PDA

View Full Version : TN Police Under FBI Investigation over suicide/homicide during foreclosure proceeding

ord33
05-25-2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.themountainpress.com/view/full_story/7483846/article--Probe-opened-in-death-of-woman-?instance=most_recommended

This story is from where I live - lots of controversy brewing here. It sounds like Mr. Ross would have likely been a Ron Paul supporter.

ord33
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Lots more information with more background:

http://www.theknoxvillejournal.com/inside/pages/news/Sevier-citizens-sue-government.html

Teresa Cosper called me concerning the Oct. 6, 2008 death of her mother, Pamela Ross, a Sevierville, resident.

After talking with her for nearly an hour, I asked her to write a summary of the events which led to the death of her mother as she had described them to me.

I agreed that our newspaper will look into this story and will make the case a part of an ongoing investigation.

Cosper says her mother was killed by mistake by overzealous officers. She believes the evidence will show that her mother could not have committed suicide as the exit wound was in her chest and a small entry wound of the bullet was in her back.

Cosper wrote the following:

“Dear Ms. Woodward,

This is a summary of the events that occurred on October 6, 2008.

“My dad, Jimmie Ross, was standing in court in front of Judge Jeff Radar trying to get an extension on the foreclosure of his home at 230 Lexington Place in Sevierville. While he was in court, Judge Radar received a phone call and took it. Afterwards, he gave my dad a 10 day extension. An officer walked out to the car with my dad and just as they got to the car he said, ‘Mr. Ross, your wife has been in an accident and has been taken to the hospital.’

“Because she was terminally ill and mostly bedridden for the last year with scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, and polymocitis, my dad thought she had fallen and possibly sprained her ankle. He ran home to change out of his suit before going up to the hospital and found his home surrounded by Sevierville police officers, sheriff’s dept. officers and dogs.

“One officer jumped on his car with an assault weapon and ordered him to get out of the car, patted him down and placed him in handcuffs where he was held for between 1- and-1/2 to 2 hours. They wouldn’t let him go into the house. After keeping him in custody for all of that time, they took the handcuffs off and said, dispassionately, ‘Oh by the way, your wife didn’t make it’ and left him to find her blood all over the garage.

We have since learned that there was an entire effort in place to remove my parents from their home. My parents were said to be members of some sort of ‘separatists movement’ which is untrue.

“I’m sending several attachments including the 911 transcripts which we believe will show collusion and conspiracy, and the autopsy report which has many discrepancies and errors and a picture of the huge gunshot wound in my mother’s chest.

“There was a small slit in her back with no blood on it. Family members saw her in the funeral home. The front of her jeans was smeared with blood, but the back contained no blood.

Also, when one of the funeral home directors turned the my mother over, blood poured from the wound on her chest.

“Our family begged the District Attorney, Jimmy Dunn, and the Medical Examiner for an autopsy, which they would not do. We were told, ‘I know them boys. Them boys is good boys. They wouldn’t do anything like that.’

“We were also told that no one in the state of Tennessee would do the autopsy. Finally, Mr. Ron Toolsie agreed to do it, at our expense, but please be aware of our concern that he had his license suspended for lying on an autopsy.

“Another concern is that the autopsy was done in the funeral home without the proper equipment or a sterile environment. Also, please remember that my mother was in the disabling stage of rheumatoid arthritis which left her with virtually no ability to grasp much less pull the slide and trigger of a 9 mm Glock (handgun) pointing it forward, much less, twisted around toward herself. Her doctor can verify this.

“The sheriff and police departments are claiming it was a suicide. We believe that one of the officers shot her. It is our understanding that Sgts. Mike Voncannon and J.J. Breeden were the officers in the garage of my parents’ home with her when she died.

“We think they are the ones to question about what happened. We don’t think anyone went there with the intention of shooting her. We think things got out of hand and someone over-reacted.

“We want to know what happened. We want to know why there were so many officers and dogs there for a foreclosure? They claim my dad threatened a judge.

“If this were true, why didn’t they keep him when he was at the court house? There was no warrant for arrest, no writ of possession, no court order, etc.

“Thank you for agreeing to bring this out into the light. Our family really appreciates it.

Sincerely,

Teresa Ross Cosper.”

After numerous attempts to speak with Sheriff Ronald L. Seals about the accusations made by the Ross family, I was told that Sheriff Seals would not discuss the issue with me.

I was referred to Capt. Jeff McCarter, spokesperson for the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office on April 13. McCarter has yet to return messages.

Seals took office on March 5, 2007, after being appointed as Sheriff by the Sevier County Commission upon the death of Bruce R. Montgomery.

Sheriff Seals has served as an officer with the Sheriff’s Office for 35 years and was officially elected sheriff in 2008 by the citizens of Sevier County.

(To be continued).

nateerb
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Waco tripped all my 15 amp circuits. The 7 year old girl in Detroit last week tripped my main 100 amp breaker. If I follow this story I will start blowing very expensive Wisconsin Electric equipment - I cannot afford the bill for that, sorry. Too much load right now. ;)

tnvoter
05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
#(*$&#(*$&

free1
05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
They knew he was in court. Why bother going to the house?

catdd
05-26-2010, 12:15 PM
What do they mean "we won't do an autopsy?"

Do they have the right to refuse to give an autopsy - even if the family asks and is willing to pay for it?

Anti Federalist
05-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Humph, and they wonder why they get shot at.