PDA

View Full Version : Schiff Statement on Simmons Announcement

K466
05-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Schiff is still in, to win! He needs to get more aggressive with the campaign now, we only have a few months left.

Schiff Statement on Simmons Announcement (http://schiffforsenate.com/?q=press-releases/schiff-statement-simmons-announcement)
Tue, May 25, 2010

Economist, author, and Connecticut candidate for U.S. Senate Peter Schiff made the following comments about the recent end to Rob Simmons' campaign for Senate:

"Rob Simmons brought energy to this race and ran an honorable campaign. His voice will be missed in this debate. His service to our country and our state will not be forgotten. This is now, however, a two-person campaign and one to which I look forward and intend to win. There are many differences between Linda McMahon and myself, and over the course of the coming weeks, I will demonstrate to the voters of Connecticut who I am, what I stand for, and why I am the top choice among those who want to bring meaningful change to Washington. I am a true political outsider and real grassroots candidate. There is a reason why I am the choice of Tea Party leaders, political newcomers and independents, and why Linda McMahon, the darling of the establishment, has become the ultimate insider. Those reasons will become clear over the next several weeks."

josh.schisler
05-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I think that this gives Peter a better chance to win.

Epic
05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I also think this is good for Peter, but he still has a small chance.

In fact, some people are saying McMahon's won already. Hopefully that makes her voters stay home...

We need new polling data. If a two way race were about 50% - 25% that would be good, it would be something to build on.

MRoCkEd
05-25-2010, 09:58 AM
How is Linda an insider?

Anyway, do you really Schiff can pull off an upset in a 1v1 match against her?

josh.schisler
05-25-2010, 10:08 AM
How is Linda an insider?

Linda is an insider since she has donated to tons of candidates through WWE.

Based on her favorable/unfavorables I think that Schiff can beat her. She hasn't even been attacked on her donations to liberal democrats yet. How is she going to spin that?

TXcarlosTX
05-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Peter is gangster!!!

evilfunnystuff
05-25-2010, 10:18 AM

Well she didn't get much over 50 percent at the convention witch means people want another choice and if peter is the only other choice on the ballot...

She may have more money, but we should be able to raise enough for peter to get his message out, and the MSM should have a hard time not covering Peters campaign.

At least that's my hopeful take on it.;)

Jeremy
05-25-2010, 10:19 AM
I know many conservatives dislike her, so Peter will have to go with that.

K466
05-25-2010, 10:22 AM
How is Linda an insider?

Just listen to Peters description of the convention, she is a full blown insider now.

Schiff can win but it's up to him and his campaign, he is going to needs a better strategy and a rise in the polls to energize his support base.

qwerty
05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
How is Linda an insider?

OMG!

:rolleyes: