 PM
and thus is unable to become President even as a thir party contender a la Ross Perot, we all need to organize a nationwide effort and vote for a Libertarian candidate whoever it may be. Hopefully, LP can get a 50 state ballot, like it did back in 2004. If it does, we all absolutely have to vote for the third choice. If we are seriously organized about it, a Libertarian may very well win the nomination.

I will seriously consider voting for ANY candidate that supports Ron Paul's views in the event that Paul is not the republican nominee. There is no other candidate in the republican or democratic parties that I can vote for in good conscience.

jrich4rpaul
10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
What about write-ins?

Starks
10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
no! We Vote For Ron As Write-in Candidate!

mconder
10-12-2007, 01:18 PM
More than just the presidency, we need to get as many people into the house and senate as possible, so we can seed the possibility for a future Ron Paul type presidential run for someone else. Hell, if we can get enough people in Congress we wouldn't need the presidency.

Johnnybags
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
secede and make him President there. I do no think NH has many FEDERAL needs.

Razmear
10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Fearing the DHS I'll answer in a song:
http://www.bluesbrewsbbq.com/mojo/2000Denver/14_Mojo%20Nixon_7-7-00_You%20Can't%20Kill%20Me.mp3

BillyDkid
10-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey, I'm writing in Ron Paul. We are all free to vote for Ron Paul for President whether he gets the nomination or not, right?

Bob Cochran
10-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey, I'm writing in Ron Paul. We are all free to vote for Ron Paul for President whether he gets the nomination or not, right?
Yeah, last I checked...

AlexAmore
10-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm writing Ron Paul in if it comes down to it...

Also move to NH and help us secede! http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt2_mad.gif

libertarianguy
10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
test

jjschless
10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Akus, you consistantly create threads with negative headlines about negative topics. You have been doing this for a while now and I have called you on it before. What do you hope to achieve? Do you really think this is going to create the doubt and uncertainly you are looking for?

Dr. Paul has stated time and again that he is not going run 3rd party. We must take him at his word and forget about the third party route. He will get the Republican nomination, a positive attitude is all we need. I encourage others to ignore threads like this and focus on threads whose means are productive.

Severius
10-12-2007, 02:00 PM

I completely agree.

Ninja Homer
10-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Quit pissing in the Kool-Aid!

There's SO much good news coming out today. NBC covering Ron Paul walks around the country. The "A New Hope" video is about to get 12k diggs in a little over a day. Adam Curry wants to raise a "shit ton" of money for Ron Paul through his podcast. The online fundraising figures do not include the offline donations. Lots more...

There's no reason to think Ron Paul won't win the primary.

If you really want to know how I feel, watch my video, my answer is in there:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOx4Hxi49no

Original_Intent
10-12-2007, 02:02 PM

ditto for me and my household.

Grandson of Liberty
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
, we all need to organize a nationwide effort and vote for a Libertarian candidate whoever it may be.

I would submit that is just as bad as voting for Republicans or Democrats "whoever it may be." That's what's gotten us into this mess. I'll vote for a candidate, not a party, and if that means a write-in, so be it.

granny miller
10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
I have already planned to write him in. :) I will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

I'm NOT voting for anybody except Ron Paul

huchahucha
10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Write-ins aren't allowed everywhere - for instance Oklahoma. And it can be tough to get a third party candidate on a state ballot - especially in Oklahoma. I know all this because I live - in Oklahoma.

I suggest a "Leave it Blank" campaign, as in show up to vote but leave the Presidential part of the ballot blank. Talk about wreaking havoc on the system! If it ever becomes certain that Ron Paul is out of the Presidential race, all we would have to do is switch gears and swarm the internet and other outlets with "Leave it Blank" propaganda, and all the while let the MSM know exactly who is doing it. The whole foundation for such a movement is already laid.

On election day, if we can cause a substantial spike of "undecided" ballots across the country, we will have flexed our muscles and made an amazing statement. If it is another close race between the Democrat and Republican candidates, whomever wins will have to face the fact that they did not actually win the popular vote. It would really turn into a big crap sandwich for everyone except us.

apropos
10-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Write-ins are allowed in my state, and I will be voting for Paul whether it is write in or not!

r3volution
10-12-2007, 02:15 PM
these "if Ron loses" posts are stupid , all of them should be moved to the trash bin ..

Thom1776
10-12-2007, 02:16 PM

Some states deny write-ins, which is unconstitutional and should be legally challenged in these states, IMMEDIATELY!!

If we get to write-in Ron Paul in all 50 states, then we still have hope. I call this "Plan B".

I'd rather not think about "Plan C".

libertarianguy
10-12-2007, 02:19 PM
test

Thom1776
10-12-2007, 02:21 PM
these "if Ron loses" posts are stupid , all of them should be moved to the trash bin ..

Being optimistic is one thing, but being overconfident to the point of not being prepared in case things don't work out is stupid.

Being successful in life often depends on having well thought out contingency plans.

Akus
10-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Being optimistic is one thing, but being overconfident to the point of not being prepared in case things don't work out is stupid.
Being successful in life often depends on having well thought out contingency plans.

jjschless did you read that?

And I am for writing his name in, but I understand, and tell me otherwise if I'm wrong, that doesn't count as a vote for him in some states. That's all. I am not pessimistic, I am pragmatic.

Matt Collins
10-12-2007, 05:44 PM
If something happens and Ron Paul loses the primaries....See my signature :D

Texan4RP
10-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Let me ask this question. I figure with an electronic ballot you type in his name. Is that harder for them to change the vote for him that is cast. I'm talking about the Diebold scam stuff.

hard@work
10-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Ron Paul says "you spend all your time trying to get on ballots".

I say, "No, WE spend our time trying to get you on the ballot".

Imo.

jjschless
10-12-2007, 06:56 PM
jjschless did you read that?

And I am for writing his name in, but I understand, and tell me otherwise if I'm wrong, that doesn't count as a vote for him in some states. That's all. I am not pessimistic, I am pragmatic. :rolleyes:

We don't need to plan for that. If Dr. Paul said he will not run 3rd party you sure as hell can't force him. Dr. Paul's future is his decision and you need to accept that, even if you don't like his decision.

Wasting time and energy on what-if's will not help win the Republican nomination.

And this isn't life we are talking about but rather a political campaign. Work on spreading the message and name of Ron Paul and let the officail campaign do their job. Our focus ought to be on the primaries and nothing else. Distraction and division beget weakness.

As I said Akus your history of starting threads shows a strong pessimism. I will not hesitate to denounce future negative/trollish threads of your's.

PineGroveDave
10-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Seamaiden and I will write Ron Paul in as well. We will not vote for anyone else.

Spirit of '76
10-12-2007, 08:37 PM

True.

Daveforliberty
10-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I will write in Ron Paul no matter what.