PDA

View Full Version : Rand says of past week "It was the best of times; it was the worst of times"

sailingaway
05-25-2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2010/05/25/rand_paul_makes_1st_public_appearance_since_gaffes/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news

MichelleHeart
05-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Haha. Awesome.

jmdrake
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2010/05/25/1274815859_5908/539w.jpg

Back to the scrubs. Good move.

sailingaway
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
I thought scrbs were a bit odd out of the office, but whatever he wants, really.

Aratus
05-25-2010, 02:30 PM
correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that he cancelled the 'meet the press' gig in order
to rest up and then deal with one of his long-term patients that he may have booked in advance!

Trigonx
05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that he cancelled the 'meet the press' gig in order
to rest up and then deal with one of his long-term patients that he may have booked in advance!

The fact that Rand still does his job as an eye surgeon and campaigns at the same time escapes the MSM. "WHAT!!! a busy man like himself can't appear on the holy MTP, The Heresy!."

Aratus
05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
its also not like him or his father to play up their private lives for mass media consumption...
he made a decision, he then rested up and then had two days to unwind and focus himself.

radiofriendly
05-25-2010, 02:53 PM
That photo says more than words.
(song unfortunately comes to mind...)

DeadheadForPaul
05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Hmm wonder if the scrubs were part of an image campaign or if he simply just ran from work

either way, love it

BlackTerrel
05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I thought scrbs were a bit odd out of the office, but whatever he wants, really.

Those things are comfortable as hell

Knightskye
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
He's not in a suit and tie. That's fantastic. He really isn't a career politician.

Was it his choice to wear his scrubs?

Matt Collins
05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Rand wears scrubs on surgery days.

TXcarlosTX
05-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Hmm wonder if the scrubs were part of an image campaign or if he simply just ran from work

either way, love it

image. no dount. like i said. he laying the blueprint for victory. just sit back and watch.

itshappening
05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Rand should wear scrubs in his new ads because I think it plays well and reminds independent voters he's not a career politician

sailingaway
05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Rand should wear scrubs in his new ads because I think it plays well and reminds independent voters he's not a career politician

I disagree. When he is in his office, great, but on ads you have to be careful that it doesn't look contrived. Once people think he is insincere, that's it.

TheFlashlight.org
05-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Such a great line

TheFlashlight.org
05-25-2010, 09:59 PM
I disagree. When he is in his office, great, but on ads you have to be careful that it doesn't look contrived. Once people think he is insincere, that's it.

If his opponent wore scrubs, that would be insincere. Once you get through medical school and are actually a practicing doctor, you can wear scrubs wherever and whenever you want. Rand seems to be on a tight schedule, like when he had to wear the halfsuit for a TV interview after just leaving his son's soccer game. Maybe Olbermann doesn't get it, since he's a pampered pompous ass.

sailingaway
05-25-2010, 10:03 PM
If his opponent wore scrubs, that would be insincere. Once you get through medical school and are actually a practicing doctor, you can wear scrubs wherever and whenever you want. Rand seems to be on a tight schedule, like when he had to wear the halfsuit for a TV interview after just leaving his son's soccer game. Maybe Olbermann doesn't get it, since he's a pampered pompous ass.

I hope you don't for a moment think I got the idea from Olberman. I have yet to watch that segment, and may not. It was my own idea. On a couple of ads where he was in doctor's clothes I sort of winced at the context.

0zzy
05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I hope you don't for a moment think I got the idea from Olberman. I have yet to watch that segment, and may not. It was my own idea. On a couple of ads where he was in doctor's clothes I sort of winced at the context.

well he's a doctor, what should he wear? lawyer clothes?

now that would be out of context!

TheFlashlight.org
05-25-2010, 10:05 PM

No, I don't think that. I mean, your opinion is valid. It's your opinion. He's a doctor though. That's who he is. Soon to be Senator Doctor Rand Paul.

sailingaway
05-25-2010, 10:53 PM
No, I don't think that. I mean, your opinion is valid. It's your opinion. He's a doctor though. That's who he is. Soon to be Senator Doctor Rand Paul.

I support whatever he wears; he could show up in bloomers.

But when it is candidates I DON'T know about, I'd be cynical about a tv ad showing him in doctor clothes when he could clearly pick whatever he wanted to wear for the ad.

devil21
05-26-2010, 01:02 AM
That photo says more than words.
(song unfortunately comes to mind...)

Now let's pull up a pic of Mr. Conway, another lawyer, running for the Senate. Let's see....here we go....I don't know who the other guy is but he probably sucks :p

http://ag.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/CF14D77A-5C9F-42BD-BE18-58B8714AA2DD/0/IMG_3938.JPG

Another Mitt Romney clone.