PDA

View Full Version : Obama To Send 1200 Troops To US/Mexican Border

Reason
05-25-2010, 02:43 PM
YouTube - Obama To Send 1200 Troops To Mexican Border (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGyT1nnHfwQ)

torchbearer
05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
why is the federal government controlling state troops?

Lord Xar
05-25-2010, 02:54 PM
why is the federal government controlling state troops?

That is a good question. I was under the assumption each state could deploy their own national guard as they see fit -- Even if that was the case, why hasn't Arizona deployed prior to this...

blah, more posturing and manuevering.

edit: I do remember something during Katrina that Govt was suppose to assume more control over national guard, over the governors in National Guard usage.

torchbearer
05-25-2010, 03:06 PM
That is a good question. I was under the assumption each state could deploy their own national guard as they see fit -- Even if that was the case, why hasn't Arizona deployed prior to this...

blah, more posturing and manuevering.

edit: I do remember something during Katrina that Govt was suppose to assume more control over national guard, over the governors in National Guard usage.

the governor of louisiana had to give permission to the president to mobilize our guard. probably for coordination reasons.
that is a good question though, why hasn't the border states used their own guard on the borders?