PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno has David Gregory (Meet the Press) on to criticize Rand and Tea Party

Brian4Liberty
05-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Jay Leno had David Gregory (from Meet the Press) on last night to criticize Rand and the Tea Party movement. Wonder if that was a last minute addition to Jay's show?

It looks like one of the new Leftist talking points about libertarians and Tea Parties is "if they don't like government, why are they running for office?" A dishonest and nonsensical argument. Andrea Mitchel also used it the other day.

YouTube - Jay Leno and David Gregory on RP.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8dgF-G05fA)

itshappening
05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
How dare someone cancel Meet the Depressed

Govt is the only entity to clean stuff up, they never screw up

Gregory is a moron

RonPaulFanInGA
05-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Such clowns. I'm starting to wonder if I'll be more happy when Rand Paul wins because it's a big step in the right direction in the government or if because it'll spite these media types.

The entitlement and arrogance just oozes from these people. "How dare he cancel on us, doesn't he know who we are?! We need to get on Leno quick for a trash segment."

God I hope Rand has a huge lead in the next poll after their little DNC-orchestrated pile-on.

Krugerrand
I thought David Gregory - for the most part - did a good job of summarizing things. He pointed out how TARP really made the TP explode - and that that was originally a Bush thing. He pointed out that the TP has no identified leader for the 2012 elections. And - he pointed out that the debate is the role the government should play in general.

WorldonaString
lol who was the other guy?

angelatc
Leno is alright. He stays in the middle.

Brian4Liberty
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I thought David Gregory - for the most part - did a good job of summarizing things. He pointed out how TARP really made the TP explode - and that that was originally a Bush thing. He pointed out that the TP has no identified leader for the 2012 elections. And - he pointed out that the debate is the role the government should play in general.

Yeah, his summary wasn't terrible. They try to play the unbiased press person until they get a chance to badger a candidate for a soundbite that they can replay ad nauseum.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Man would I love to be on Jay Leno and get asked the question where were you then and watch it blow up in his face...

HOLLYWOOD
05-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Referring to Leno's question about, "Where were the Tea Party people when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of; Eminent Domain or Warrant-less Spying on the people?"

Hey Jay Leno/David Gergory... Just visit Ron Paul Forums' posts from 2007 and read away!

NBC President Jeff Zucker

http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_tv/2008/12/large_leno-zucker.jpg

Obama and GE/NBC CEO-president & also on Obama's Council of Economic Advisers Jeffery Immelt

PS: Checkout in the background Presidential Chief adviser and Chicago Shore Bank Racketeer, Valerie Jarrett eyeballing the conversation

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009/08/31/obamaimmelt_1.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/pauly_cy/obama20nbc20peacock.jpg

surf
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
It looks like one of the new Leftist talking points about libertarians and Tea Parties is "if they don't like government, why are they running for office?" A dishonest and nonsensical argument. Andrea Mitchel also used it the other day.

many libertarian candidates have run on the platform of, "if elected i'll eliminate (or downsize) the position." it's a great platform - the eliminate portion - for positions such as Lt. Gov.

i agree though - i'm a bit disgusted with that talking point.

Aratus
05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
MEET THE PRESS and JAY LENO are NBC ---THE PEACOCK NETWORK hates loosing viewers, and feathers.

catdd
05-25-2010, 12:18 PM
"if they don't like government, why are they running for office?"

Wow, what a totally cool and far out question. Did your mother have any more children that lived?

Aratus
05-25-2010, 12:32 PM
david gregory is still acting like as if he's mentally thinking that rand
wouldn't have cancelled so qucik & fast on tim russert in his heyday.
we have one proud, peeved and pissed off peacock trying to strut!!!

Odin
05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
"if they don't like government, why are they running for office?"

Wow, what a totally cool and far out question. Did your mother have any more children that lived?

ahahaha how can a rational adult even ask a question like that?

jay leno actually pissed me off more than Gregory. Conan was way cooler and funnier.

Flash
05-25-2010, 02:12 PM
YouTube - Bill Hicks - Artistic Roll Call (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0RfZfagyW8)

Reminded me of this bit.

tnvoter
05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
YouTube - Bill Hicks - Artistic Roll Call (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0RfZfagyW8)

Reminded me of this bit.

haha

Brian4Liberty
05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
MEET THE PRESS and JAY LENO are NBC ---THE PEACOCK NETWORK hates loosing viewers, and feathers.

Guess that makes sense. Network execs come down to Leno: "change your show Monday night, you are going to have David Gregory on and make fun of Rand Paul."

TruckinMike
05-26-2010, 12:37 PM

And the appropriate reply to this ludicrous statement is...

"Well, if you would prefer, we could just starting shooting all of you traitorous bastards. Which would you have us do? Its your call..."

TMike:D

sunghoko
05-26-2010, 01:41 PM
not a fan of leno but he did put Ron on during the primaries when he got dissed by Fox News for that New Hampshire forum

Depressed Liberator
05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Zucker is a fucker. Shouldn't have screwed Conan over like that.

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-26-2010, 04:11 PM
What a fucking douchebag. Nice to see the old canard of 'Well, de-regulation is what you people want so the MegaCorps can fuck up things'. God, I FUCKING HATE Keynesian-Government Interventionist-Fascist shitheels. :mad:

muzzled dogg
05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
email jay see if we cant get rand on